You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

It’s all a bit pathetic now. Klopp threatening to sue, more pro-Klopp or pro-City articles today…

Although I admit our behaviour against City hasn’t always been great and they do have a legitimate beef at times - the coach welcoming, a supporters coach being attacked (this was in 2014, I’d never heard of it until yesterday) the “hacking”, if the alleged spitting & coin throwing incidents are true but they haven’t half milked the fuck out of every incident.

Man Utd had their coach massively more damaged at West Ham and they don’t cry about it every season. They accepted the £1 million hacking settlement because we weren’t a threat. There was no evidence found of spitting last season. There has (so far) been no evidence of coin throwing or their coach being damaged on Sunday, they’ve not even reported it to the police.

I’m not condoning any of the above, at least we’ve said we’ll follow through with investigations and make apologies.

We’ve had minutes silences boo’d, purposely hurtful songs sang about people’s deaths, our ground defaced (some knobhead with a Sharpie is hardly earth shattering but it still shouldn’t happen), their players singing about Sean Cox and, to my knowledge at least, no acceptance of their behalves. 

If they don’t like Klopp’s comments on Friday, then tough shit. They are true. They weren’t found “not guilty” by CAS, they got away with it over a limitations technicality. They receive multimillion sponsorship deals from betting companies with 22 Twitter followers. They claim Haaland “only” cost £54m and “Nunez cost more” apparently, ignoring all the other add-ons Haaland costs.

Everybody knows it’s all bollocks, it’s just nobody can conclusively do anything about it. Deflecting onto us shows a guilty conscience.

Journalists are just as cowardly as the majority of teams in the Premiership. Turn up expecting a total humiliation from City and are relieved when it’s a gentle bumming. Amazing how our out of sorts, old, injured, apparently finished line up on Sunday kept De Bruyne & Haaland incredibly quiet. Maybe if more teams and journalists took our approach to City, they’d start to unravel on and off the pitch.

• Upvote 4

The frankly silly claims that Klopp’s comments regarding finances were xenophobic are seriously laughable. It’s about finances and bending the rules, not the origins of the finance. 

Of course, Cheque-book Pep and his cohorts have no limit to how low they’ll stoop to protect their sports washing brand and the only thing that keeps them competitive. It’s all quite shameful. 

The absolute hatred for our club and the city is unbelievable from what I've read since Sunday. Twats justifying Hillsborough stuff by saying our fans booed  during the silence to commemorate the queen's death (Didn't happen). Going on about Heysel, poverty, bin dipper shouts from twats who live in complete hovels and moaning about things that every other set of fans do but for some reason only Liverpool fans do it. 

The "ticketless fans" routine is still getting traction even though its been proven it was a lie. 

Its seems that it is just a natuonal pastime to have a go at scousers because if they tried to do it to a black or asian person they'd be getting done for race hate. They wonder why we fucking hate the rest of the country. 

Still for some bizarre reason everyone seems to side with a club who have unlimited money and use dodgy sponsorship deals to funnel money into the club. But at the same time stopping their club from ever having the chance to win a domestic cup or have a go at the league. Bizarre mentality but you have to join in the hating the scousers routine. 

• Upvote 2

No issue with Klopp being charged for Sunday, although it’s funny you can’t run up and down the touch line and then scream in the linesman’s face, I am a little surprised Guardiola hasn’t been charged.

All his bench, with him as ring leader, were at Taylor for the VAR check.

Although it doesn’t justify (allegedly) coins being thrown at him, he also shouldn’t be inciting the crowd the way he was. It’s not the first time he’s done it at Anfield either - the twice game and when Milner wasn’t sent off last season. 

Finally, he spent as much time on the pitch on Sunday as most of his starters. He was constantly out of his technical area and encroaching on the field of play. Again, not a big thing, though he’s reacted and like a tit virtually all game, Klopp had one outburst and is, rightly, getting charged. Even Klopp’s goal celebration was restrained, it was fucking carnage everywhere else. 

I can’t remember Guardiola being like this for Barca v Madrid. I know he acting like a drama queen in a few press conferences or maybe it was Mourinho acting a cunt taking the limelight off him, seems like something about us really needles him more than even Madrid. Maybe he should wear a pin badge promoting City independence against more illustrious sides. 

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

It all seems to have gone unnoticed that united players all surrounded the ref in their game against Newcastle on Sunday. Have any of those players been charged? Nope, not a one.

Let's have a level playing field!

I thought they had? Not specific individuals but failing to control their players or some shit. 

