You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (a)

Hand Shandy

London clubs pioneered everything that's wrong with British football, from Harry Redknapp's brown envelope chicanery, to drogba's diving and Wimbledon's and Palace's alehouse yarddog tactics. I wipe my arse with any attempts to steal the moral high ground from these loudmouthed, embarrass you in Spain, flat beer drinking unaffordable housing cunts.

Top rant.

It's lovely to be on the right end of one of those game changing decisions.  Excellent penalty by Benteke - took some bottle that, and he deserves a lot of credit for it. Lovren looked just like he does in the brochure, and Lallana put in a massive shift today to negate the man disadvantage.

He ran further than anyone today, and as a team we put more yards in than them despite going down to 10.  

To sum up - lovely.

• Upvote 2

It's lovely to be on the right end of one of those game changing decisions. Excellent penalty by Benteke - took some bottle that, and he deserves a lot of credit for it. Lovren looked just like he does in the brochure, and Lallana put in a massive shift today to negate the man disadvantage.

He ran further than anyone today, and as a team we put more yards in than them despite going down to 10.

To sum up - lovely.

Squeeze every last drop of that lallana love in before he gets bombed in the summer
  • Upvote 1

Squeeze every last drop of that lallana love in before he gets bombed in the summer

i wouldn't have any issue with us moving him on in the summer but if I was to take a guess now I'd say Klopp will keep him he seems to really love his work rate.

Fans were quick to jump on his back because he was shite, not because he was one of 'Rodger's boys' you weirdo.

He played brilliantly today and everybody agreed he was MOTM. It's almost like most people base their opinions on the level of player's performance rather than a pre-set agenda. Who woulda thunk it?

I must have imagined all those times fans would accuse Rodgers of favoritism when he was selected ahead of Sakho.Under Klopp that is not the case and he like everyone else was given a fresh start.

There are not a lot of top cbs or dms around right now and I can't think of many cbs who are as solid and good on the ball as Lovren when he is on his game.He has to produce those kind of performances consistently and that has been the case since Klopp has been here.

Just finished watching the match. Absolutely made up with that. Crystal Palace are a bit of a bogey team for us, and they are full of pace and power. They have some good players too - Bolasie and Zaha, when they are at it, are a real handful. I was hoping we'd win it, and I predicted we would 2-1, but I have to say I wasn't confident. 

When they went a goal up (I thought Firmino could have been stronger and not turned his back on the shot) and then when Milner got sent off I feared the worst. 

What an incredible effort by 10 men to fight back and not only get the draw, but to run out worthy winners in the end. It was amazing. One or two bits of quality are not there, and I'm backing Klopp to put that right. But today the effort and character was there. It was a real pleasure to see such a passionate performance. I'm actually hoarse from shouting at the telly and singing with my lad! 

Origi, even though he didn't score, played very well today. He is strong and fast, and he also has a great touch. They were fouling him all game as he came deep, looking for the ball and looking to turn the defender. He also had a very good shot, curving and dipping, but it was just over. 

Moreno has taken a bit of stick from our fans but I thought he did well today. Zaha is fast and powerful, but Moreno got stuck in. His shot that came back off the post was a great effort too. 

I could go through the whole team and do this, but I'll resist. Just one more player mention though, and that's Benteke. He probably doesn't have a future here, but when he came on today he showed decent movement (apart from when Can shouted at him to get in the box - which obviously is the main problem we've had with him!), but full credit to him for keeping going right to the last second to win the penalty.

If we conceded that penalty I would have been as certain as I can be that it was a harsh one. But since we won in, and since it was against Pardew, I'd say it was well deserved. They fouled us and leaned on our players all game long. If the player's knee went into Benteke's ankle, faintly, and the big striker goes over, so what? And he stuck it away with aplomb. A little pause and sent the goalie the wrong way. Lovely stuff. 

After the three points against Man City I thought we were starting to build a head of steam up to maybe fight for fourth. It's not out of the question, but what I didn't realize was Man City also have a game in hand. Obviously we have to keep fighting on, but if we continue to show this sort of spirit, we may yet be surprised by what is possible. 

Man Utd next. I would love it if we knock them out. A draw at Anfield and then a famous win at Old Trafford? I'll have me some of that. 

Onwards and upwards. 

if we replace him with someone better, I won't mind.  This season he's outperforming our other number 10s.  So until these 'better players' actually start playing better than him, then I'll keep regarding your and others' opinion on matters Lallana with mild amusement and not a little scorn.  

If he stays, and Klopp keeps picking him, I'm sure he can count on your full support from afar. 

if we replace him with someone better, I won't mind. This season he's outperforming our other number 10s. So until these 'better players' actually start playing better than him, then I'll keep regarding your and others' opinion on matters Lallana with mild amusement and not a little scorn.

If he stays, and Klopp keeps picking him, I'm sure he can count on your full support from afar.

Ouch.

As can Henderson from your good self?

I won't try and extract a promise for Lucas as we both know your head would explode with the pressure of trying to keep it...,

• Upvote 1

Talking of contact, I can't have been the only person who felt the left back deliberately raked Sakho over by the corner flag. It might actually have led to the corner for their goal.

As for the Lallana debate, the way Jurgen put him in a headlock after the whistle had the whiff of foreplay, so I wouldn't be booking his tickets yet.