You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Im sick of the fans getting the blame for Karius's repeated incompetence.

I went to all 4 of the local friendlies and he was given a very good reception from us reds at all of them, just like he was after the final whistle in Kiev.

Its a shame for him the way it has all turned out but he has to take ownership of his own performances and ultimately it is only him that can do anything about it.

Either way stop using the actions of a few internet warriors to tarnish all fans with the same brush as it's well wide of the mark.

Sent from my LG-M250 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

That's beyond harsh. He stood in front of supporters apologizing and crying his eyes out after the final. He didn't hide and took responsibility. You have no idea what you're talking about with this narcissism crap. He has absolutely no need to bow to the cunts on social media who wish him harm. 

I've no interest in whether he was sorry for us or himself. Fact is he is in his way out and for that I'm grateful if still somewhat pissed with Klopp for not facing the fact his gamble had gone wrong a year earlier, 

his confidence is shot that stood out like a sore thumb last night  to top that with he knows he will be on the bench from the end of the month won't help that,As for the whole social media bullshit to me no human being deserves that level of abuse death threats etc im disgusted that those that call themselfs supporters would stoop to such low levels.Yes he has been poor but we have a new no1 keeper coming in so why carry on the absolute fucking assassination on a personal level its really not called for.Yeah say he is shit but threats on his life and his family are out of order....whatever happened to YNWA or does that just apply to those that are right on top of there game or is it down to the price tag ?  

Of course it’s permitted, it’s just verifiably incorrect.

I agree with you on most things Numero but not this one. I’m exaggerating when I say Karius didn’t pull off any saves. He obviously did and some were okay. In the vast majority of his matches he wasn’t tested though. The defence was more solid than it had been in a long time and the success we got in the second half of the season was down to that for me. I was happy enough with Karius before the final and happy to overlook some fuck ups he had made because I had done similar with Mignolet and we were on a roll as a team.

For me in the end though he’s made bigger fuck ups than Mignolet and hasn’t made anywhere near the amount of saves or looked anywhere near as good as him when they’ve both been at their best for us. When you add in the fact that Mignolet is a dignified person and Karius is a complete weapon it’s no surprise to me to see who’s crying on social media again. He needs fucking off and not just for the final.

I agree with you on most things Numero but not this one. I’m exaggerating when I say Karius didn’t pull off any saves. He obviously did and some were okay. In the vast majority of his matches he wasn’t tested though. The defence was more solid than it had been in a long time and the success we got in the second half of the season was down to that for me. I was happy enough with Karius before the final and happy to overlook some fuck ups he had made because I had done similar with Mignolet and we were on a roll as a team.

For me in the end though he’s made bigger fuck ups than Mignolet and hasn’t made anywhere near the amount of saves or looked anywhere near as good as him when they’ve both been at their best for us. When you add in the fact that Mignolet is a dignified person and Karius is a complete weapon it’s no surprise to me to see who’s crying on social media again. He needs fucking off and not just for the final.

I think he needs fucking off, too. The further away he fucks off to, the better. But it wasn’t all down to VVD that he improved and did well last season. He wasn’t blow-you-away amazing but he did well. For me, there’s no need to take credit away from him.

• Upvote 1

While it’s obviously a bit subjective as to who you think is the better all round keeper, I think it’s pretty much a verifiable fact that Karius saved a lot more shots than

Mignolet.

Somewhere on an Alisson thread there was a post with goals conceded per shot percentage. Mig’s is bad, Karius about league average.

Mig has been one of the worst in premier league for saving shots for years too.

• Upvote 1

It’s very telling that most people are more upset by what he’s doing on fucking Instagram than anything else.

Telling how? I’ve no idea what’s happening on Instagram or what new thing he has released, but I think it’s less of a concern about Instagram and more irritation at his lack of professionalism.

Genuinely think he's too good-looking/boring to be a top keeper at this level. All the greatest keepers were generally crazy bastards with a face like the back of a bus. He's a swimsuit model who spends half his life on Insta posting vapid selfies.

Was saying to my mate after the final the solution was for him to go all Colonel Kurtz, shave his head and go to an isolated cabin in the woods chopping down trees for the summer.

Never likely to happen.

• Upvote 2

I thought he was shit since pretty much the first time I ever saw him play in the pre-season he signed and I was probably one of his biggest critics in the first year and a half he was here, but even I have to admit that he was looking much better in the second half of last season to the point where you were starting to question whether we needed a new keeper or not. But there was still always a feeling that, despite his improvement, he was "getting away with it" a bit. 

I thought he was shit since pretty much the first time I ever saw him play in the pre-season he signed and I was probably one of his biggest critics in the first year and a half he was here, but even I have to admit that he was looking much better in the second half of last season to the point where you were starting to question whether we needed a new keeper or not. But there was still always a feeling that, despite his improvement, he was "getting away with it" a bit.

Yea most people did and wrote him off then. In his firs pre season when the alternative was Mignolet who is the worst shot stopper to ever start regularly for the club and has no other redeemable qualities.

• Upvote 1

I think he was alright when he came into the team in the second half of last season up until the final. Made a couple of good saves in the Derby and against Newcastle. I don't remember any glaring errors up until the final. Not that I ever thought he was going to be good enough by the way.

Mig had got to the point where he didn't make glaring mistakes, but the first shot on target was always going in, he was a ghost keeper. Karius made a fair few decent saves in the second half of the season, and though VVD's presence helped, you could just as easily ascribe the solidity of the defence to the fact they were playing in front of a keeper who could handle the high line they employed. Karius, for all his flaws, would take instruction from VVD and come out of his area into the space; Mig would've retreated to between the sticks and given up far more chances to opposing strikers because of it.

Ultimately, neither are good enough for first choice here.

• Upvote 1