You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Johnson

Bjornebye

Can't se

Johnson is a fool and the sentence is fair enough, He will probably be out on licence in 3-4 years which is not excessive for abusing his position by grooming then touching up an under-age girl,  Do I want him to get assaulted in prison , no . Do I want him persecuted when he is released , no. I would like to seem him apologise when he comes out and maybe engage with some of the groups helping victims of abuse, 

This will happen and he will be on Tabloid watch for the rest of his life "Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson goes to a Tesco just 10 MILES from a school containing schoolgirls similar to the one he abused" etc

We'll be hearing about him for the rest of his life until he dies.  No apologies or offers to help anyone will be accepted.  Such is the way when celebrities get done. 

Can't se

This will happen and he will be on Tabloid watch for the rest of his life "Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson goes to a Tesco just 10 MILES from a school containing schoolgirls similar to the one he abused" etc

We'll be hearing about him for the rest of his life until he dies.  No apologies or offers to help anyone will be accepted.  Such is the way when celebrities get done. 

Its hard to argue against this without falling into the JP trap of downplaying what he did 

I think in terms of the punishment it was fair. To say after he serves his time there is no way rehabilitation is a bit harsh although you could be right, You never know the girl may accept his apology . 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/may/27/oldham-athletics-jack-tuohy-charged-with-child-sex-offences

Oldham Athletic's Jack Tuohy charged with child sex offences

Footballer, 19, accused of crimes including engaging in sexual activity with a girl aged 13-15

An Oldham Athletic footballer has been suspended by the club after being charged with grooming and child sex offences.

Jack Tuohy, 19, has been charged with two counts of engaging in sexual activity with a girl aged 13 to 15, three counts of inciting a girl aged 13 to 15 to engage in sexual activity and meeting a girl under 16 years of age following grooming.

He was arrested last October on suspicion of meeting a teenage girl following sexual grooming. 

He appeared at Oldham magistrates court on Thursday and pleaded not guilty to the charges, the Manchester Evening News reported. Tuohy will appear at Manchester Minshull Street crown court on 23 June.

A statement on the League One club’s website said: “The club was informed that Jack Tuohy had been charged with several offences under the Sexual Offences Act 2003 on 27 April 2016 and with immediate effect suspended his employment until further notice. As this is now a matter for the courts the club will not be commenting further.”

Tuohy, a product of Oldham Athletic’s youth academy, made his league debut for the club in May last year. He was loaned to non-league Ramsbottom United last season.

I have a thirteen year old daughter. I'd disown the cow if she's stupid enough to be groomed by a grown man.

Good to see this thread has been brought back up as at the top of the previous page it clearly says I had read nothing about this case before commenting.My point was if a 15 year old is in a realationship with someone 3-4 years older and they have sex I don't agree that the guy should go down.

Those who disagree are entitled to their opinion, if you bring your daughter up teaching her right from wrong and she does something she says herself she knows is wrong it's up to the parent how they react.Id be disappointed but if others would say it's all on the man and call their daughter a victim that's up to them, I'm sure that will teach her a good lesson as she'll know next time she does something wrong her parents will blame the other person regardless.Not the best parenting in my eyes but as I say each to their own.

You mean after all that, when people thought you were showing yourself up as having a child's brain, you were in fact merely loudly expressing your opinion on something you were completely ignorant about?

In that case I feel quite the fool for thinking you're a prattling shithead, when the joke's on everyone else, AGAIN!!!!!

• Upvote 1

You mean after all that, when people thought you were showing yourself up as having a child's brain, you were in fact merely loudly expressing your opinion on something you were completely ignorant about?

In that case I feel quite the fool for thinking you're a prattling shithead, when the joke's on everyone else, AGAIN!!!!!

Seeing as my first post in this thread said exactly what I said in my last post then I would have to say the problem is with everyone else as they were saying I said something that I did not.

Don't know if I'd call him thick, although I can see the argument for it. 

Damaged goods ?  Definitely.  Attention seeking ?  Undeniably.  Obsessive ?  Scarily so.

Getting up to Code levels of "is this guy for fucking real ?".  Or he's just a really shit WUM.

More to be pitied than scorned, as Billy Connolly would say.