You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 4

niallers

G Richard a brilliant asset to the forum. 

King Emlyn also a great poster who I have enjoyed reading over the years. But you've had a shocker here pal. Totally uncalled for personal attack. Hope you can have the grace to reflect and apologise.

• Upvote 1

G Richard a brilliant asset to the forum. 

King Emlyn also a great poster who I have enjoyed reading over the years. But you've had a shocker here pal. Totally uncalled for personal attack. Hope you can have the grace to reflect and apologise.

This about sums things up. Nobody is perfect but at the same time nobody deserves to have a personal attack leveled at them.

It seems to be harder than ever to put in a proper challenge domestically and in europe....there is no question we need to add depth and quality to the squad to be able to do it... but if at the start of the season and certainly when Coutinho fucked off too someone said we'd only need to avoid defeat at home to Brighton in our last league game to secure a top 4 spot and we'd be in the european cup final i think we'd all say 'get in'

Get it right this summer and next year could be even better - it does feel like we are on the verge of something special though, but the nagging doubts will always remain until we actually get over the line...hopefully that happens really soon!

• Upvote 2

Where are all those I saw predicting we would finish 6th or 7th.

Probably in your imagination dockers! Where they’ve always been. Unless you’re digging out before the start of the season predictions.

I wouldn’t be counting our chickens yet anyway. It’s still possible for us to fuck this up and finish 5th. The players need to go in with the mentality of beating Brighton.

• Upvote 1

Probably in your imagination dockers! Where they’ve always been. Unless you’re digging out before the start of the season predictions.

I wouldn’t be counting our chickens yet anyway. It’s still possible for us to fuck this up and finish 5th. The players need to go in with the mentality of beating Brighton.

Don't have a go at the prick he'll be crying that people are picking on him again.

I don't think it was at all unreasonable for people to predict we would finish 6th....by same token it wasn't unreasonable to predict we would finish higher.

Klopp has defintely got us overachieving all in all and deserves huge credit especially for reaching the European Cup Final.

There are 6 teams who fancy top 4 and 1 of them is a long way ahead of the rest, 2 of them have more resources than us and the other 2 are largely very similar to us.

What we have is arguably a manager who is able to squeeze more out of what he has than maybe they should achieve.

Come on. There were a few predicting we would finish 6th or 7th at the end of the January window.

Neither am I saying top 4 is assured. It is not but we have a bit more breathing space now. Totally agree the players need to be thinking of winning.

Come on. There were a few predicting we would finish 6th or 7th at the end of the January window.

Neither am I saying top 4 is assured. It is not but we have a bit more breathing space now. Totally agree the players need to be thinking of winning.

I thought it was a pop at people saying we were going to bottle it and finish outside the top 4 recently (of which I’m one of!). I’m relatively positive most of the time though dockers. I wanted Coutinho replaced or not sold myself but by the end of the window I was on board. If Klopp thinks those type of things are the right decision then I’m happy to back him. He’s proved time and again now he’s got pretty good judgement in regards to this type of thing.

People can jump up and down crying about it but there was no chance of replacing with him with someone of similar quality we would want To keep long term and clearly Klopp didn’t want the harmony in the squad to be effected by not letting him go. We are in the champions league final so who are we to argue with him. I’m more bothered about his in game management at the moment though.

• Upvote 2

Massive boost with Chelsea's failure to win tonight, it's a big difference not having to win the last game even if we probably can't afford to lose it.

Definitely can't afford to lose! We should go all out to win and hope Spurs don't win. Finishing 3rd would at least mean not going into the qualifying stage next season (assuming we don't win the thing in a few weeks).

I thought it was a pop at people saying we were going to bottle it and finish outside the top 4 recently (of which I’m one of!). I’m relatively positive most of the time though dockers. I wanted Coutinho replaced or not sold myself but by the end of the window I was on board. If Klopp thinks those type of things are the right decision then I’m happy to back him. He’s proved time and again now he’s got pretty good judgement in regards to this type of thing.

People can jump up and down crying about it but there was no chance of replacing with him with someone of similar quality we would want To keep long term and clearly Klopp didn’t want the harmony in the squad to be effected by not letting him go. We are in the champions league final so who are we to argue with him. I’m more bothered about his in game management at the moment though.

I really do not get the negativity many seem to have. I have been following the team longer than I care to remember and yes we have some dull times but I honestly think things are a lot better than people think. Maybe it is just the way I am.

I hoped Coutinho would have stayed to the end of the season but the way I look at it is would we have got to the final if he had still been here. Maybe would maybe not. Fact is we are so I am not that bothered he is not here now. I think Klopp would have liked to replace him and he did try with Lemar but things just conspired against us. If he can get this Fekir on board I would be over the Moon.

Definitely can't afford to lose! We should go all out to win and hope Spurs don't win. Finishing 3rd would at least mean not going into the qualifying stage next season (assuming we don't win the thing in a few weeks).

top 4 go through automatically now mate

No qualifying stage either way so I struggle to get excited about finishing third.