You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona 3 Liverpool 0 (May 1 2019)

16 hours ago, dave u said:

There's a famous picture of him getting out of the shower back in his playing days. Looked like a little baby bird poking it's head out of the nest.

In fairness, maybe it was an ice bath he'd just gotten out of?

Not huge if true.

All has been revealed. 

There's still a faint hope we can turn it around. If Barca, as the rest of the football world, think this is over, then maybe we could be back in the game quckly.

I've always had the opinion we'd never win in 2005 if Milan was 2-0 up at halftime. We needed them to believe the tie was over. This time we need Barca to have their minds on the final in Madrid.

We were all over them for the majority of the match, at their own ground. 

We're going to play even better at Anfield, early goal and the place will be bouncing and we'll show suarez and Coutinho what proper European nights look like. 

5-1 with a last minute winner 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, moof said:

I’m pretty excited at the prospect of us chasing down a 3-0. Throw everything at them from minute 1, get the crowd right on top of them. An early goal and anything can happen

An early goal to Barca will mean not much can happen. I don't think we will go gung ho,I just think we will try our best to make sure we score first and give ourselves control of the second leg before anything else. Gung ho will be second half stuff,probably late in the game.

Think a lot will depend how we get on at Newcastle tonight. If the worst happens and we blow up, I can see Jurgen going eye balls out against Barcelona in the return. But if we keep our title ambitions on track, I still think he'll set out to win on the night against Barcelona and will keep something back for the Wolves game.

Bollocks to holding anything back.

Get into them like no ones business and do all we can to batter them and get to final - it's a slim, slim chance but i want to see us give everything we have to do it.

We can then give everything we have again on Sunday v Wolves if we can still win title.

It's 3 massive games in a week, with a chance (however slim) of winning the biggest titles in the game - these weeks don't come around often - adrenaline and the chance to make history should see us playing like men possessed, until it's impossible to win either prize. You can't go giving up on one thing in the hope you might get something else - just give absolutely everything to win both.

If it goes wrong at Newcastle and City win league on Monday then obviously Sunday becomes a nothing game - but that is the only scenario where anything less than 100% should be given.

Well i suppose if we are 2-0 down at half time on Tuesday and Sunday it is still on then subbing big Virgil and 2 of the front 3 would be fair do's.

• dave u unpinned this topic