You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby 20-April-2016

What is that, exactly? I'd imagine it's the side he picked v Dortmund at home... Personally, I think Sturridge will be back on the bench for this one. There's no way Daniel is playing two games a week from now on and in. Starting him at a frantic pace here might not be the smartest idea. I think he'll start on Saturday against Newcastle, and be back on the bench against Villareal, then start vs Swansea. Origi will start against Everton and Villareal. That rythm will be kept for a while with Firmino acting as the 2nd striker. Can only see Divock and Daniel starting if we're chasing a big Villareal lead in the return leg.

I think we'll go:

-----------------------------Mignolet----------------------

Clyne----------Lovren-----------Sakho-------Moreno

-------------------Lucas--------Allen---------------------

----Lallana------------Firmino-------------Coutinho--

--------------------------Origi-----------------------------

with the diamond as an option in terms of formation (Lucas DM, Firmino/Origi up top). I'd actually prefer that, as Lucas Allen are better in those roles than in a tandem. Anyway, that front four should have enough for an Everton defence without Jagielka and Coleman

Bench:

Ward

Smith

Toure

Stewart

Ojo

Ibe

Sturridge

I don't know, whatever he thinks his strongest side is? I don't want him experimenting which I get the feeling he's now doing with the League for the rest of the season.

I really hope we win handsomely. For some reason I just don't like them. I remember a very good Everton side in the 80s, and the rivalry between fans seemed a lot more friendly. Since they've not won a thing since 1995 they've just grown in bitterness. I understand how most fans can be biased, but they take the biscuit. And there's a nasty streak among their fan base that is never too far from spewing over. I can't be doing with them.

Hopefully we put in one of our good performances, with intensity, and really pile on some humiliation for them. They will be fewmin but won't go full Orc until Man Utd beat them in the cup semi. Martinez will be gone and then they'll have a reality check as to their standing when most decent managers won't want to know. They will end up bringing Moyes back and pretending that was the plan all along.

Origi hat-trick as we go with Sturridge and Origi up top. Daniel to get his goal too, and one of our attacking midfielders to add a fifth.

Come on you red men. Make it so!

The least anticipated Derby in living memory. Three points makes little material difference in the league to either side, they have the FA Cup in their sights, we have Euro glory.

I predict a routine Red victory against a below strength and uncommitted Everton, and a game which is quickly forgotten.

What is that, exactly? I'd imagine it's the side he picked v Dortmund at home... Personally, I think Sturridge will be back on the bench for this one. There's no way Daniel is playing two games a week from now on and in. Starting him at a frantic pace here might not be the smartest idea. I think he'll start on Saturday against Newcastle, and be back on the bench against Villareal, then start vs Swansea. Origi will start against Everton and Villareal. That rythm will be kept for a while with Firmino acting as the 2nd striker. Can only see Divock and Daniel starting if we're chasing a big Villareal lead in the return leg.

I think we'll go:

-----------------------------Mignolet----------------------

Clyne----------Lovren-----------Sakho-------Moreno

-------------------Lucas--------Allen---------------------

----Lallana------------Firmino-------------Coutinho--

--------------------------Origi-----------------------------

with the diamond as an option in terms of formation (Lucas DM, Firmino/Origi up top). I'd actually prefer that, as Lucas Allen are better in those roles than in a tandem. Anyway, that front four should have enough for an Everton defence without Jagielka and Coleman

Bench:

Ward

Smith

Toure

Stewart

Ojo

Ibe

Sturridge

klopp said he won't treat sturridge like an orange and squeeze all the juice out of him so hes probably on the bench tonight.

We will fuck them. Form doesn't go out of the window for these games

They haven't beaten us in 10 years at Anfield. They won't tonight either

Up the fucking reds

The last time the Blues won at Anfield was in a fiery 1999 fixture when Sander Westerveld, Steven Gerrard and Francis Jeffers were all sent off as Kevin Campbell's early goal proved decisive in a 1-0 final. There have been occasions in the years since when Everton have gone into the Anfield derby really fancying their chances, only to completely fall flat under the weight of expectation.

The last time the Blues won at Anfield was in a fiery 1999 fixture when Sander Westerveld, Steven Gerrard and Francis Jeffers were all sent off as Kevin Campbell's early goal proved decisive in a 1-0 final. There have been occasions in the years since when Everton have gone into the Anfield derby really fancying their chances, only to completely fall flat under the weight of expectation.

Steve Staunton put in a decent shift in goal after Westerveld's dismissal. Made one great save.

Gerrard's two-footed flying kick was pretty impressive too.

Steve Staunton put in a decent shift in goal after Westerveld's dismissal. Made one great save.

Gerrard's two-footed flying kick was pretty impressive too.

I remember signing staunton for us on fifa or pro evo after he had that great season playing sweeper for villa. There was some kind of glitch in his program that meant be ran like a crab from side to side. That and him missing a pen against celtic in dubai are my abiding memories of him.

As it's derby day and Everton are once again in the fa cup semi final this deserves another airing, always brings tears to my eyes

https://youtu.be/W9-slwuoj9g

Glorious. I was going to turn it off as it was making me physically cringe, but then out of curiosity thought I'd see how long it took for us to get a mention in such a beautiful paen to their ginger maestro.

1:40.

10 years, 17 years. Fuck 'em.