You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Suarez Bite

Red Banjo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Barnes on 5 Live this morning - as ever the island of reason in a storm of shit.

I heard that interview as well. Why can't he be on the executive board? He's objective, precise, and offers balance when everyone else is busy resorting to hysterics.

By the way, I've seen people posting 'the ref saw it, the FA can't take any action'. Quite clearly he didn't see it, because he told Ivanovic 'I didn't see it'. So that clears that up. And even if he did see it, the FA can still take action in exceptional circumstances, such as when they hammered Ben Thatcher for his 'coming together' with Mendes even though the ref booked him for it.

He'll get a ban - should be a 3 match ban, and will be deserved. But fuck me, in the past month, Mcmannaman (forgotten), Goufrann (not even mentioned), Aguiro (forgotten) and yesterday Nasri (i'm ignoring the papers) have all committed far worse and gotten away scott free.

Sorry but a career ending tackle is far worse than a bite.

He deserves a club ban because he needs to fucking grow up, and that is the little fact that a lot of our press seem to ignore when they are on a moral crusade - we are essentially talking about young lads with young lads weaknesses. Suarez has patently curbed his excessive side this season, but there will still be flashes - it was indulged and condoned when Cantona did it, I see no reason why we should be any different.

The club have been good - respond quickly to the incident, but we should be nipping in the bud the inevitable band wagon (well done Dominic King, you scruffy cunt - working for a paper that idolises a murderer and hounds trannies to suicide, but you still want to moralise).

If I was Brendan every single interview, and press conference with the British media would be yes, no, good, not good.

I see plenty of comments almost making out we shouldn't be pissed off with him.

To be honest I think thats just too red tinted.

I still love Luis, I wouldn't sell him at any price, but hes fucked up yesterday. Big time.

I think "Whats the big deal, its only a bite" posts are missing the point.

Hes just gone and given the FA an excuse to ban him again. Which will probably end up being the first 8 games of next season or something.

Thats the big deal in my eyes.

I defended him to the hilt on the Evra thing because in my opinion it was a stitch up, well orchestrated by the Mancs and completely and utterly bamboozled the people at our club who were supposed to defend Luis.

In this case we can't honestly defend it. All we can do though is point to Defoe/Mascherano and any other similar incidents and make the point that Suarez shouldn't be treated any different.

Ivanovic was reportedly spoken to by Surrey Police when the team arrived back at Chelsea's Cobham training ground last night after complaints made to Merseyside police were passed on to their southern colleagues, who wanted to ascertain whether the defender had sustained any injury. That was found not to be the case and Ivanovic told police he did not want to make a complaint.

Chelsea also now consider the matter closed but will co-operate with any FA investigation should it be necessary.

Luis Suárez's Liverpool future in doubt despite apology for 'bite' attack | Football | The Guardian

Listen to yourselves, he bit him, he dit not kill him.

No one at the ground would have seen it either so the outrage mostly comes from those watching on TV.

To me anyway, I couldn't have given a monkeys if he'd bit him, kicked him in the balls, gouged his fucking eyes out...whatever...

Its the stupidity of the act that gives the FA an excuse to act is the problem.

Now maybe we'll get lucky and nothing will come of it. But I doubt we'll be that lucky.

You can't defend the stupidity of it. He has given the baying mob exactly what they wanted, and he has nobody to blame other than himself.

It will be a 3 match ban because it was a sending off - they can't start making up punishments because it as him.

I've seen 8 matches, I've seen a year, I've seen lifetime ban and sell him. The police were called in? Blimey. Now he's going to get locked up (no, but seriously). Where are people getting these numbers from? From the radio, the pundits? What punishment do people honestly believe is warranted? Is there a law set by the English FA for dealing with violent conduct - if they deem it as such? Yes. 3 match ban. Bringing the game into disrepute? I don't know what constitutes that exactly. But I do know Suarez got a one game ban for his finger gesture towards the Fulham fans. So that's 3+1 = 4. That's about as good as my maths get.

