You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (Apr 20 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Well done you mighty redmen. We've done it. We've reached our goal-Champs League group stages guaranteed!!

Now we can relax, switch off, unwind, kick back, shoes off, chill out, go on holiday, open a beer and unwind while we wait for next season, as a "big cloob" again.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well done you mighty redmen. We've done it. We've reached our goal-Champs League group stages guaranteed!!

Now we can relax, switch off, unwind, kick back, shoes off, chill out, go on holiday, open a beer and unwind while we wait for next season, as a "big cloob" again.

Kids v Chelsea? 

• Upvote 1

Sakho is a fucking liability at times. Its as though in the middle of a game he will have a massive brainfart.

Cant wait for Agger to be 100% fit again

That reads like you're listening to the "experts" as opposed to seeing things yourself.

Granted Sakho has a look of the Traores about him, but he's an awesome player. Brilliant defender and literally 9 times out of 10 he'll find a teammate with a pass.

You know he was PSG's youngest ever captain when he was only 17? And he left his boyhood club to come to us because he wants to play football as opposed to picking up a cheque? The guy is club legend material. Plus, he looks mental!

You say he's a liability. When has he ever cost us anything?

• Upvote 1

I wonder what the consensus on Sakho would be if his needless fouls on Dzeko and Snodgrass over the last two games had been penalised with the penalty and dangerous free kick that they probably merited.

For all that, he's a lot more physical and imposing than Agger and that counts for a huge amount at set pieces given how much we've been bullied there in recent years.

Not much between the pair in terms of distribution, and of course, Agger is susceptible to the odd brainless error too.

I reckon Sakho will continue against Chelsea. I just hope he leaves the crazy moment in the dressing room.

Apologies if someone has already commented about Sterlings celebration after the opener yesterday . Just loved the way he went straight to Rodgers and threw his arms round him. Can't imagine any other team in the premiership where a player would act like that after scoring . Can you imagine anyone hugging Fat Sham after scoring ; not that there would be too many opportunities !

Just shows what a get job Brendan has done with this kid and how good the relationship is.

Skrtel looked a bit more reticent mind when he arrived on the scene and unsure whether it was ok to give the manager a big group man hug

Apologies if someone has already commented about Sterlings celebration after the opener yesterday . Just loved the way he went straight to Rodgers and threw his arms round him. Can't imagine any other team in the premiership where a player would act like that after scoring . Can you imagine anyone hugging Fat Sham after scoring ; not that there would be too many opportunities !

Just shows what a get job Brendan has done with this kid and how good the relationship is.

Skrtel looked a bit more reticent mind when he arrived on the scene and unsure whether it was ok to give the manager a big group man hug

Yeah, with all the other qualities Rodgers has shown as a manager his man management seems to be absolutely fantastic.

Skrtel looks like he was just about to pile on and then realised it was the boss.

Im not claiming to be a body language expert but it is clear all the players fully respect him.

Compare skrtel there with what he did when studge scored against the mancs at anfield and he ran to Brendan.

Skrtel was hugging studge all the way until he went to Brendan and then went off and did not join in, with sterling he had no hesitation jumping in involving the manager, their relationship has changed a lot it seems.

Every player must respect him after the handling of skrtel, he showed no matter what has gone on in the past if you get on the pitch and perform you keep your place, that's a great motivation for players not starting right now.

Have got to say it, even though I'm a bit wasted at the moment. Am just fucking loving the fact that at least we've got to this stage!

I thought most of us would be looking at the Chelsea game if we got these three points, and the fact that this was supposed to be an easier game was freaking me out. Maybe this is partly why Stevie was saying no fucking slip ups, etc. Can you imagine how shit it would've been to go into this next game knowing we'd dropped points here? I just think this was such a big game for us, and although it almost drove many of us truly fucking insane, it was just hugely important to get through. I honestly felt really fucked up during the last 20 mins or so and am still thinking that maybe I should just give footie more of a rest next season, those feelings were just a bit too much.

Total credit to Rodgers, the team, and the other staff for getting us through it, because I think this has been one of the biggest games of the season. Simply because these points have been so important. Fucking huge win for us and glad we got through it. I think maybe on one level the team battled their own nerves and disbelief as much as anything else. If this was just an average game we might have wasted them by a several goal margin and hardly even give a shit.

Am still fucking loving the fact that we won, even to the point that I kind of feel like I'm still celebrating it. Just had a bad feeling that we were going to fuck this up. Most of us know what we've been like against the so-called "lesser" sides over recent years and all.

Skrtel was hugging studge all the way until he went to Brendan and then went off and did not join in, with sterling he had no hesitation jumping in involving the manager, their relationship has changed a lot it seems.

Hahah, I thought he was thinking that was a bit ott actually. Clearly he was chuffed at the goal, but when the rest of the players piled on after Raheem I guess he wasn't as happy!