You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dominic Solanke

They can ask what they want the Tribunal set the fee. We pYed 6.5m with 1.5m add ones and a 20% sell on for Ings, who was a PL regular with an England cap. Probably 6/7m with add ons.

And fees have inflated massively in the last 12 months dont forget. Wouldnt surprise me if it's a straight fee that the tribunal do award them £10m.

These things tend to be briefed to the journos long before it happens, and they are pretty well known to everyone before the player moves.  You think clubs would risk signing someone if there was a chance it was 2m and a chance it was 10m?

It will be marginally above 3m now that Chelsea have had a chance to get the 10m figure out there, but it will be much closer to 3 than 10.

These things tend to be briefed to the journos long before it happens, and they are pretty well known to everyone before the player moves.  You think clubs would risk signing someone if there was a chance it was 2m and a chance it was 10m?

It will be marginally above 3m now that Chelsea have had a chance to get the 10m figure out there, but it will be much closer to 3 than 10.

Really? I think with Ings costing what, £6m plus sell on, that a tribunal will use that as a starting figure then consider how much fees have been inflated by the tv income.

If chelsea are looking for straight cash with no sell on, I think they'll get £10m award. If they want a sell on clause, they'll probably get around £8m with 20% sell on.

Im not bothered if we do end up paying £10m for him though.

10m?

No chance....5 tops.

Kid has never even played a top flight game in England - not even a game at championship level.

Ings had over 100 games and 40 goals for Burnley including a full season in the top flight where he scored 11.

• Upvote 1

Well someone told me yesterday
That when you throw your love dosh away
You act as if you just don't care
You look as if you're going somewhere
But I just can't convince myself
I couldn't live with no one else
And I can only play that part
And sit and nurse my broken heart
Solanke
Solanke
Solanke
Solanke

It's worth refering to how the PFCC assess the compensation, and it's structure.

"PFCC hearings require each club to provide evidence to support their valuation of the player in question. In making its judgment the committee will take into account the costs of both clubs in operating a Football Academy or Centre of Excellence, as well as the age and playing record of the player, the length of time he was registered with his original club, the terms offered by both clubs, the status of the two clubs, the substantiated interest shown by other clubs in acquiring the registration of the player and any amounts paid by the original club to acquire the player in the first place.

Unlike FIFA’s formulaic approach which provides foreign clubs with a fixed tariff for compensation, this domestic process is said to provide the advantage of  allowing greater flexibility in setting the level of compensation according to the merits of each individual case.  The counter to that is that – unlike with the FIFA tariff – there is always inherent uncertainty, and this in my experience can work against players ; particularly lower down the Football League  where clubs often feel that they can not afford to carry the risk of uncertainty.  Or they may simply feel that the signing of a player governed by the PFCC regime is too complex.

In deciding on a compensation figure, it is not uncommon for the PFCC to set fees that build as the player becomes more established at first team level.   It has now become quite usual for clubs to receive a basic compensation fee with further payments becoming due on the player’s debut, following a certain numbers of first-team appearances and after international appearances. It is also usual for there to be a sell-on fee should the player be sold at a profit at any point in the future."

And also the terms of Ings compensation agreement.

"DANNY INGS

Danny Ings signed for Burnley as a 19 year old in the summer of 2011 after many years at Bournemouth.

It was reported that Burnley had paid a transfer fee in the region of £1 million.

Danny appeared 122 times for Burnley in the League, scoring 38 goals, with 11 of those goals coming in the 2014/15 season in the Premier League.

Signing for Liverpool in the summer of 2015 as a free agent, the PFCC would ultimately order Liverpool to pay Burnley an initial compensation fee of £6.5 million.

Additionally, Liverpool must pay up to £1.5 million based on further appearances and also 20% of any profit they make in the event that they sell the player to another club."

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It's worth refering to how the PFCC assess the compensation, and it's structure.

"PFCC hearings require each club to provide evidence to support their valuation of the player in question. In making its judgment the committee will take into account the costs of both clubs in operating a Football Academy or Centre of Excellence, as well as the age and playing record of the player, the length of time he was registered with his original club, the terms offered by both clubs, the status of the two clubs, the substantiated interest shown by other clubs in acquiring the registration of the player and any amounts paid by the original club to acquire the player in the first place.

Unlike FIFA’s formulaic approach which provides foreign clubs with a fixed tariff for compensation, this domestic process is said to provide the advantage of  allowing greater flexibility in setting the level of compensation according to the merits of each individual case.  The counter to that is that – unlike with the FIFA tariff – there is always inherent uncertainty, and this in my experience can work against players ; particularly lower down the Football League  where clubs often feel that they can not afford to carry the risk of uncertainty.  Or they may simply feel that the signing of a player governed by the PFCC regime is too complex.

In deciding on a compensation figure, it is not uncommon for the PFCC to set fees that build as the player becomes more established at first team level.   It has now become quite usual for clubs to receive a basic compensation fee with further payments becoming due on the player’s debut, following a certain numbers of first-team appearances and after international appearances. It is also usual for there to be a sell-on fee should the player be sold at a profit at any point in the future."

And also the terms of Ings compensation agreement.

"DANNY INGS

Danny Ings signed for Burnley as a 19 year old in the summer of 2011 after many years at Bournemouth.

It was reported that Burnley had paid a transfer fee in the region of £1 million.

Danny appeared 122 times for Burnley in the League, scoring 38 goals, with 11 of those goals coming in the 2014/15 season in the Premier League.

Signing for Liverpool in the summer of 2015 as a free agent, the PFCC would ultimately order Liverpool to pay Burnley an initial compensation fee of £6.5 million.

Additionally, Liverpool must pay up to £1.5 million based on further appearances and also 20% of any profit they make in the event that they sell the player to another club."

At least we wont have to pay any additional fees then

The question is how they handle inflation. Chelsea didn't pay anything for Solanke so consideration of a transfer fee is out of the window and Ings was more experienced than Solanke so you'd expect his fee to come in below Ings even with add ons.

If Chelsea could 'prove' that another club were willing to pay x amount then it could affect the value as could the increase in transfer fee's