You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was Jordan Henderson, or Jose Enrique, then the media wouldnt be giving a fuck.

The simple fact of the matter is that they want Suarez to move to a bigger club, that's the story they really want. They don't give a fuck about ethics, about behaviour, about Liverpool FC, they just want Suarez to leave us, which in turn generates two further stories, one being that he moves for a massive amount of money to a massive team, and the other side of the coin is that we are then fucked and could go into freefall down the league.

At no point, and you have to understand this, is there a moral highground at play. I saw Neil Custis from The S*N on BBC breakfast this morning, and he was telling the nation that kids will be replicating that in the playground, and that it was wanton thuggery. He was also joined by Kevin Gallacher, ex Scotland striker, as if that somehow added something to the discussion.

But I expected all this. A sane, rational club would ride this out and wait for another story to takeover. We, being the directionless smorgasboard of fail and imcompetence that we are, will likely panic and set fire to our own head in an effort to 'deal' with the situation.

How the fuck do the Red Sox survive with this set of cunts pushing the buttons? Is their MD someone as bad as Ayre? Is it Ayre himself? Has he positioned himself as the global solution to all Executive roles?

Quite frankly, we'd be causing ourselves less damage if we sacked Ayre and appointed the Alien from the film Alien, and stapled a tie into it's chest, and taped a fucking mobile to it's head, and took it to a kids party.

be interesting to see if the FA dish out retrospective action after last weeks tackle on luiz by aguero i think the FA have screwed themselfs

lets face it a nibble at someones arm or a 2 footed stamp....what 1 is more dangerous and career threatening?

i cant see how they can act after brushing that incident under the carpet

If this was Jordan Henderson, or Jose Enrique, then the media wouldnt be giving a fuck.

The simple fact of the matter is that they want Suarez to move to a bigger club, that's the story they really want. They don't give a fuck about ethics, about behaviour, about Liverpool FC, they just want Suarez to leave us, which in turn generates two further stories, one being that he moves for a massive amount of money to a massive team, and the other side of the coin is that we are then fucked and could go into freefall down the league.

At no point, and you have to understand this, is there a moral highground at play. I saw Neil Custis from The S*N on BBC breakfast this morning, and he was telling the nation that kids will be replicating that in the playground, and that it was wanton thuggery. He was also joined by Kevin Gallacher, ex Scotland striker, as if that somehow added something to the discussion.

But I expected all this. A sane, rational club would ride this out and wait for another story to takeover. We, being the directionless smorgasboard of fail and imcompetence that we are, will likely panic and set fire to our own head in an effort to 'deal' with the situation.

How the fuck do the Red Sox survive with this set of cunts pushing the buttons? Is their MD someone as bad as Ayre? Is it Ayre himself? Has he positioned himself as the global solution to all Executive roles?

Quite frankly, we'd be causing ourselves less damage if we sacked Ayre and appointed the Alien from the film Alien, and stapled a tie into it's chest, and taped a fucking mobile to it's head, and took it to a kids party.

is the right answer

Sums up a lot of how I feel about it.

From the day the Manc/London based media realised we have a genuine bonafide superstar on our hands they were going to push like hell for him to end up somewhere other than us. If Suarez played for the Manc's I'd bet my ballbag there wouldn't be half the controversy. I'd say they'd probably be running sob stories about his anger issues by now and how bad life was growing up on the mean streets of Uruguay.

He still fucked up big time on this one though.

This is on the website, if you don't have access to LFCTV

Reds confirm Suarez fine - Liverpool FC

I just looked at this bit from Ayre:

Have you had any contact with the owners regarding this situation?

Yes, of course. With any incident like this, any major incident at the club, we're in direct dialogue with the owners, always. I spoke to them last night and they were happy with the way we were handling the matter.

be interesting to see if the FA dish out retrospective action after last weeks tackle on luiz by aguero i think the FA have screwed themselfs

lets face it a nibble at someones arm or a 2 footed stamp....what 1 is more dangerous and career threatening?

<<<<<<This

I thought the rules were that if the ref was aware of the incident (which he clearly was) and didnt take any action then the FA couldnt act retrospectively?

Also didnt the FA set a president by not taking action against Defoe for the same offence in 2006?

Unfortunately Henderson or Enrique didn't do it! Because they have a semblance of control over their actions. It is entirely possible to be able to criticise his behaviour yesterday and be aware of the witch hunt building within our media, and wanting that dealt with.

The press smell blood -and will ramp it up to get what they want. We have to circle the wagons and let them know they won't. Play the game, invite the PFA in - but tell the FA to fuck off with anything 'special'.

Referee saw ths incident so couldn't do anything further. Which of course makes no sense at all anyway. But rules are rules and in this instance the correct rule was appliaed.

Ben Thatcher got a longer ban for the time he smacked Pedro Mendes, but that caused actual serious injury and was far, far worse than what Suarez did yesterday. To any normal person anyway.... But it seems that there are few of them left in the average football fan these days

Ha ha class.

No they havent. By their own rules they can't act as the ref saw the incident and took no action. Wrong imo and the rules should probably be changed but we are where we are.

Ivanovic and Rafa haven't made a meal out of it ( excuse the pun), the club have made the right noises, He has been fined, Luis has done a bit of grovelling and we are at the fag end of the season with all the silverware done and dusted. He will get a min 7 games and possibly a suspended sentence on top with a final warning. No idea what FSG will do but will be surpised if we get a knee-jerk response. I supect they will let the dust settle and keep their options open.

Luis can fuck off back to Uraguay next week and give the tabloid rags time to wind their necks in.

Part of Luis character is his uncontrollable and instinctive need to do anything to win a game. If the club via Ayre have attributed his actions (and subsequent discipline) to his character. I don't want him to lose his competitiveness, but I also don't want him creating my trouble for himself again.