You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Derby 20-April-2016

Everytime I warm to Klopp he makes some strange decisions, what Allen has to do to get a run of games I don't know.I would have started Sturridge as we should be dominating this game and we need his quality rather than Origis pressing.

Agree to a degree on Allen. Maybe Klopp thinks we need some more dedicated defensive players today, with Can out. In that case it was either Stewart or Lucas, as I'm sure Klopp doesn't really rate Allen at DM, but further up the field (which is right imo). For all his work-ethic and ability to play several positions, I don't think DM is the role best suited to Milner either.

There's no way Sturridge should be starting this one though, only sensible decision to leave him to have an impact from the bench as the game has slowed down. As I said earlier in the thread, I think Divock will play the midweek games, and Daniel will play the weekends from now on.

Milner - Lucas is a ghastly midfield.

I'm hoping it's

--------------Lucas---------------

-----Milner--------Lallana-----

----------Coutinho--------------

------Firmino--------------------

--------------------Origi---------

as I think Lucas does his best work when he's the deeper controller rather than him and Allen (or earlier Gerrard) running in the way of each other. The three furthest up the field to interchange positions, but with Origi as the one starting our pressing.

Really starting to look like Origi is first choice these days

Which he should be. He gives us so much more in terms of occupying defenders and winning the ball back. 

People can point to Sturridge's goal return as much as they want. It's the team that matters. Funny thing is, people claiming Benteke's goal return was insignificant as he hindered the team's play can't see that Sturridge is doing the same thing (in a slightly different matter of course). Think we might see periods of both playing together during the run-in, but not from the start of games. Origi will start both EL games, Daniel won't.

Yep, thinking about it we probably do need Origis pressing with that midfield selection.I was always pissed off at Rodgers for not getting rid of Lucas and I'm starting to worry that he will still be here next season.

Yeah, why would we want a model professional who always gives 100 pct and cares deeply at the club. Get him out of here sharpish!

Mostly kidding, as even if I like/love Lucas his legs are making it harder and harder for him to get playing time. I think he'll get one more year before being phased out though, and (like Kolo) I think he contributes to the good mood of the team/squad that we're seeing more and more of.

People can point to Sturridge's goal return as much as they want. It's the team that matters. Funny thing is, people claiming Benteke's goal return was insignificant as he hindered the team's play can't see that Sturridge is doing the same thing (in a slightly different matter of course).

We have scored 15 goals in his 5 starts back.