You can't defend the stupidity of it. He has given the baying mob exactly what they wanted, and he has nobody to blame other than himself.

It will be a 3 match ban because it was a sending off - they can't start making up punishments because it as him.

You are kidding yourself. Of course the FA can start making up punishments. Minimum 10 games, I expect nearer 20.

If it's any longer, it stinks. It's violent conduct, same as what Fellaini did earlier. he got 3 games, this is EXACTLY the same.

You can't bring the game into disripute for violent conduct - if so, then McMannaman and Aguero should also be done for bringing the game into disripute.

Simple solution 3 match ban by the FA and one extra by the club for being a naughty boy.

Did you type that with a straight face?

The defence of Suarez is based purely down to his ability, nothing more, nothing less.

And that's fine, but lets not pretend some of us are defending him for any other reason.

What the fuck was he doing biting someone? Jesus H Christ.

It's just as fair to say the attack on him from other quarters is in large part due to who he is. In other words, little to do with how bad the incident itself was.

Looking at it objectively, is a player biting someone (but not injuring him) any worse than a dozen other things players regularly do (stamps, elbows, two-footed kung-fu kicks) yet only get the standard three game ban for and next to no media attention? And compare the outrage to the reaction that greeted Defoe's bite on (ironically) our own Mascherano. Most people, it seems, couldn't even remember it, such was the lack of coverage at the time, and the FA deemed it not worthy of any further punishment than the yellow card he got, despite having the powers to go further as they did with Ben Thatcher.

I'm not defending him against any charge that he's a fucking idiot savant, or that he deserves a ban (who is?), but I will defend him against some of the more agenda/hysteria driven charges, like banning him from English football, his offence being somehow in a different league to what goes on every week on the pitch, or us having to sell him. Suarez' offence is really worthy of no more than a three match ban, although, in the current climate I'd expect Liverpool (if not the FA) to ban him for the rest of the season.

Guest davelfc

Yes he bit him, had this been an isolated incident in the career of a footballing genus then you could laugh it off. I found it quite funny yesterday evening, mainly because of the over reaction from the usual suspects in the media. Coming out of Anfield yesterday having heard from a few people that he bit someone, all I could think about was the games he would now miss, the unwanted attention our club would now draw.

Suarez had bitten a player before, been suspended and therefore he knows the shit storm that these things bring. Given the shit storm that erupted over the evra debacle (ignoring again the media frenzy) how on earth does a player put himself in a position where he will be in the same shit storm again. I can see why some might argue he's looking to 'get out' as when he did it at Ajax he left not long after. I don't know what goes on in the head of an unpredictable character like Suarez so I can't say why he did it. I just can't get past him doing it while knowing full well the implications.

We have little to play for now, although don't tell the match going fans that spunk upwards of £50 to watch the fizzled out remains of our season. Don't tell the lads that live in the city who work with bluenoses and await the derby game with anticipation. Imagine for a second that we still had silverware or 4th place to go for. How much harder is it without your leading goalscorer, without a genius like Suarez.

Yesterday he was a fucking idiot, he's let us down badly. He knows what's coming because as i said, he's been here before. He knows the media will lap this latest shit up. He knows it will be blown up out of all proportion.

Still I love the little maniac although I'd make it quite clear to him that this is his last chance, next time bite a fucking manc and make it a good one.

You can't bring the game into disripute for violent conduct - if so, then McMannaman and Aguero should also be done for bringing the game into disripute.

Simple solution 3 match ban by the FA and one extra by the club for being a naughty boy.

Why should the club ban him? Fuck that, it's violent conduct, it comes with a 3-match ban, there's nothing else to discuss.

You are kidding yourself. Of course the FA can start making up punishments. Minimum 10 games, I expect nearer 20.

They can't!

If it's any longer, it stinks. It's violent conduct, same as what Fellaini did earlier. he got 3 games, this is EXACTLY the same.

Exactly - had it been seen he would have been sent off for 3 matches, that is all it is.