You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

40 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

They have a really tiny squad this year, think I read somewhere they only have 12 non-homegrown players. Sold a lot of their depth players over the summer. Most of their squad will be at the World Cup as well, plenty of them as starters.

Players used so far this season in the PL.

0D5285C3-08AC-4C98-966F-354BEFBDED88.jpeg

6DAC0624-C642-45CA-BA01-E3FE500FA4C0.jpeg

2D78AF2C-A49C-4C07-89D2-6FDB607DCC3F.jpeg

61B75D3C-57AE-426A-9361-009A4211C0D5.jpeg

1EE0C5DF-1262-4DEE-81EB-F58013FF3036.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

The world cup will be more of a mini break for most players though, what would it be ? on average 5 games in a period of 6 weeks, if out early fly back and rest?

Yes thats true, both Arsenal and Newcastle have 10 players with more than 900 minutes so far, Spurs 8, City 7 and us only 6.

9CE94854-301C-46D3-9B06-4B18EF0ED644.jpeg

18209074-4B11-4BBF-BF05-2A2CF49EADEA.jpeg

690A6B54-C6C5-4C03-8A68-0F0026384E62.jpeg

51138BAD-D4DF-4100-809B-FDA719FB7799.jpeg

1E804D22-B1D8-4171-BCB3-C1BB16781806.jpeg

I’ve always said these are nothing but flat track bullies. Great when it’s going their way but shit it when anyone stands up to them. No doubting they’re great players but there’s a soft centre to them.

They gave up early when Leicester won it and did the same when we won it. Shame we decided to turn fucking stupid this summer and rip up everything we were good at otherwise we’d have been pissing it this year.

This arsenal team are nothing special and have got a few hidings awaiting them in the dark months of winter.

We get it right and back him properly in January we’re in with a shout you know. 

(I have been on the wagon for 2 weeks so not the ale talking this time) 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mathewbet1 said:

If either the freak or ginger nuts gets injured, then they are screwed.

The ginger nut looked like he couldn't be arsed yesterday and to be fair, if he doesn't show up, city generally don't show up and once the other one hits puberty, her balls will drop and he'll discover boys. 

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I think most of those losses came after Guardiola publically conceeded and decided to go all in for the CL while we were home and hosed.

Mate, we were miles ahead of them by November.

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Kind of proves my point, they didnt lose 9 games before November.

Your point was that in the one season where City are or seem inconsistent, we're not taking advantage.

My point is there was another season and we did take advantage.

If you simply want to win the arguement, be my guest. I couldn't give a toss.

It was Cancelo booked for the dive in the second half, he obviously hasn’t been practicing as it was blatant, and yes, funny how it wasn’t shown by MOTD, can’t upset them y’know!

Since Kompany left them they’ve not had a really solid defence, if teams went at them more they’d be in the shit much more often, sure they’ll score goals, there’s too many talented players available for them not too, but I do think it’s looking like whenever Haaland plays, they use him as the easy option and it’s to their detriment, as they then tend not to get the ball to the bye line as much as they used to do.

Incredibly, if we get on a run, I can see that scaring a few teams like Arsenal for instance, and anything could happen after that.

53 minutes ago, m0e said:

Your point was that in the one season where City are or seem inconsistent, we're not taking advantage.

My point is there was another season and we did take advantage.

If you simply want to win the arguement, be my guest. I couldn't give a toss.

Jesus fucking christ, what is it with certain posters on this forum who want to minutely disect and in their opinion correct almost every statement others make then go 'If you simply want to win the argument, be my guest. I dont give a toss'?

Im not interested in arguing with you or anyone else. If you disagree, fine.

52 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Jesus fucking christ, what is it with certain posters on this forum who want to minutely disect and in their opinion correct almost every statement others make then go 'If you simply want to win the argument, be my guest. I dont give a toss'?

Im not interested in arguing with you or anyone else. If you disagree, fine.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I offer you Exhibit A of Jung's famous shadow theory: projection.

6 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

De Bruyne was looking like the fat kid in gym class near the end of the match. Red-faced and puffing like a steam-engine.

Particularly after he gave the ball away for Toney's winner.

I hope Belgium go a long long way in the WC and he plays every minute.

A salah at afcon type every minute of every game with all 4 knock out games to and including final going to extra time....with a hamstring injury in 120th minute of final.