You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Barca

1892-LFCWasBorn

Barcelona pair Leo Messi and Luis Suarez both called Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho ahead of last week's transfer drama.

Don Balon says Messi and Suarez were both desperate for the player to make the move to La Liga.

And, as a result of their eagerness to see Coutinho arrive, the two players reportedly inundated the Brazilian with phone calls throughout the summer.

It is said that Suarez, who spent three-and-a-half years at Liverpool, still has a good relationship with Coutinho.

But despite the attempts of both players, Coutinho ended up staying put.

Barcelona pair Leo Messi and Luis Suarez both called Liverpool midfielder Philippe Coutinho ahead of last week's transfer drama.

Don Balon says Messi and Suarez were both desperate for the player to make the move to La Liga.

And, as a result of their eagerness to see Coutinho arrive, the two players reportedly inundated the Brazilian with phone calls throughout the summer.

It is said that Suarez, who spent three-and-a-half years at Liverpool, still has a good relationship with Coutinho.

But despite the attempts of both players, Coutinho ended up staying put.

Suarez can go in the summer.

Barcelona have had their nose bloodied this summer. With the finances at PSG they slipped down from the summit as Neymar was taken from them. And I don't know the finances of the Neymar deal to Barcelona, but they ended up paying loads more for him than first reported. And then he left them at the drop of a hat to make more money with PSG.

So chastened by that experience Barcelona then came after us, practically demanding Coutinho. We held firm, as is our right - especially given the contract situation, the lack of a release clause, and the difficulty in closing deals for top players to replace him - and now Barcelona are reeling.

They've had one of their senior executives come out and say it's not club v club any more, and now they are competing with countries. Well, boo-hoo fella. It's how everyone else has felt up until now when you have come in for their best players. But the world is changing.

I expect Real Madrid to win the league at a canter, and so long as Atletico keep their hunger, Barcelona could even drop to third. Messi is not what he was either.

Meanwhile, we look full of promise. I would say Barcelona are still better, but we are on the up and they are on the slide, and I'd fancy our chances if we're going well and we get them in the knockout stages.

I want know why they are not being done for tapping up a player under contract.We,quite rightly,had to apologise,why shouldn't they.Its the same with Juve,with young Can,the've been at him for ages.About time the boss started kicking up.Not that the corrupt cunts would listen.

The wheels have been falling off at Barca slowly but surely the last few seasons which remind me of the Liverpool team late 80's early 90's.

Our own success was our biggest downfall. We couldn't replace the players and the managers that we had and the aura started to slip a little. Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Barnes, Whelan, Molby, Nicol, Hansen, Lawrenson and Grobelaar were all mainstays and important cogs in the wheel. We changed the Ferrari parts with Volkswagen spare parts expecting the same results and paid the price.

Barca have been the same. Casillas, Puyol, Xavi, Alves, Sanchez, Abidal were all important players and now Iniesta, Messi, Busquets, Mascherano and Suarez are all getting on, Neymar has left, Pique isn't all that and they are now where we were 25 years ago. The aura has slipped and the appeal just isn't what it used to be.

Neymar is a massive trouble maker and part of this new breed of player. Toxic influence who can't be trusted and you wouldn't want anywhere near your club. He will leave PSG when someone offers more money in a couple of years or if the Qatari government buy someone in a warmer climate. He isn't playing Ligue Un to test himself or for the challenge we all know that.

When you play with fire you are going to get burnt. Barca have found this out the hard way.

• Upvote 1

I would have added Rush above but I thought we did allright with Johnny Aldridge there. When Rushie came back we fucked that up royally if you ask me but Fowler was coming through then.

Obviously added things like no Europe for a few years, Hillsborough, the beginning of Premier League era and not capitalising on the marketing side of things also played a part so players in isolation may seem a bit simplistic but the point remains

Xavi was one of the best midfielders in the history of Football, I think losing him has had a bigger impact on Barcelona than some people think, while Messi took all the credit it was Xavi who made them tick.

Having said all that, I fucking hate the donkey battering cunts & I hope they go out of business.

'More than a club' my arse.

Barca are rapidly heading up my most hated club list. They easily win the title of most despicable foreign club. I've cut them some slack in the past because of the footballers they produced and the football they play, as well as putting a state-sponsored team like Real Madrid in their place. But enough is enough. They have taken the piss out of us for years. Every fucking time they like one of our players they tap them up and tell them to strike in order to force through a move on the cheap. They even had the temerity to thank Coutinho for making the effort to leave! They are an unbelievably arrogant club and I wish them nothing but misfortune. Messi is the only good thing left about that stinking club (I've even gone off Suarez) and I pray he leaves these cocksuckers soon. While I despise Real, I absolutely love Zidane and I hope he continues to keep these Catalonian cunts firmly in their box for years to come. Quite frankly, hala fucking Madrid.

I would have added Rush above but I thought we did allright with Johnny Aldridge there. When Rushie came back we fucked that up royally if you ask me but Fowler was coming through then.

Obviously added things like no Europe for a few years, Hillsborough, the beginning of Premier League era and not capitalising on the marketing side of things also played a part so players in isolation may seem a bit simplistic but the point remains

Rush came back in 88, Fowler didn't break through until 93 as a 17 year old! 

Rush came back in 88, Fowler didn't break through until 93 as a 17 year old!

And Rush stopped playing for us in 96 mate so we replaced one predator (Rush) with another (Fowler). That is why I didn't include him in the list with the others.

You could maybe argue we replaced Dalglish with Beardsley but that didn't last too long.

That is what I was getting at.

And Rush stopped playing for us in 96 mate so we replaced one predator (Rush) with another (Fowler). That is why I didn't include him in the list with the others.

You could maybe argue we replaced Dalglish with Beardsley but that didn't last too long.

That is what I was getting at.

Ah right, soz! 

I think when Dalglish retired and Rush moved, we shifted from a team who played through the middle, to Barnes, Aldridge and our creativity was in the wide areas. Possibly why Rush struggled as he did, Aldridge was better suited to that type of football.