You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (Apr 20 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Yes, to get a top 3 finish after being way off the pace the last few years is fantastic. And we've done it in style.

It'd be incredibly hard to take if we don't finish top now but to have a place secured in the top 3 with games left is still a fantastic achievement. 

202?   Where've you been?  Welcome back!

• Upvote 1

The dilemma with Sakho is that he's a great defender with a lot of attributes. He's quick, strong and good in the air. However, by far his biggest weakness is when he has to make passes and play football. It's not possible for Agger to be quicker or much stronger, but you'd say Sakho could work (has to) on his distribution. Rodgers likes the back four to move the ball about, so at the moment Sakho's nervousness with the ball gives us a massive headache.

We are going for the league in a style that probably hasn't been seen basically it's we will out score the opposition....none of the usual dragging out a 1 0 backs to the wall job like Chelsea would be doing if that was them today.

I think we should all enjoy the fact that not onlyare we a trying to win it like this but I bet we are fucking great for the neutral to watch.

Heart attack stuff for us but if we pull it off it will could even be our greatest achievement....enjoy.

11 wins in a row, has that ever been done before?  Automatic cl qualification also guarenteed now which is ace.  The title almost in our grasp.  I'm still in the positive bus!

Arsenal won 14 over two seasons - end of 01/02 and start of 02/03. 13 of them were in 01/02.

I think that's the record.

We are going for the league in a style that probably hasn't been seen basically it's we will out score the opposition....none of the usual dragging out a 1 0 backs to the wall job like Chelsea would be doing if that was them today.

I think we should all enjoy the fact that not onlyare we a trying to win it like this but I bet we are fucking great for the neutral to watch.

Heart attack stuff for us but if we pull it off it will could even be our greatest achievement....enjoy.

While I agree, today wasn't really a great example. After a small spell of dominance we were constantly under pressure throughout, and really only looked to hit on the break rather than dominate possession. Chelsea had 30 chances against Sunderland, their shit finishing is the only reason they didn't win that one comfortably. They get a finisher like Costa, they will be a much bigger threat next season.

I expect the team is tired after a long season, I just hope we can keep up the attacking pressure, because it seems like we are having a small period of attacking dominance in games followed by dropping into our box to defend the rest of the game. The issue would come if we fail to score in that early period of dominance in these last games.

We have a paper thin squad so we will always feel it when 2 key players like Sturridge and Hendo are missing as we don't have anyone to replace them. To go away to a team fighting for their lives, scoring 3 goals and grinding out a win was a top result, regardless of how we played in the 2nd half.

• Upvote 2

It was nervy and edgy but them's the kind of games you have to win. I don't think we came out of it looking good and I am annoyed at just how unintelligent and thick we are at times. Everything about the two goals we conceded today stunk of braindead play. There was no need for it and I maintain that this team has a killswitch that will bring everything crashing down if we aren't careful. For all Norwich's relegation fuelled bluster we missed two very, very good opportunities. Especially Lucas at 3-2, should be 4-2 and game over so I don't buy that we were lucky. Nervy? Without a doubt. Lucky? Not for me - although Wolf van Winkel nearly did us.

Glen Johnson is nerve shreddingly lazy. I don't know if its a tactical thing but the amount of times he allows a cross to come in sickens me. It is inviting serious trouble and it cost us a goal today. Mentally we looked tired and physically too because we flew out of the blocks again. But we can't defend like that next week because Chelsea will kill us stone dead. Lucas does not have the same energy that he once had and that's unfortunate but he looks like a spare part in Rodgers' set up and he looked lost today. He got stuck in as always but I suspect that this team has passed him by.

We started off brilliantly again and what can you say about Sterling? The first goal was a rocket, the nick doesn't help the keeper but that has flown in. No stopping that. He also set up the second brilliantly - remarkably good awareness and a very good understanding of Suarez' positioning. The third goal was slightly lucky but I'm not bothered about that to be honest, I'll take that all day long. He looked a threat long after Norwich's tactical reshuffle and if I'm being honest he was the only one who did. And that's where we missed Sturridge because Suarez looked a little bit isolated. Fair play to Big Vic when he came on though, he held the ball up really well and did his job excellently. Relieved a bit of pressure.

Yet again though the questions get asked and we answer them positively. We've had all the favours we're going to get now, we need to go out there and beat Chelsea. That takes them out of the equation. We know what we need. 7 points. Just keep winning football matches. However, we ticked off my two big boxes today. Champions League and Champions League automatic qualification. Anything else is now a bonus but at this stage at this stage in the season I don't see how we'll ever have a better chance.

• Upvote 1

Watching this team of late should come with a health warning.  "Warning : Those with heart difficulties are advised not to watch the last 12 minutes of any Liverpool FC game".

I remember one guy having a heart attack amidst the madness of Istanbul.  I don't know about anyone else, but our recent games have left me knackered by the end.

But we've waited more than twenty years for this opportunity, there's no jumping off the bus now.  Suck it up boys, give us more beautiful anguish next week.

The dilemma with Sakho is that he's a great defender with a lot of attributes. He's quick, strong and good in the air. However, by far his biggest weakness is when he has to make passes and play football. It's not possible for Agger to be quicker or much stronger, but you'd say Sakho could work (has to) on his distribution. Rodgers likes the back four to move the ball about, so at the moment Sakho's nervousness with the ball gives us a massive headache.

I must be watching a different player. Sakho's distribution is fantastic usually. Passes short and long pinged with accuracy. Quick thinking. Was caught out a couple of times today, but I trust him far more than I trust Agger.

• Upvote 2

I must be watching a different player. Sakho's distribution is fantastic usually. Passes short and long pinged with accuracy. Quick thinking. Was caught out a couple of times today, but I trust him far more than I trust Agger.

I think he's a better defender than Agger, no doubt. On the ball, Agger is a far better footballer and far more accomplished imo.

• Upvote 1

i'll be the first to admit that i wasnt a fan of Rodgers when he arrived.

The hope, pride and belief he has given us is pretty unfuckingbelievable.

The guy will be irreplaceable and i hope FSG give him a huge payrise for this. Players can come and go as far as im concerned, but the manager has to stay no matter what the cost.

Im already celebrating this title win, it's in the bag, this is the belief that Rodgers has given me.

Legend.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1