You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Better Call Saul

Elite

Really want to love this but it just is not happening. I get the slow burn idea and the character development but after 3 series nothing really has happened.

Will continue to watch as it is still better than most crap on telly but feel like it needs to up its game a tad.

Repped for calling it a 'series'.

Really want to love this but it just is not happening. I get the slow burn idea and the character development but after 3 series nothing really has happened.

Will continue to watch as it is still better than most crap on telly but feel like it needs to up its game a tad.

Well this is a guarantee they're doing everything right.

Am I on my own in thinking that Kim's voice is absolutely mental?

I don't think I could go steady with a bird with a voice like that, maybe one for an amnesty thread.

I'm the same with that Lucy Pinder, voice like a fucking foghorn.

And when asked by The New York Times whether Chuck is “definitely a goner,” McKean replied bluntly: “I am. I know they want to bring me in for some flashbacks this coming season, but that’s kind of beside the point.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/06/better-call-saul-is-chuck-dead

Would have been my guess. Anybody else think that from creators  that love some foreshadowing that Kim will develop a pain pill addiction in the next series? She favours the good stuff over ibuprofen and could story wise open a door for Jimmy/Saul to have business dealings with drug dealers. Don't really get the slow criticism. Could happily watch the no dialogue Mike montage scenes for a full episode. Also think we may well see the journey to Saul without too much Saul. Think we're looking a maybe 2 more series max. That would allow for a journey to Breaking Bad and then post Breaking Bad.  Breaking Bad was never gong to have a happy ending but this might end up with a current day Jimmy/Saul and Kim finding some happiness.

• Upvote 1

Would have been my guess. Anybody else think that from creators  that love some foreshadowing that Kim will develop a pain pill addiction in the next series? She favours the good stuff over ibuprofen and could story wise open a door for Jimmy/Saul to have business dealings with drug dealers. Don't really get the slow criticism. Could happily watch the no dialogue Mike montage scenes for a full episode. Also think we may well see the journey to Saul without too much Saul. Think we're looking a maybe 2 more series max. That would allow for a journey to Breaking Bad and then post Breaking Bad.  Breaking Bad was never gong to have a happy ending but this might end up with a current day Jimmy/Saul and Kim finding some happiness.

I saw an interview online with Odenkirk that pretty much guessed the same. 

Would have been my guess. Anybody else think that from creators that love some foreshadowing that Kim will develop a pain pill addiction in the next series? She favours the good stuff over ibuprofen and could story wise open a door for Jimmy/Saul to have business dealings with drug dealers. Don't really get the slow criticism. Could happily watch the no dialogue Mike montage scenes for a full episode. Also think we may well see the journey to Saul without too much Saul. Think we're looking a maybe 2 more series max. That would allow for a journey to Breaking Bad and then post Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad was never gong to have a happy ending but this might end up with a current day Jimmy/Saul and Kim finding some happiness.

Agreed. I thought season 3 was outstanding, one of the best seasons of TV I have ever seen.

The first 5 episodes, which peaked in Chuck's court room explosion, reminded me of The Shield's pacing and intensity. I can't think of any higher compliment.

Would have been my guess. Anybody else think that from creators that love some foreshadowing that Kim will develop a pain pill addiction in the next series? She favours the good stuff over ibuprofen and could story wise open a door for Jimmy/Saul to have business dealings with drug dealers. Don't really get the slow criticism. Could happily watch the no dialogue Mike montage scenes for a full episode. Also think we may well see the journey to Saul without too much Saul. Think we're looking a maybe 2 more series max. That would allow for a journey to Breaking Bad and then post Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad was never gong to have a happy ending but this might end up with a current day Jimmy/Saul and Kim finding some happiness.

Have they mentioned a post breaking bad series?

• 1 year later...

I’m hoping the pace of the show picks up in season 4. Ive moderately enjoyed it but have found it quite frustrating that it’s taking so long to get to what we all know the starting point is.

I agree with that. I love the show, even with it's slow pace but it's time to kick on now.