You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I'm not counting Keita because it happens next year (there is no way we are handing over the money until next summer).

We seem to have spent around £40m net this summer. What a fucking joke.

£

35 Salah

35 Oxlaid

08 Robertson

03 Solanke

81m TOTAL

25 Sakho

07 Leiva

05 Stewart

02 Wisdom

06 Origi

45m TOTAL

I'm not counting Keita because it happens next year (there is no way we are handing over the money until next summer).

We seem to have spent around £40m net this summer. What a fucking joke.

£

35 Salah

35 Oxlaid

08 Robertson

03 Solanke

81m TOTAL

25 Sakho

07 Leiva

05 Stewart

02 Wisdom

06 Origi

45m TOTAL

Who did Sakho go to?

• Downvote 1

What would you have done differently? Serious question.

I would have gone to southampton in june for a start and enquired what amount it would take to take Van Dijk off their hands.

I would have kept talks witb the player out of the public eye and more importantly i would not in any circumstance have briefed every newspaper in the country how the player had chosen us over everyone else, when we hadnt even talked to the players club......

Thats just for starters.....

• Upvote 3

Keita's the only thing that throws a spanner in the theory but there's a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that this advertised crazy transfer splurge that's failed to happen was just a way to placate the fans about Oxlade Chamberlain being our marquee signing.

Oh well, we soldier on with our rickety defense.

So the answer to what a world class operator should have done is buy somebody the manager didn’t want. Cracking. If you’re stuck between a club that won’t sell and a manager that doesn’t want a different player, there’s little you can do.

Surely you have to make things as strong as you can - so yeah VVD is of course the ideal...that can't happen then you say OK one injury to Matip or Lovren and it is possibly Klavan and or Gomez playing in big CL and PL games.....Can that be improved upon? Is that good enough?

I think it is fair to say the answer would be yes it can and no it isn't good enough - so you go out and upgrade.

• Upvote 1

Surely you have to make things as strong as you can - so yeah VVD is of course the ideal...that can't happen then you say OK one injury to Matip or Lovren and it is possibly Klavan and or Gomez playing in big CL and PL games.....Can that be improved upon? Is that good enough?

I think it is fair to say the answer would be yes it can and no it isn't good enough - so you go out and upgrade.

Then that’s on Klopp. He doesn’t want Plan b. He has been very clear about that.