You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2019

Elite

6 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

He was built up to be an unstoppable machine even though he won those titles against opposition. Then he got outfought by Ruiz. Lennox was knocked out twice by single punches. He wasn't outfought the way anthonhype jobshua was.

As for credible opposition, Povetkin was shite without his drugs and Parker had had his talent trained out of him. Whyte would probably beat AJ if he fought him again.

Lewis went life and death with Frank Bruno. 

Parker beat Ruiz and Joshua beat Parker. Dillian Whyte beating AJ is hypothetical. What isn't hypothetical though is the footage of Whyte with his head through the ropes not knowing what fucking day it is - after being uppercutted into next week.

Just now, General Dryness said:

Parker got a lucky decision against Ruiz. AJ couldn't knock Parker out and snoozed to a points win. 

Whyte took the fight to AJ and nearly knocked him out as I recall. 

He rocked him for about two seconds and got his arse kicked for the rest of the fight. 

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

Most of the scorecards have joshua ahead 4 rounds to 2. Hardly a fucking whitewash.

Joshua's took so much shit over the last couple of months it's ridiculous. His entire legacy has been thrown in the bin because he got caught by a punch. This is heavyweight boxing. Shit happens. 

I hope he comes back and flattens Ruiz now. I wasn't a fan of the bloke - partly because he's shagged Kirsty Gallagher and i'm jealous and partly because I always thought Wilder would beat him, but i'm rooting for him now. He's kept his head down in the face of pure ridicule and manned up by accepting an immediate rematch on neutral soil. 

I hope AJ wins the rematch because I’d like to see him in the big fights against Fury/Wilder with all the belts on the line. That said, it would be pretty funny if the (relatively) small fat fella derailed the train completely by pasting him a second time. 

Does Ruiz beat Tyson Fury? I don’t think he does. 

15 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Calling one of the greatest heavyweights of all time a clown is not what I'd describe as keeping your head down.

And you keep referring to him getting caught by a punch. Lennox Lewis was caught by one big punch in the two fights he lost. Joshua was caught by a fucking plethora of them.

Lewis is only one of the greatest of all time because his career is finished. No doubt he would've been called a hype job after getting KO'd by McCall. He was in exactly the same position Joshua's in now. 

He got his senses scrambled by the left hook in the 3rd, similar to Khan vs Garcia, he never recovered from it. Chances are he won't make that mistake a second time.

The main difference between Lewis and Joshua is the fact that Lewis could box

The only way Joshua fights Fury or Wilder is if he gets beat by Ruiz. Then its a potentially last big payday with him going in as the plucky underdog. 

3 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Parker got a lucky decision against Ruiz. AJ couldn't knock Parker out and snoozed to a points win. 

Whyte took the fight to AJ and nearly knocked him out as I recall. 

Whyte's shoulder was fucked as well.

2 hours ago, A Red said:

The main difference between Lewis and Joshua is the fact that Lewis could box

The only way Joshua fights Fury or Wilder is if he gets beat by Ruiz. Then its a potentially last big payday with him going in as the plucky underdog. 

This. If Joshua does win the rematch he'll be protected to high heaven.

4 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Leave it out, Boss looks a big enough cunt as it is. No need to rub salt in the axe-wound. 

Shots fired.

Let’s hope none of them graze Joshua’s whiskers.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boss said:

Joshua's took so much shit over the last couple of months it's ridiculous. His entire legacy has been thrown in the bin because he got battered everywhere by a fat little journey-man. This is heavyweight boxing. Shit happens. 

I hope he comes back and flattens Ruiz now. I wasn't a fan of the bloke - partly because he's shagged Kirsty Gallagher and i'm jealous and partly because I always thought Wilder would beat him, but i'm rooting for him now. He's kept his head down in the face of pure ridicule and manned up by accepting an immediate rematch on neutral soil. 

I've corrected that for you. 

He hasn't got a legacy. He still has a chance to build one but he needs to start managing Hearn and not letting Hearn protect him. 

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Leave it out, Boss looks a big enough cunt as it is. No need to rub salt in the wound. 

Touche. Watch what happens in the rematch fella, when he has Michelin Man face down on the canvas counting snickers bars.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Boss said:

Touche. Watch what happens in the rematch fella, when he has Michelin Man face down on the canvas counting snickers bars.

Like he was supposed to do in two rounds last time anyway? What will happen? Fuck all. It will be business as usual. Dalian Whyte next-up in a domestic showdown. Winner fights Audley Harrison. 

The guy is a fraud. If he fought Klitschko at the same age he would have been battered. If he fought Lewis at the same age he wouldn't have fought again. 

The nice guy persona he has been told to sell has been fully found out. Its not even like Lewis went on "the glover are off" and started calling Joshua a load of old dog shite. he simply stated that he isn't having the fights he should. Joshua has reacted like a petulant disrespectful tit. 

• Upvote 1