You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2017

Captain Turdseye

Eddie hearn earlier on was talking and giving David Allen quite a lot of shit.

I don't know if I've ever heard a promoter be as cruel about one of his own fighters.

Allen comes across a good bloke but I get the impression that he's not very dedicated to the sport, which by the looks of it is massively pissing off Fast Eddie. Allen won't get a better chance of a belt than last night.

What a great fight that was. Gutted for brook, but the people criticising him for stopping are fucking dick heads, plain and simple. The man broke his eye socket last fight and suffered the same fate again, but boxed on for 3-4 rounds. I hope with all my heart that he gets the khan fight and absolutely demolishes the cunt. I also hope haye bellew rematch happens because I'm desperate to see that prick get battered too.

The atmosphere was not bad to be fair. Was completely embarrassed at the dick heads chanting England through the minute silence. Absolutely disgusting. Loads of people sniffing beak everywhere, which you'd expect, and a couple of scuffles in the stands to top it off. Oh yeah, booing the national anthem is so English and small time too.

First foray into big event boxing last night and aside from the result being shit, was a bit disappointed after how much I was looking forward to it.

What a great fight that was. Gutted for brook, but the people criticising him for stopping are fucking dick heads, plain and simple. The man broke his eye socket last fight and suffered the same fate again, but boxed on for 3-4 rounds. I hope with all my heart that he gets the khan fight and absolutely demolishes the cunt. I also hope haye bellew rematch happens because I'm desperate to see that prick get battered too.

The atmosphere was not bad to be fair. Was completely embarrassed at the dick heads chanting England through the minute silence. Absolutely disgusting. Loads of people sniffing beak everywhere, which you'd expect, and a couple of scuffles in the stands to top it off. Oh yeah, booing the national anthem is so English and small time too.

First foray into big event boxing last night and aside from the result being shit, was a bit disappointed after how much I was looking forward to it.

Nice, mate, did you go with mates? Did Sheffield rinse you when buying drinks? Get a photo with anybody from that Ingle gym?

Nice, mate, did you go with mates? Did Sheffield rinse you when buying drinks? Get a photo with anybody from that Ingle gym?

Yeah, there was 4 of us. Got a picture of me and a mate in front of the sky bit with all them lot behind, but I'm not one for asking for pictures. Plenty about like. At one point Khan was getting swilled with plastic cups and loads were kicking off on bellew after the fight too.

Was good to see God's cousin in his first pro fight too, even though it was quick and he apologised for not listening to any of Coldwell's instructions!

Haha, class. I bet Khan is proper BBC, pretending not to notice, with Bellew offering people out to Otterspool.

I have been told a couple of times, that despite glorious lineage, that Anthony Fowler is meant to be a bit of an arsehole.

I'm not trying to sound shitty, here, but I thought the atmosphere was strangely respectful. Ordinarily, when a British fighter gets it on with someone who is world class, it's rabid, and the other guy says he's never heard anything like it.

Tonight it seemed more like everybody came to see a great fight and were happy to just enjoy it. I wasn't there, so maybe I'm wrong?

I think that's one of the reasons I was a bit disappointed mate. Was keen to soak up and experience a real partisan atmosphere, but truth be told, the die hard Sheffield fans were in the stand opposite their Kop, which was empty, and there were loads of fans round us that didn't really sing or shout. It was pockets here and there.

Whats the consensus on Brook now? Obviously a good fighter but is he a tad over rated. Shawn Porter is the only big name on his record but in the same respect he's lost to GGG (Which was always an impossible task) and Spence who could go on to be a welterweight king.

That GGG fight was surely a disaster for his career.  Can't be a coincidence he requires eye surgery again after his very next fight, even if it is the other socket.

Don't buy the quitting stuff myself.  Having that happen for the second time and carrying on for 4 rounds, plus coming through a torrid 10th, showed plenty of heart, as did getting in with Golovkin on a suicide mission.

• Upvote 1

I used to work with a bloke who was a full on Brook superfan. Used to argue with him all the time about how good he really was. I haven't seen him since before the Brook/Golovkin fight (he was predicting a Brook win) but as luck would have it I just bumped into his missus at the park.

"Make sure you let Neil know that I said his boy Kell is nothin' but a big quitter"

• Upvote 1

Whats the consensus on Brook now? Obviously a good fighter but is he a tad over rated. Shawn Porter is the only big name on his record but in the same respect he's lost to GGG (Which was always an impossible task) and Spence who could go on to be a welterweight king.

