You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Better Call Saul

Elite

Guest Pistonbroke

Rep due when I can mate, she's lovely. It is also nice to fancy a woman in my age bracket rather than a young whippersnapper. 

Could be spot on there mate. We could actually see Jimmy use Mike to get at Chuck in return for favours. I have a horrible feeling that something bad is going to happen to Kim. 

Possibly, although it's entirely possible that his corner cutting simply pushes her too far and she walks away from him.

We already know Francesca stays with him into Breaking Bad but we know nothing of his personal life. Kim could well have been around at that stage. 

I think something bad is definitely going to happen to Chuck though. At least I hope it does, he's every parent, partner or sibling who never lets you forget the stupid things you've done and never accepts that you could have changed.  The guy playing him is a great actor though, he's really got me to despise him big time. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Possibly, although it's entirely possible that his corner cutting simply pushes her too far and she walks away from him.

We already know Francesca stays with him into Breaking Bad but we know nothing of his personal life. 

I think something bad is definitely going to happen to Chuck though. At least I hope it does, he's every parent, partner or sibling who never lets you forget the stupid things you've done and never accepts that you could have changed.  The guy playing him is a great actor though, he's really got me to despise him big time. 

Yeah, fully agree with Chuck and the actor who plays him. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Cunt should've won an Oscar for Spinal Tap.

animalny_spinaltap.jpg

When you look at his career, which has spanned 50 years, he's been in quite a few good films/TV shows. 

When you look at his career, which has spanned 50 years, he's been in quite a few good films/TV shows. 

He's in Short Circuit 2.

There is no higher accolade for an actor than that, Oscar or no Oscar.

This series is great, just wish it would have been made by Netflix or someone like that who would release it all at once.

It's the kind of thing you have to watch regularly to keep track of, just watched the first episode of season 3 and it's been so long since season 2 came out that I found myself trying to remember what was happening when I left off.  In the end I had to go read a few plot summaries for the recent episodes on Wikipedia just so I wasn't totally lost.

Ditto.on the Wikipedia summaries.

It's brilliant telly.

Sabrosito.

Is there a better programme on the telly ? If there is, I certainly haven't seen it. Every week BCS just keeps getting better and better; Gus Fring and Hector Salamanca just slamming it up to 10.

The direction, the cinematography, sound, framing, pacing, writing and the acting are all just out of this world. There are times during this show where barely a word is spoken yet those scenes are regularly gripping, hilarious or heartfelt and really moving. Said it before, but is there a better, more honest, more real couple than Kim and Jimmy on tv ? Like, ever ?!

Cannot wait to see what they have lined up for Chuck and Howard next week. Likewise, Gus and Mike and Hector and his cronies.

Just wonderful televsion. As good as, if not better, than Breaking Bad ever was.

9/10 ding ding

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Sabrosito.

Is there a better programme on the telly ? If there is, I certainly haven't seen it. Every week BCS just keeps getting better and better; Gus Fring and Hector Salamanca just slamming it up to 10.

The direction, the cinematography, sound, framing, pacing, writing and the acting are all just out of this world. There are times during this show where barely a word is spoken yet those scenes are regularly gripping, hilarious or heartfelt and really moving. Said it before, but is there a better, more honest, more real couple than Kim and Jimmy on tv ? Like, ever ?!

Cannot wait to see what they have lined up for Chuck and Howard next week. Likewise, Gus and Mike and Hector and his cronies.

Just wonderful televsion. As good as, if not better, than Breaking Bad ever was.

9/10 ding ding

What a load of shit mate.

It's at least a 10/10. 

Just caught up and the whole thing has me wishing for more. The little details, like you have pointed out, piss all over other shows. Before Mike pulled up at the side of the road and the sand grains danced their way across said road. The cinematography shots are stunning as is the way the whole thing slips between the two different story lines. I also love the way the writers leave it up to the viewer to work out why things happen without actual words telling the plot. The Drugs falling from the trabs to make sure the sniffer dogs picked up the trace being an example, also the detail of him getting the driver and his companion to believe it was hunters shooting so they wouldn't be spooked by the actual shot at the trabs. It was the same with the tracking devices the other week. 

Watching Chuck and his arse licking sidekick Howard fall from grace is going to be great TV, also we'll no doubt find out why Hector ends up in a wheelchair breathing like he has just had 1000 tabs in a one day smoking marathon. Gus certainly has something planned for the weasel, and it is going to be something special. 

I'm hoping beyond hope for more spin offs after BCS winds up, there is certainly potential as far as Jimmy and Mike goes, possibly Kim and a few others should they survive whatever this show has in store for us. 

Loved the script of the apology to Chuck. Really well written and acted.

Brilliant television.

....why did Kim say bingo? Why is it important to them that there is a duplicate? I think a whole lot happened in that court room that I missed (which is why I love the program). It appears that Jimmy was humiliated in the court room, but in actual fact I think Jimmy led it that way for a reason. Kim changing the word to damaged from destroyed was a deliberate plan I think.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Loved the script of the apology to Chuck. Really well written and acted.

Brilliant television.

....why did Kim say bingo? Why is it important to them that there is a duplicate? I think a whole lot happened in that court room that I missed (which is why I love the program). It appears that Jimmy was humiliated in the court room, but in actual fact I think Jimmy led it that way for a reason. Kim changing the word to damaged from destroyed was a deliberate plan I think.

He got Mike to take all the photo's to prove or do something. The Damage v Destroyed wording probably has something to do with that. Destroyed means completely fucked up, ending the existence of something, damaged covers impair somethings usefulness or function and is not as serious when used in a court of law. Kim saying "Bingo" was due to her getting them to smugly say they had a copy of the tape. Only my tuppence like and I could be way off the mark.   

He got Mike to take all the photo's to prove or do something. The Damage v Destroyed wording probably has something to do with that. Destroyed means completely fucked up, ending the existence of something, damaged covers impair somethings usefulness or function and is not as serious when used in a court of law. Kim saying "Bingo" was due to her getting them to smugly say they had a copy of the tape. Only my tuppence like and I could be way off the mark.   

Yeah. My guess is that they got Chuck to insist on the tape being destroyed and him paying for it so that if he then produces the duplicate tape and pretends its the original then that would be fraudulent. If he produces the duplicate and insists its a duplicate then maybe they could argue that it is evidence that shows Chuck deliberately engineered the situation?

But why did he want the pics and what did Mike give him on the paper? Its all intriguing and they have built it up very well.

I'm hoping beyond hope for more spin offs after BCS winds up, there is certainly potential as far as Jimmy and Mike goes, possibly Kim and a few others should they survive whatever this show has in store for us.

They could introduce Hank and the DEA office and and their work against the cartels before Walt and Jesse's arrival on the scene.

Edit. I've cocked up here, the top paragraph is Pistonbrokes comments which I have quoted and then elaborated on in the second.