You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

On 04/10/2022 at 09:22, VladimirIlyich said:

While I think you are mostly correct I am still to see their business acumen of letting saleable players like Can and Wijnaldum run their contracts down and allow them to leave for free while keeping serial crocks like OC and Keita? These two may also leave on a free at a later date. 

Maybe they're playing the long game by not allowing players to hold the club to ransom under the threat of leaving on a free. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Is there any doubt he been our best ever keeper? 

I'm 41, so can really just remember the latter days of grobbelaar, but in my memory, Allison is absolutely streets ahead of any other keeper we've had, certainly in my memory anyway. 

The save he made at Forrest at 1:26:

I’ve never seen a player laugh in the middle of the match in total disbelief at the keeper’s brilliance.

39 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

The save he made at Forrest at 1:26:

I’ve never seen a player laugh in the middle of the match in total disbelief at the keeper’s brilliance.

The funny thing is, even when a player is 1 on 1 with him. You're actually more suprised when it goes in as opposed to him saving it. That's how Good he is. 

I actually reckon that's partly the reason he saves so many 1v1's. The attackers know who they're up against, and pretty much shit their bags.