You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Little Things That Brighten Your Day

AngryOfTuebrook

30 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

We had to nip to Asda and while we were queueing, there was a little girl, I would imagine not quite 2 in a supermarket trolley seat who gave me the biggest smile.

I smiled back, said hello and waved, she hid behind her mum then reappeared with a big beaming smile then hid again playing hide and seek.

This went on for a minute or so before her mum's shopping was packed and then off she went still smiling.

That smile would have won her the parish, a beautiful child.

Absolutely made my day bless her.

I'm getting too soft.

At least you weren’t getting hard. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

At least you weren’t getting hard. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahahahaha I was going to post a picture of a yew tree but I lost signal on the train and gave up 

Fucks sake, I stumbled right into that one ye pair of cunts.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

I live at the end of a string of lakes that form part of a major bird migration route.

Just heard the first south-bound birds of the spring fly over-head.

Always a good thing.

ozark-ruth.gif

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/03/2023 at 12:18, Captain Willard said:

Thanks for the congratulations. Im so happy today. Somebody said to me grandkids are your reward for surviving teenagers. 

Many congratulations. Take it from me, being a Granddad is fucking ace.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I decided to get an automatic car I've never driven one before in my life. Holy shit I'm not even sure it should be classed as driving. I love it, I'll never go back to manual but the future would of probably made that decision for me anyway.

I've been driving automatics exclusively for the last 10 years or so and had a couple in the years before when it wasn't essential for me.

Some of the older ones could be a bit jerky and indecisive but they're much better than they were with the one I have now being an 8 speed diesel and smooth as silk.

You don't have to be an old fart to drive them these days!

Genuine question. Why is it difficult and more expensive to hire an automatic car in the UK ?  I would have thought automatic cars would be the preferred option for hire companies because many people no longer know how to drive a manual, plus an automatic transmission is less prone to abuse by careless drivers. However, on the last couple of occasions that I've hired a car in the UK, there are either no automatics available, or you are charged a big premium to get one.  

2 hours ago, Waitak said:

Genuine question. Why is it difficult and more expensive to hire an automatic car in the UK ?  I would have thought automatic cars would be the preferred option for hire companies because many people no longer know how to drive a manual, plus an automatic transmission is less prone to abuse by careless drivers. However, on the last couple of occasions that I've hired a car in the UK, there are either no automatics available, or you are charged a big premium to get one.  

Because it's an admittance that you can't drive properly?