You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke City - Home - 17th Aug

Alex Gibbo

Maybe this is a good sign, the last 4 seasons we'd have for sure dropped points here, the way the game turned out. Dominating the game but not killing them off with a second despite creating a shitload. And some sort of meltdown from one of our players. I actually think this was better than if we'd have killed this game early. This can't have done Mignolet any harm, nor the rest of our squad.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to start taking our chances, could of easily won the game by 4 today as long as we got the 3 points and dominated an inbred Stoke side that's the main thing.

Need as many 3 points as we can against mediocre sides and at least push on for a point against the top sides until Suarez is back, when he's back I think and Arsenal are still in downfall I think we are well up for that top 4 finish we've been waiting for.

Was very impressed with Toure as well, he's been good all pre season, but that means nothing. Today though meant something and i thought he slotted in great. Calm with the ball at his feet, a dominating presence and very quick, before we signed i thought he was finished as a top player to be honest, but if he can play like this consistently i was very wrong about that.

Yeah Toure was terrific I thought, good performance from us considering first game of the season with the obvious rust and lack of match fitness early in the season. Stoke look ahead of us in fitness terms and it showed over the last 25 minutes. Not a surprise as even after a change of manager you can see how they're going to spend a disproportionate amount of time on fitness training.

Can't complain too much about that. We were excellent with the ball at times and probably should have scored 4. The set piece defending was a bit of a worry but that's always going to be the case when we have so little height in the team and Mignolet is still finding his feet.

Can't think of any bad performances today. Great team spirit. Onwards and upwards.

I think today highlighted why we need someone like Papadopoulos to stop the incursions by big shithouses like Huth and NZonzi and co. We need a big mental fella to give them a death stare and smile at them, and then elbow them in the throat on the sly.

Also, where is Borini? Why? What? Need to sort that out ASA fucking P, because otherwise we're light up front, as today showed. Stop hitting shots at a perfect height for a top keeper.

I think today highlighted why we need someone like Papadopoulos to stop the incursions by big shithouses like Huth and NZonzi and co. We need a big mental fella to give them a death stare and smile at them, and then elbow them in the throat on the sly.

Also, where is Borini? Why? What? Need to sort that out ASA fucking P, because otherwise we're light up front, as today showed. Stop hitting shots at a perfect height for a top keeper.

Borini couldn't score in a brothel.

That ended up being nerve wracking and it shouldn't have.

We played really well.

Thought Lucas looked sharp, quick into the tackle. Aspas never kept still, loads of movement.

Toure was very good, constantly talking, encouraging. He wont be bullied.

Coutinho is absolute class. He was the only person in the ground who saw the pass to Henderson.

Lets keep it going

Lucas was the best I have seen him since he came back from injury.

Our finishing really is brutal. For all the dominance and chances created today only Henderson (twice) really tested Begovic, other then the goal. Every other shot was hit right at or they shit themselves when he closed the forward down. Need to sort this out or wont get so lucky the next time.

Need to follow it up with a good result at Villa too. With any luck we've got a new signing on the bench for that one.

That's just not true. He made more saves than he ever has before. We tested him many times. He was just superb.

I don't really care about the times Aspas and Enrique etc decided to hit the ball right at him with no direction nor height. He made two great saves, that's all.

Lucas was the best I have seen him since he came back from injury.

Agree with this whole heartily. Great game by Lucas today, also loved the way him and Coutinho didn't take shit off of that twat N'Zonzi.

Overall I thought we were good but not great. We definitely need to sort out the finishing but as others have said this was a draw a best for the past few seasons. Personally I thought we were fucked once the pen was given but Mignolet had that double save which was amazing. You can definitely see how we'd benefit from a couple more signings though and I wasn't particularly happy with Enrique today, mostly going forward but a win is a win anyway.