You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anne Williams

RobbieOR

Before Joe Anderson said the flags were going to be at half mast I emailed the town hall asking if it was something they were considering. Obviously it was, but they also told me they would be flying them at half mast on the day of Anne's funeral as well (not sure if he mentioned that bit). Nice touch from a city that owes Anne so much.

Read about her a few months back, she did really have a horrible life, had a violent and abusive husband and left without having anywhere to go or any money. She brought Kevin up on her own and worked all the hours god sent to support him and bring him up in the right way. She then lost her son and had to endure this shit for the last 24 years and then was dealt another cruel blow by having cancer.

Very sad but shows how strong a woman she was facing never ending adversity in the face and refusing to give in.

Before Joe Anderson said the flags were going to be at half mast I emailed the town hall asking if it was something they were considering. Obviously it was, but they also told me they would be flying them at half mast on the day of Anne's funeral as well (not sure if he mentioned that bit). Nice touch from a city that owes Anne so much.

Good to hear that. Brave woman and deserves every respect.

An absolutely outstanding human being, who takes her rightful place in history with the total respect of her people. The unspeakable treatment of her and the other families slices all the deeper, when contrasted with that received by those falling far short of such an amazing lady.

We live in a completely upside down world, but even from a distance an inspiration like Anne keeps you believing in the enduring power of good people, despite the constant evidence to the contrary.

I've not a religious bone, but I wish with every fibre that she's once more heard the word she fought so tirelessly to prove had been spoken.

Heard this on the news this morning when going to work on Radio Merseyside, special when they played YNWA. Knocked me a bit.

Anne Williams re-united with her son, also John Glover, recently re-united with his son, two fighters. May they both now find peace amongst their beloved, they can now take the rest they so desevedly earned knowing that justice is close.

She is a women to whom every Liverpool fan should feel indebted. A woman of unusual fortitude and conviction, an utterly fearless campaigner. I can't begin to express my admiration for her; it is nothing short of extraordinary that she headed a fight against the slander of the British media and a vast government criminal conspiracy - because that's exactly what it was and it still is - managing to unravel the lies, the deceit and the cover-ups to unveil the truth about the worst day in this club's history.

It's altogether fitting that we're silent for the 96 on Sunday, but, even though I know it's not possible, I wish there was a way to include a one minute applause for this woman, who would not and could not be denied. All four sides of Anfield saluting her efforts is no less than she deserves.

• 2 weeks later...

Hillsborough inquest location set

Last updated 17 minutes ago

Ninety-six Liverpool fans lost their lives as a result of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989 Fresh inquests into the deaths of the 96 Hillsborough victims will be held in the North West, a coroner has confirmed. Lord Justice Goldring said a search had now started "to locate suitable premises" in the region. New inquests were ordered in December when the High Court quashed the original accidental death verdicts.

• 3 weeks later...