You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (a)

Hand Shandy

He can say what he likes. There is video evidence of his knee actually clipping Benteke's foot. The argument over whether that amount of contact is enough to bring a fully grown man to ground is another matter, although the fact he was running near full pace means that far less is required to sufficiently affect the offended player's balance. 

Could any stattos out there compare the number of times we've come back from a goal down under Klopp to our time under Brenda? I know it's anecdotal, but I no longer give up the moment the opposition scores, we do actually have a teeny amount of fight in us these days. Can't wait for Klopp to get some big mean bastards into this team, next season should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

Nod to Hendo for the penalty scream.  It makes a difference; I've seen it many times.

That said, he was bang average again and is starting to worry me.

Steven Gerrard would be more effective, surely....?

Eh. Um. Oh. Eh.

Scoring one penalty doesn't mean he has suddenly developed positional sense and some kind of work rate. 

Unless this spurs him on to "try" running a bit more. Which to be fair to him is maybe a bit much to expect from someone who is supposed to be a professional athlete who earns millions of pounds. 

uNyfYwr.gif

large.jpg

Fucking dislike this prick, hate crystal palace the clogging fucks and their knobhead fans.

So to go down to ten men, be losing the game, have their keeper fuck up then get a penalty as almost the last kick, grab three points and piss him off and their neanderthal fans. Well it's priceless.

• Upvote 2

If you foul someone late on in a game then it shouldn't be a foul. Because it's, er, late on in the game.

Can you imagine? It'd be one of the ultimate acts of corruption, a ref not making a decision because it's late in the game and would seem a bit harsh to deny one of the teams a point, well deserved or otherwise. WTF are people on?

Palace's problem is the massive inferiority complex they have, compounded no doubt by the 9-0 thrashing we handed out to them a quarter of a century ago - a match so notable it has its own Wikipedia article - and for which they are in a perpetual state of vengeance. The upshot is that they come across as a Croydon-based Everton FC tribute act.

• Upvote 2

I've mentioned this before, my mate is a Palace season ticket holder and invited me to the Sunderland game a few weeks ago.

All the way through the game there was a fella singing "Who put the ball in the Scouser's net....super Alan Pardew". That semi final is literally the greatest thing that had happened to that club. As SD says, that 9-0 scarred them for life.

• Upvote 1

Palace's problem is the massive inferiority complex they have, compounded no doubt by the 9-0 thrashing we handed out to them a quarter of a century ago - a match so notable it has its own Wikipedia article - and for which they are in a perpetual state of vengeance. The upshot is that they come across as a Croydon-based Everton FC tribute act.

Their problem is that Parish and Pardew were hailing a new dawn after they got £50 million from a couple of Yanks back in December to improve the Stadium and build for their long term PL future. That on the back of a a decent showing in the league and a good season in 2014/15 sounded too much like "we've arrived" to the hacks who love nothing better than to dine on the carcass of the over ambitious . Pardew is of course a gift from the Gods as the thick cunt can't help getting wound up and losing his rag .

We all know that Yanks with money to spend on soccerball are the answer to nothing

• Upvote 1

Is it just me or does it seem that linesmen are more often involved in these decisions, or non-decisions, at the end of games than the referees themselves?

I noticed this after the Terry offside goal that won against the bitters, or the Suarez goal against them at Goodison that was disallowed by the linesman. It seems that they make a decision to either call anything or call nothing after a certain point at the end and into injury time. Most of these baffling calls/non-calls have a purely arbitrary feel to them, as if they were decided beforehand, in a sense.