You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke City - Home - 17th Aug

Alex Gibbo

Right then. Seems no one is up for making the thread so here it is, my first one. Let's hope I don't curse us. That said I'm honestly not expecting a lot from this game. Whenever we're this optimistic we always fuck it up on the first day. 0-0 or 1-1 for me seeing as we've got the whole world watching to laugh at us.

Ignore my pessimism and just fucking win this game, chaps. I don't care if it has to go in off Glen Johnson's arse cheek in the 91st minute.

Predictions?

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A chance to go top of the league.

We shall take it.

We have been playing well and perhaps the Celtic defeat reminds us we have to be clinical. Last season with the Suarez cloud over our heads we destroyed Newcastle 6-0. 4 months on, a repeat would be great obviously but id take any sort of win.

---------------Mignolet-----------------

Johnson----Toure---Agger-----Enrique

------------Lucas----Gerrard-------------

Aspas----------Coutinho------Henderson

----------------Sturridge------------------

Need a goal in the first half to take the wind out of their sails, can see coutinho breaking the deadlock.

Best team available please with no favourites.

An early goal will do us a world of good. If it doesn't come we usually struggle. Last season we were poor nearly every time we played a side like stoke. A side that pressed us intensely. That has to change this season if we want anything other then another season to forget.

I was expecting a tricky game and would have taken any win at all ahgainst these, before realising Mark Hughes is now their manager which allows me much more optimism and so i'm feeling a two goal vistory is on the cards, either 2-0 or 3-1.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Pre-season they've been knocking it about at the back, but with very little connection between the defence and attack. If we can get at them, with lots of pace and quick movement, we could do well. If we allow them time and corners and freekicks, we could lose.

---------------Mignolet-----------------

Johnson----Toure---Agger-----Enrique

------------Lucas----Gerrard-------------

Aspas----------Coutinho------Henderson

----------------Sturridge------------------

Need a goal in the first half to take the wind out of their sails, can see coutinho breaking the deadlock.

this team please, if Sturridge not ready to start, Aspas up top and Sterling in

I don't think that Sturridge will start. Coutinho, Sterling and Aspas will be the forward three, with Gerrard, Allen and Lucas behind them. And we will win, 3-0. And one of the goals will be scored by Daniel Sturridge, in the last 30mins of the game.

All this I have seen.

See no reason why Sturridge shouldn't start, played a half against Celtic and looked sharp as ever and gave their two centre backs a torrid time. I don't like the thought of Aspas up against the likes of Huth and co., he may be physically bullied and have a similar performance to his first half against Celtic.