Newcastle should have done the same, that non-penalty between Varane & Wilson was the worst decision of the weekend. 

Guardiola doesn't hate us, quite the opposite, even despite the unlimited funds at his disposal, he wants what we have.

Anything he does at City is given the Alan Partridge shrug from most people outside of the club, nobody cares and he doesn't get anywhere near the love Klopp gets from our fans and it must hurt him that despite putting together a brilliant team his achievements get overlooked.

I completely forgot about this until now…

That could by that Rat Silva on Mo wasn’t the most blantent foul we didn’t get all game, Rodri came through the back of Mo on the edge of our box and which went unpunished. Nowhere near the ball, wiped out Mo, fair foul, play on. 

Haaland nearly scored about 10 seconds later but as VVD cleared the initial cross, I’m unsure if it would have been disallowed, next phases of play, resets and all that…

EBE30D6B-EA69-438E-B44B-69C0DB2CCEA2.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Guardiola doesn't hate us, quite the opposite, even despite the unlimited funds at his disposal, he wants what we have.

Anything he does at City is given the Alan Partridge shrug from most people outside of the club, nobody cares and he doesn't get anywhere near the love Klopp gets from our fans and it must hurt him that despite putting together a brilliant team his achievements get overlooked.

I don’t think he hates us, I do think what you’ve said and for likely the same reasons, needles him. 

Klopp is spot on to sue, very clever. On the face of it it's to defend himself against defamation, but presumably any court action will unearth where the briefings against him have come from, and journos in the future will have to be very careful about what they print from 'insiders'.

Chris Sutton saying Klopp should be banned for 10 games. The same Chris Sutton who screamed at and threatened a referee in one of his kids games.

All these media outlets must love Liverpool. Just write one or two bad articles about them and you get that much traffic and comments off fans of other nomark teams jizzing their pants about it.

It's an over used saying now but "your boos mean nothing, I've seen what makes you cheer" sums up my feeling to most of the country. The slightest discretion  at Liverpool becomes a national debate. Klopp merely saying some clubs have no financial limits causes outrage across all media but welcoming owners into a league that had a journalist murdered and dismembered while his fiance sat outside all because his opinions annoyed one of their ruling class that.. that is okay. Football promotes equality for gay people yet stay silent on football owners under whose power gay people are killed or imprisoned. Fuck their outrage about LFC it shames them not us. We should just keep our own house tidy and for me that isn't stooping the degenerate levels. Dont sing horrible shit it lacks human decency.

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Amazing how our out of sorts, old, injured, apparently finished line up on Sunday kept De Bruyne & Haaland incredibly quiet. Maybe if more teams and journalists took our approach to City, they’d start to unravel on and off the pitch.

This wasn't because we're any good. It's because Pep tinkered a winning formula. It's something he always does whenever they lose. 

Apparently.

So a couple of days on and there's no photos or videos of coins being thrown at the City bench and no footage of Liverpool fans smashing up City's bus. 

Only a photo of a chipped windscreen of a vehicle sitting g somewhere on an industrial estate. Add to the fact that no one spat at the City bench last year like they claim. Strange that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

So a couple of days on and there's no photos or videos of coins being thrown at the City bench and no footage of Liverpool fans smashing up City's bus. 

Only a photo of a chipped windscreen of a vehicle sitting g somewhere on an industrial estate. Add to the fact that no one spat at the City bench last year like they claim. Strange that.

If it turns out no coin was thrown we need to go to town on these cunts.

Probably damaged their own coach. Let’s wait and see if the police investigation, CCTV, the ground security cameras or the thousands of phone cameras in the crowd actually show anything being thrown. But it doesn’t really matter because they’ve already had the media victory. 

18 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Guardiola would kill to get our job. 

18 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Klopp is spot on to sue, very clever. On the face of it it's to defend himself against defamation, but presumably any court action will unearth where the briefings against him have come from, and journos in the future will have to be very careful about what they print from 'insiders'.

I don't see how he wins..reporters won't need to reveal a source. They're reporting what is said. The papers themselves have not called klopp xenophobic. and if he loses it'll actually make him look guilty. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Guardiola would kill to get our job. 

I don't see how he wins..reporters won't need to reveal a source. They're reporting what is said. The papers themselves have not called klopp xenophobic. and if he loses it'll actually make him look guilty. 

He’d have to sue whoever is responsible for the slur in the first place. He’s wasting his time and it’ll backfire on him.  

• Upvote 1