You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DimReaper - Ivanovic clearly made the referee aware of the incident yesterday even showing him his arm at the time and he didnt take any action so isnt this the same as the Defoe incident?

The ref needed to view the incident himself, he simply can't take a player's word for it.

As idealistic as that idea is, it would open Pandora's box.

by the way we should immmediately engage the best queens counsel in the land to keep manners on the fa and ensure regard is had to the many relevant precedents here and to ensure due process is followed

the likelhood is that ayre will appoint his mate who has done a bit of legal conveyancing in his day

The club have handled this well - took control and dealt with everything quickly.

The announcement that Louis has been fined by the club with proceeds to be donated to a Hillsborough charity is decisive and right.

This time around the Club, Ayre, and Rodgers have not put a foot wrong.

<<<<<<This

I thought the rules were that if the ref was aware of the incident (which he clearly was) and didnt take any action then the FA couldnt act retrospectively?

Also didnt the FA set a president by not taking action against Defoe for the same offence in 2006?

Ben Thatcher was yellow-carded for his forearm smash on Mendez, yet the FA still banned him. Perhaps the rules were changed since then, but if not, then it shows that the FA can act (and have acted) even if a ref has given a decision at the time.

How the fuck do the Red Sox survive with this set of cunts pushing the buttons? Is their MD someone as bad as Ayre? Is it Ayre himself? Has he positioned himself as the global solution to all Executive roles?

When Henry bought the Red Sox he had the best GM (general manager) in MLB Theo Epstein. GM in baseball is similar to a DOF except that in MLB every club has a GM. He was responsible for their success, they'll be lucky to come close to their highpoint without him. The people in Boston are growing nearly as sour on Henry as LFC fans are. Fact is they don't much about baseball either.

I've seen everything now. Police visited Ivanovic

Premier League: Police visited Branislav Ivanovic after he was bitten by Luis Suarez | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Is that the same police that did nothing for 40 years about the Glorified, Institutionally endorsed BBC Paedophile -Rapist, although several of his hundreds of victims asked for help/action from the police?

<<<<<<This

I thought the rules were that if the ref was aware of the incident (which he clearly was) and didnt take any action then the FA couldnt act retrospectively?

Also didnt the FA set a president by not taking action against Defoe for the same offence in 2006?

As i understand it the difference is that with Defoe, the ref saw the incident, but chose to take no action, with Suarez, the ref saw the aftermath, but not the incident, so it is different.

Broadly, although i agree with the priciple that games should not be retrospectively refereed and players should not be punished twice, I do think that, where video evidence is available, refs should have the opportunity to reconsider key decisions brought to them, even if they endorse their original call.

Biting is wrong. Biting twice is stupid. Of course Luis should stay, but he will also need to take his punishment- and rightly so.

Nah, I'm not defending him for that. Fuck off. I'll highlight the hypocrisy in the press, but there's no defending that prick.

You're the sort of prick who bayed for Rafa to be sacked I bet. If you just use your fucking brain then you'd see what is going on and how badly the sale of Suarez would affect us. We're talking relegation lad, if it can almost happen to a club like Newcastle with their options then it's really not a leap to see us in a similar position next year without Suarez.

What fucks me off about all this is that the unresolved Evra affair comes back to haunt him. The club fucked up, plain and simple. A canny lawyer blows that case to pieces and makes United, Evra and the FA look totally rediculous.

The club have handled this well - took control and dealt with everything quickly.

We got the type of response a lot have us have previously complained has been lacking, so yes, absolutely, credit to the club. I just had a look at the interview and Ayre was as unequivocal as he's capable of being that Suarez is going nowhere. We've done all we can, until the FA decide what action to take.

We got the type of response a lot have us have previously complained has been lacking, so yes, absolutely, credit to the club. I just had a look at the interview and Ayre was as unequivocal as he's capable of being that Suarez is going nowhere. We've done all we can, until the FA decide what action to take.

Some credit goes to the new comms director (or whatever the title is). Hired on Thursday, right in the thick of it Sunday. Acting swiftly and, in my opinion, appropriately.

Let's see if the FA can act accordingly.

Quite frankly, we'd be causing ourselves less damage if we sacked Ayre and appointed the Alien from the film Alien, and stapled a tie into it's chest, and taped a fucking mobile to it's head, and took it to a kids party.

mighty_red_school_09.jpg

I've seen everything now. Police visited Ivanovic

Premier League: Police visited Branislav Ivanovic after he was bitten by Luis Suarez | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Is that the same police that did nothing for 40 years about the Glorified, Institutionally endorsed BBC Paedophile -Rapist, although several of his hundreds of victims asked for help/action from the police?

The police just love 'investigating' soft 'crimes', especially those in the media spot light.

The media hullabaloo is going to result in a ridiculously over-the-top ban. I just know the spineless FA is going to cave into the media's demands to crucify him and hit Luis with a 10 game ban or something equally daft. The club needs to stand firm on this and point out that other players have been guilty of the same crime (Defoe) and all he got was a yellow card. Why should Suarez be treated differently?