You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke City - Home - 17th Aug

Alex Gibbo

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about that then?

Fucking great display from the lads and we are only going to improve as the season goes on.

Great win lads.

Off to watch the Arsenal game now, hope Benteke fucking destroys them.

Thought Benteke is fucked. Didn't he break his leg or something in a friendly?

Im fucking drained. What a start to the season that was. Excellent first half overall i thought, we should have been out of sight by half time. Coutinho was incredible. I was absolutely sure the end would be nerve wrecking if we didnt get a second. But we dont help ourselves either, what the hell was Agger doing there?

Boss debut by Mignolet, even tho he looked somewhat shaky at first, but i mean going up on those crosses against Stoke's players aint exactly the easiest thing. Him being the match winner cannot do his confidence any harm either, id say it was the perfect start for him.

Good game that. Played some lovely stuff and created lots of chances; we wont come up against a keeper like that every week.We got the result for a change and despite some dodgy defending Mignolet came good : the penalty save and the clean sheet should settle him down for the next game. On balance many more pluses than minuses and good to beat the fucking potheads . Well in lads

Wow, I'm an emotional wreck after that, the inevitablity of that penalty was all too painful, why does it happen to us? We hit the woodwork twice and run into begovic in unstoppable form. Mignolet's save was fucking beautiful havent screamed at the TV like that for years, the roar from Anfield after we had relived the pressure gave me goosebumps.

Sturridge is quality, such a clean striker of a ball and a huge array of tricks and turns, special mention to Kolo too great performance from him lead from the back.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Begovitc "we deserved something from the game". No you didn't you gimp.

I think he's a very classy guy, Begovic. He's right, they did deserve something from the game.

Fuck all.

On the last few season's evidence, Walters' first half shot wouldn't have been saved and neither would the penalty. Clearly Mignolet needs to catch rather than swat crosses and get smarter on his feet, but I don't remember the last time a goalkeeper genuinely kept us in the match with vital saves like today.

Toure was a huge improvement on last season's Skrtel too and Aspas showed more in the first half than Borini did all last season.

Still, the inability to convert chances almost did for us again today, but our suspended number 7 is usually the difference there.

And Bergovic really should be playing with a bigger club.

Great, nice to start off with a win. Mingy with class saves for the peno and follow up. Nice goal by Sturridge, decent passing and some nice interplay between Coutinho and Aspas.

Looks like Lucas is getting back to his best as well.

Gerrards passing went from a bit wayward to brilliant, and Toure is a beast to be able to go toe to toe with those neandathals.

He got his MotM trophy, what more did he want? No champagne though BT, you cheapskate bastards.

Champagne! the cunts need to sort my fucking phone line out first the twats. I must have disconnected 10 times during the game. I'm surprised my router survived.