You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (Apr 20 2014)

WhiskeyJar

so angry after that.

so many players below par today but win is the main thing.

We won mate teams at the bottom are fighting for their lives see sunderland this week this is a great character building win winning a league title is never straight forward unless your MANU

The saying goes, if you put enough pressure on a lump of coal it becomes a diamond. Our players have never been in this position before with this pressure. They are relatively young and if we win the league they will gain a lot of confidence for years to come. This could be he making of a team that could dominate for years.

• Upvote 3

Sakho and Lucas playing, plus no Sturridge and Hendo was just too much of a change.

Hopefully next week things will be better, but the nerves there were really bad. I knew it'd get nervy, but to start like that and end up going through what we did was crazy.

I'm hoping that both defensive Danny and attacking Danny will be starting next week, and that we can avoid some of the madness we saw today. Credit to them for getting the win, but I doubt we can play like that against a Chelsea team that will be all but surrendering the title if they lose.

• Upvote 5

Fuck me. Fantastic 3 points but what I'd give for us to do things the easy way.

Our record in cup finals is the same. We can never just win 2-0 can we? We'll probably end up beating Newcastle 4-3 with a last minute goal like in 1996 to secure the title.

Makes it all the more satisfying afterwards though.

Don't like to criticise players after a massive 3 points, but Johnson and Lucas really worried me today. Johnson I'm not as worried about, he raises his game against the top sides, but Lucas doesn't look confident or fit. 

Massive victory though, the title is so close. Allen was great first half and Sterling excellent again. 

Numero, you negged for me hoping Sakho will be replaced by Agger? Fair enough if so, I just think he's better. I don't dislike Sakho, and maybe he'll even end up as good as, or better than Agger, who knows. Just think he's too rash at times though as he is now, like I said before. Hopefully this experience will do him good as well.

• Upvote 1

All that matters is the 3 points, happy days.

Norwich played out of their skins like teams battling relegation do. However, unlike City or Chelsea this week, we didn't drop any points against the relegation battlers. Picking up 3 points in games like this is the mark of champions.

whats with all the slipping? sakho slipped and could have given a foul away, johnson was hopeless today and he slipped too and let them in. suarez is always slipping but not sure we can still blame it on woollen boots. azpilicueta yesterday slipped and led to penalty.

• Downvote 1

All that matters is the 3 points, happy days.

Norwich played out of their skins like teams battling relegation do. However, unlike City or Chelsea this week, we didn't drop any points against the relegation battlers. Picking up 3 points in games like this is the mark of champions.

That's the bottom line but fuck me it's hard on the nerves

Dug deep today and that's what winning titles is all about.

If we had drew that it would have been a massive boost for the other sides like when arsenal let a two goal lead slip years ago and Gallas sat down at the end on his own. Instead that is a hammer blow to Chelsea and City.

Anyone criticising a win at this stage needs to get a grip do you think Utd won the league at this stage without games like that?....that showed bottle today.

• Upvote 1

Bluemoon exhibiting Evertonian levels of bitter madness on their Easter fixtures thread. Apparently Everton, Chelsea and now City fans are all-in on the theory that Mike Riley and the referees are fixing the league for us.

Still no explanation as to how the referees are scoring all the goals for us as well.