You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

Not an easy act to follow is Raylan Givens.

Do you remember when Fugitive claimed he would take loads of photos in Spain for the forum?

Well, if I buy the hat(getting the hat means I get to buy the cowboy boots, I don't care what the accountant says), I will spend the summer swaggering about parks living up to Fug's promise.

I didn't realise he only fought Bradley last year, i thought it was longer. I guess he's still in the mix then, but i'd rather see him go down to 140 and fight Lomachenko.

I had Thurman winning by a couple of rounds in the end. Yeah agreed, it was a great fight.

Lomachenko is an a very hot division, I think he should camp out there. Beat Salido, face the winner of Muira-Belchet, then ice Davis next year. Maybe rumble with Garcia, or Crawford if that is there for him next year, but I think there is a lot to be said for being the main in a legitimately good division.

Do you remember when Fugitive claimed he would take loads of photos in Spain for the forum?

Well, if I buy the hat(getting the hat means I get to buy the cowboy boots, I don't care what the accountant says), I will spend the summer swaggering about parks living up to Fug's promise.

Haha I remember when Fuge said that. Proper bailed on us and let us down with that one. Don't remember seeing one pic. Was it Ibiza he said he would do it?

Haha I remember when Fuge said that. Proper bailed on us and let us down with that one. Don't remember seeing one pic. Was it Ibiza he said he would do it?

Indeed it was.

If I had been successful in my many attemps to impeach Dave, I would have held the cheeky cunt to account.

• Upvote 1

Career ender that. Must be made from Teflon Steve Bunce.

BTW he's a rubbish pundit, glorified car salesman.

I used to think he was a twat. One of the first things I did when I signed up to Twitter was get myself blocked by him. I think I've said before on here though that my opinion of him has gradually changed over the last few years and after watching that last night he's now one of my favourite people on TV.

I used to think he was a twat. One of the first things I did when I signed up to Twitter was get myself blocked by him. I think I've said before on here though that my opinion of him has gradually changed over the last few years and after watching that last night he's now one of my favourite people on TV.

If he told me it was raining outside I'd go and check. How did he even end up a boxing pundit? surely his background is in selling double glazing.

If he told me it was raining outside I'd go and check. How did he even end up a boxing pundit? surely his background is in selling double glazing.

Not too sure, mate. Think he's been a boxing journo for years and landed telly and radio gigs that way. To be fair to him, when he scores fights he's normally a lot less biased than the pundits on Sky.

You don't even need to know a lot about boxing to be a journo it seems. I used to know a young disabled lad in Liverpool who knew much less about the sport than me and I'm clueless really. He just started writing little generic articles online, putting forward no opinions of his own and just stating the obvious. His writing style hasn't changed much and I read the other week that he's now one of the main boxing reporters for The Echo.

Not too sure, mate. Think he's been a boxing journo for years and landed telly and radio gigs that way. To be fair to him, when he scores fights he's normally a lot less biased than the pundits on Sky.

You don't even need to know a lot about boxing to be a journo it seems. I used to know a young disabled lad in Liverpool who knew much less about the sport than me and I'm clueless really. He just started writing little generic articles online, putting forward no opinions of his own and just stating the obvious. His writing style hasn't changed much and I read the other week that he's now one of the main boxing reporters for The Echo.

Fuck the taxi driving mate, write a few blogs and you'll be on boxnation in a few months.

Fuck the taxi driving mate, write a few blogs and you'll be on boxnation in a few months.

Ha, I got one about Amir Khan published on a shit boxing site years ago and the fella was telling me he could sort me a press pass for some fight (can't remember which one now) in America. Funnily enough nothing came of it.

I wrote the article at about 4am after I'd been drinking and taking speed all day. If that doesn't reinforce my point, nothing will.

• Upvote 1

Sauerland is a strange cunt, constantly licking his lips.

He's probably the biggest coke head in boxing, that's why haha.

Can you believe Dave Allen Vs Lenroy Thomas was the 3rd to last fight on a Sky Sports PPV?  Hopefully this little obsession with Dave Allen is over now the fucking fat bum.

I was half made up for Groves which felt weird, the Brook / Spence fight was boss but I can't believe Brook quit, dress it up however you want but he quit defending his world title, in front of his own fans.

Nice one Byrnie,just backed him to win went for the safe option made a few pound.

Fair play Dickie

I thought he'd be a bigger price. Bookies do normally get influenced by the sky pundits in the lead up to the sky bouts.

Think it's harsh to say he just quit. It was evidently more then that. It happened in the 6th or 7th round and he continued valiantly until the 11th, nearly edging it his way a couple of times. This "go to the death" bullshit people like Bellew spout is bollocks. It's a sport, not a fight to the death. Taking respect and admiration from someone who puts himself through what Brook did on Saturday is shite and I believe 99.9% of the people saying it, boxers and ex pros included, would have got no further either.

• Upvote 2

Fair play Dickie

I thought he'd be a bigger price. Bookies do normally get influenced by the sky pundits in the lead up to the sky bouts.

Well, British punters get influenced by the Sky pundits, which in turn influences the bookies. 

We're (LFC) actually probably the only thing that comes close when it comes to our price often being wildly inaccurate due to our own fans lumping on so much.