You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

Worst mass shooting in US history but the bbc still covering the Queens birthday

While I agree about the coverage of the queen being unnecessary, I think giving these incidents too much footage can create copy cat killers.

They should combine the two and live film a massacre in Buckingham Palace. If I was promised a few deaths I'd pay for PPV on that one. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

While I agree about the coverage of the queen being unnecessary, I think giving these incidents too much footage can create copy cat killers.

I think pretty much every expert agrees and says that these shootings shouldn't be publicised.

Go take a look at the way CNN covered this shooting, or any of the mass shootings in the US. Tell me which part of it was “in the public interest”.

The part telling the public what happened no matter how atrocious, as objectively as possible, instead of hiding it from people? You think the public interest would be better served if incidents like this are not reported? You think this would be even possible?

Father of the perpetrator is insisting that it had "nothing to do with" religion, but also that his son would get angry at seeing two men kissing. Hmm.

I've met plenty of non-religious people who were homophobic. That may not necessarily be the case here, but to suggest they don't exist is proposterous.

• dave u changed the title to Another US Shooting