You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Glen Johnson get a new contract?

tlw content

Fair point but looking at the Lovren thing in particular it took forever to do the deal and was discussed ad nauseam. Im sure by the the consensus was he was way too expensive and not the answer, Starting with the keeper was surely the way to go

It was a bizarre one all round, I can't even remember anyone thinking we needed another CB. But once it started to become clear that we'd sign Lovren no matter what, well then it almost becomes a question of how supportive you are of the manager. No one likes knocking a guy who's taken us to within a whisker of the league.

It was the same with some of Kenny's signings, people finally justifying a bad signing (i'm as guilty as anyone) by saying if it's who the manager wants then that's the most important thing. It's been brought into starker contrast though with Rodgers because of the loss of Suarez and the fact Brendan doesn't seem to stand by his signings, which can be a positive or a negative, depending on how shit you think they've been.

• Upvote 1

...the vast majority of fans will have prioritised a striker, rather than waiting until the end of the window and being left with Balotelli or nothing.

With Lambert, many were happy for him to be 4th, maybe at a push 3rd, choice. Because they expected a player perhaps not on Suarez' level, but at Sturridge's, to be signed. 

Most fans would have prioritised a DM. Likewise a new keeper, or at the very least someone to provide Mignolet with some competition.

Most people thought that Earth was flat etc.  

Seriously. Fucking seriously.

This prick is making me want to stop watching footy until he retires.

I've never seen such a lackadaisical, brainless, cock sure, crustacean like footballer in my life. He is the epitome of the modern footballer and modern sports in general. He offers nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'd have that cunt Louis Spence play instead of him.

If BR plays him for the rest of the season he's lost my support completely.

Btw I'm not blaming him on tonight's result. I've just got to the end of my wick with this absolute cunt.

• Upvote 2

I feel the same. 

The combination of his not giving a shit attitude combined with him being genuinely shit is fucking plutonium grade toxic for my brain. In terms of the damage done to us as a club and my blood pressure, he's Rafa's worst signing. 

He was appalling tonight. Slow, clueless, positionally vacant, wreckless, cowardly, wasteful, naive, pure unadulterated fucking dog shit.

The cunt didn't put a foot right. He is a shitehawk and a coward of Mignolesque proportions.

He is the best advertisement for post-coital abortion that I've ever had the misfortune of ever seeing pull on our Red shirt.

Fuck off Johnson you cunt, just fuck right off.

Before I kill you.

• Upvote 1

I feel the same.

The combination of his not giving a shit attitude combined with him being genuinely shit is fucking plutonium grade toxic for my brain. In terms of the damage done to us as a club and my blood pressure, he's Rafa's worst signing.

Rafa's worst signing ? I think overall he's been a solid signing, that doesn't change the fact that he's now past it, and has been for at least two years.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the side now, especially centrally, and giving him a new contract, even on a reduced wage, is mental.

He was average? bullshit. He ignored a runner immediately when he came on and we nearly paid for it barre a brilliant save from Mig. Then he skied a routine pass. Willan was through at one stage just ran straight through where our imaginary left centre back should of been. Him and Costa were one on one and he had a 5 yard head start but managed to lose out to Costa and fall over. He hasn't tracking Ivanovic for the goal, need i go on?

• Upvote 1

I watch all our games and i've seen more than enough to know that people just default to blame johnson when we lose.

what exactly did he do wrong tonight?

Failed to mark any of his men. Failed to track back twice. Missed headers. Failed passes. Out of position. No urgency. I could go on. If I had the time if do a you tube video of his shit performance.

He was woeful.

• Upvote 1

Failed to mark any of his men. Failed to track back twice. Missed headers. Failed passes. Out of position. No urgency. I could go on. If I had the time if do a you tube video of his shit performance.

He was woeful.

did you critique any of the rest of the teams performances or do you just have a file on Johnson?

• Upvote 1

Right after Lambert came on he, Johnson, had a throw in. Ricky was tapping his chest for the ball as he was unmarked, and Johnson threw it directly to a Chelsea player covering Balotelli, I think, on the touch line, starting a break down the right side. 

It's little things like that send me off.

• Upvote 2

He was average? bullshit. He ignored a runner immediately when he came on and we nearly paid for it barre a brilliant save from Mig. Then he skied a routine pass. Willan was through at one stage just ran straight through where our imaginary left centre back should of been. Him and Costa were one on one and he had a 5 yard head start but managed to lose out to Costa and fall over. He hasn't tracking Ivanovic for the goal, need i go on?

balotellis man for the goal. sky showed it. balotelli was touch tight to him in the build up to the free kick being taken and then lost him.