You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Obviously getting dogs abuse sent directly to you is pretty shite and if you’re one of the people doing it then you’re a gobshite. Also, Karius didn’t intentionally have the worst game a professional goalkeeper has ever had in a major final, costing his (our) club the biggest trophy in world football. It happens. It’s shit, but it happens.

But where I do get a bit pissed off is with his tone-deaf holiday video of him swimming in the Hollywood hills in a plush pad. Fans will have spent their life savings to get to Kiev, and him posting that video so soon after a devastating Cup final loss is crass at best. It showed a total lack of understanding of what being a fan is. He should parked his social media until at last after the following season has started. He’s brought some of the gobshites on himself.

Also, “death threats” are not when people tell you they want you to die. Death threats are when someone threatens you with death. I.e. says they’ll kill you. Too many fannies these days saying they get death threats when in fact the people are just looking forward to their deaths as opposed to wanting them to die - which is grand, I think?

He didn’t cost us the champions league either, neither did Ramos. Not having any squad to speak of done that to us.

I don’t agree with that at all. You could have a great squad but suffer bad injuries. We lost our most important player during the game you smode tackle, having lost a player in top form only a few weeks before too. On top of that, our goalie literally threw the ball into his own net twice.

Obviously we would have preferred a better squad and I said at the time I thought we’d got to the final a year early, but on the day Karius and Ramos absolutely massively cost us that game more than any other moments.

Can we honestly characterise anything said on Twitter as a death threat? Some shite from reddave86 isn't exactly getting a bullet in the post.

Exactly my point. If anything I think “I’m getting death threats” is a go-to position nowadays.

I don’t agree with that at all. You could have a great squad but suffer bad injuries. We lost our most important player during the game you smode tackle, having lost a player in top form only a few weeks before too. On top of that, our goalie literally threw the ball into his own net twice.

Obviously we would have preferred a better squad and I said at the time I thought we’d got to the final a year early, but on the day Karius and Ramos absolutely massively cost us that game more than any other moments.

Playing with ten men when salah went off will always be the biggest factor for me.

Does anybody believe he’s not giving the ok before videos like that are taken and uploaded?

Oh, sure. What I meant was more in reference to him recieving death threats via the Twatter. When actually a corporate account managed by several people recieves these threats and he will most likely not have read them himself. Maybe he was told the gist of it.

Can we honestly characterise anything said on Twitter as a death threat? Some shite from reddave86 isn't exactly getting a bullet in the post.

Surely people react to things in different ways? I'm not comfortable with telling somebody to 'man up' or 'grow up' as some have suggested. Surely the way society has begun to understand mental health a lot better in recent years has taught us that?

Surely people react to things in different ways? I'm not comfortable with telling somebody to 'man up' or 'grow up' as some have suggested. Surely the way society has begun to understand mental health a lot better in recent years has taught us that?

I'm talking more about how the outside world portrays it, notably the media. 'Goalkeeper receives death threats following final blunder' probably isn't quite accurate for my money if it's just some shitstains on social media.
  • Upvote 1

even if all of the above is true (i personally find it a bit melodramatic but maybe i'm talking rubbish), i still don't really care. It doesn't really upset me that the millionaire playboy model is a bit upset for a while. his life is going to be an absolute bed of roses compared to 99% of the poor fuckers with the misfortune of inhabiting this planet.

• Upvote 2

A cursory glance at social media will tell you that it's full of cranks and psychos, and you're a special target if you're in any way famous.

Rule of thumb - if you don't want abuse make your twitter feed/Facebook account private. Otherwise, buckle up.

Abuse isn’t diminished just because it comes from an anonymous source online. Nobody here knows what it’s like to be exposed to the public on that level. It can still have a psychological effect and cause lasting trauma

Honestly, he asked for it when he made a fucking instagram or twatter or whatever account

Zero sympathy whatsoever for someone taking abuse on Social media.  Deal with it, or close the account.

Abuse isn’t diminished just because it comes from an anonymous source online. Nobody here knows what it’s like to be exposed to the public on that level. It can still have a psychological effect and cause lasting trauma

I agree completely, but I just think there's a big difference between a Twitter post and a genuine death threat