I think Manny is the best Welterweight in the world, and the rest of the pack can all beat each other on any given any night.

Brook just told an entire division of killers, that if the ref doesn't stop the fight, or his corner doesn't stop it, he will quit going down the stretch of a very difficult fight. That means, he cannot be a Welterweight anymore, unless it's Khan at Wembley. I reckon he can still be a titilist and make a nice living there at light-middle, but the game is over at 147lbs.

I would probably favour Spence against Thurman, but then I thought Porter beat Thurman.

I think Manny is the best Welterweight in the world, and the rest of the pack can all beat each other on any given any night.

Brook just told an entire division of killers, that if the ref doesn't stop the fight, or his corner doesn't stop it, he will quit going down the stretch of a very difficult fight. That means, he cannot be a Welterweight anymore, unless it's Khan at Wembley. I reckon he can still be a titilist and make a nice living there at light-middle, but the game is over at 147lbs.

I would probably favour Spence against Thurman, but then I thought Porter beat Thurman.

It's a stacked division but there is no stand out fighter that is head and shoulders above the rest. Mannys days are numbered, so I think the winner of Spence/Thurman would be justifiably no1 in the division, unless Manny gets into the mix and fights the winner.

I agree with you about Manny. It's this weird paradox; he's well past his prime, he only fights part time, he's small at the weight, but he's still the man. It's not even his full-time job anymore, he's a sitting Senator and going to be the President of the Philippines, and occasionally he goes into the ring and kicks top 10 contenders ass.

I think Spence and Thurman are chief behind him, but the enormous size of them, means they are destined for light middleweight sooner rather than later. Would be nice if Terence Crawford could move up and get himself in the mix.

I agree with you about Manny. It's this weird paradox; he's well past his prime, he only fights part time, he's small at the weight, but he's still the man. It's not even his full-time job anymore, he's a sitting Senator and going to be the President of the Philippines, and occasionally he goes into the ring and kicks top 10 contenders ass.

I think Spence and Thurman are chief behind him, but the enormous size of them, means they are destined for light middleweight sooner rather than later. Would be nice if Terence Crawford could move up and get himself in the mix.

Is a Crawford fight with Mikey Garcia or Lomachenko (Probably a bit too small) not the cards?

Manny isn't top of the Welterweight tree anymore (as much as i love him). He struggled to beat Vargas and he hasn't had a legit win against any of the top dogs for quite a few years. It's Thurman followed by Spence followed by Crawford if he moves up. Throw Garcia back into the mix as well and that's the new welterweight Fabulous four.

Manny isn't top of the Welterweight tree anymore (as much as i love him). He struggled to beat Vargas and he hasn't had a legit win against any of the top dogs for quite a few years. It's Thurman followed by Spence followed by Crawford if he moves up. Throw Garcia back into the mix as well and that's the new welterweight Fabulous four.

Vargas and Bradley are both top 10 contenders and he knocked 'em off fairly easily.

How did you score Thurman-Porter? I had Porter by a point, in an excellent fight.

Is a Crawford fight with Mikey Garcia or Lomachenko (Probably a bit too small) not the cards?

There is a lot of talk that Mike Garcia and Broner will get it on July 29 at light-Welterweight.

That would be ideal for me, I have been looking at this hat, but it cost £120:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=justified+raylan+hat&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNjZvslpPUAhVnJMAKHbYyCeUQ_AUICigC&biw=1280&bih=800#imgrc=v6RMAo8WIEld-M:

I can easily pick that up when Garcia makes Broner look like an idiot.

Vargas and Bradley are both top 10 contenders and he knocked 'em off fairly easily.

How did you score Thurman-Porter? I had Porter by a point, in an excellent fight.

I didn't realise he only fought Bradley last year, i thought it was longer. I guess he's still in the mix then, but i'd rather see him go down to 140 and fight Lomachenko.

I had Thurman winning by a couple of rounds in the end. Yeah agreed, it was a great fight.

There is a lot of talk that Mike Garcia and Broner will get it on July 29 at light-Welterweight.

That would be ideal for me, I have been looking at this hat, but it cost £120:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=justified+raylan+hat&client=tablet-android-samsung&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNjZvslpPUAhVnJMAKHbYyCeUQ_AUICigC&biw=1280&bih=800#imgrc=v6RMAo8WIEld-M:

I can easily pick that up when Garcia makes Broner look like an idiot.

Not an easy act to follow is Raylan Givens.