You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

He's a good bloke Kalle.

I keep repeating myself but get on Boxing Life Stories by Tris Dixon on any podcast app, it's fucking brilliant he has loads of great guests all with fascinating stories, last week's episode was gut-wrenching to listen to.

Well apart from the Tunde Ajay episode, he talks complete bollocks and thinks he's some kind of boxing prophet/oracle.

2 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

He’s right up there with people you could have a superb night out with.

Not least because I wouldn’t be able to stop laughing all night.

Haha. 

Oh nice one Jair. I will be sure to neg very post of yours that I can until you remove that gurning fucker. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I love how Joshua tries to simultaneously be gangsta and a corporate brand.

Tedious bellwhiff.

I saw a clip of the interview where he says it and even Anna Woolhouse looks like she wants to laugh at him. 

Joshua will never leave a legacy. He is a hype job. He is lucky Hearn has wrapped him in relative cotton wool because Wilder or Fury would ruin him. 

15 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

I love how Joshua tries to simultaneously be gangsta and a corporate brand.

Tedious bellwhiff.

Biggest hype job ever. I'm glad the wankathon got derailed in such ignominious fashion. Not even a flash knockdown, just outfought and battered.

Ooh, he had concussion. Fuck off.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Boss said:

I'm not a big fan of the bloke but you don't win three of the four major titles if you're a hype job. 

The only decent fight he has had was beating an over the hill Klitschko. He nearly made a pigs eat of that and all. He leaves no legacy at all unless he beats Wilder and Fury. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

The only decent fight he has had was beating an over the hill Klitschko. He nearly made a pigs eat of that and all. He leaves no legacy at all unless he beats Wilder and Fury. 

He beat Povetkin, Parker and Whyte. These are all highly credible opponents. Better than anyone Fury has beaten if you remove their mutual opponent (Klitschko).

12 minutes ago, Boss said:

He beat Povetkin, Parker and Whyte. These are all highly credible opponents. Better than anyone Fury has beaten if you remove their mutual opponent (Klitschko).

Not really. He can’t fight. Do you think he beats Ruiz in the rematch ? 

57 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not really. He can’t fight. Do you think he beats Ruiz in the rematch ? 

He lost a fight. Lennox Lewis got KO'd. Joe Louis got KO'd. Joe Frazier got KO'd. Wladimir Klitschko got KO'd multiple times. Naturally after a loss he'll get written off, but let's not re-write history like he's a bum. A bum doesn't beat the level of fighters he's beaten, in the manner he beat them. Ruiz could beat him again, and it still wouldn't diminish what he's achieved in the sport.  

It depends what Joshua is in it for, I suspect its the money. He goes on about his legacy which he says is to be able to sit back and enjoy watching boxing, presumably he means by not criticising them. Not really a legacy that.

I think he has been found out earlier than expected, he'll probably beat Ruiz and then it will be back to normal with him avoiding Wilder and Fury and fighting the ones just below the top class fighters, of the ilk of Povetkin ,Whyte, Pulev.  Cant see him going anywhere near Usyk or Dubois either.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

I'm not a big fan of the bloke but you don't win three of the four major titles if you're a hype job. 

He was built up to be an unstoppable machine even though he won those titles against ordinary opposition. Then he got outfought by Ruiz. Lennox was knocked out twice by single punches. He wasn't outfought the way anthonhype jobshua was.

As for credible opposition, Povetkin was shite without his drugs and Parker had had his talent trained out of him. Whyte would probably beat AJ if he fought him again.