You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez signs new contract

Gnasher

Not getting too excited about this at all.

This contract will without doubt have an un-ambiguous release clause in it. I would be surprised if that could be triggered before the summer. The only thing we dont know is what the number is and whether it carves out a move to another PL club.

Utd will definitly be precluded but I would bet that's probably it.

He's gone if we dont make CL for sure and it will be out of our hands even if we do.

Wind it in, will ya.

The alternative is to go through the drama of him leaving right in middle of the season.

We have now considerably increased our chances of keeping him beyond January and probably next season if we make the Champions League.

That's why everyone is happy. Looking for any negatives beyond that is short sighted and pessimistic at best.

Guest San Don

What a great signing by Kenny Dalglish! Some people drone on about the other signings but, just how much is Suarez worth to the club?

Thank you The King!

• Upvote 3

What a great signing by Kenny Dalglish! Some people drone on about the other signings but, just how much is Suarez worth to the club?

Thank you The King!

think he was coming regardless of Kenny managing us although do seem to recall Kenny played a part in the scouting and Luis seems to think very highly of Kenny so no doubt played his part in keeping him after the Evra shite, then Brendan has come in and really got the best out of him on the pitch and along with the owners handled the summer problems excellently and have now got him on a new deal

well played all round!

The wages that players earn piss me off.

£200,000 a week. Meanwhile, fans have to pay £50 per game. Fuck off, football, you piss-taking cunt.

I would usually agree with the statement regarding the cost of tickets and the lack of value thereof. However on this occasion I would disagree. Not because of misplaced adoration but because Suarez is a football player who is worth paying that amount for. Players like him don't come around that often...to any club. 

I am aware that there is probably a water tight get out clause that suits him, and he wouldn't hesitate to leave for an arrangement that suits him better - but in the meantime I'll enjoy someone so talented and unpredictable playing for us.

• Upvote 1