You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Well I hope not, that's why I just agreed with someone saying judge him at the end of the season. I don't hold out much hope to be honest though, he's way out of his depth in my opinion.

I think the sooner I accept that we are one of those clubs the better for my mental health.

I can picture the forum in 2.5 years time "Does Klopp deserve another season?" with people stating the frigging obvious as a reason for him to go "we're playing shit and there's no signs of it getting better", "he might have done it in Germany but who's to say he'll be a success in England?". It's all so basic and predictable. I agree Rodgers had lost it, at the moment he can't see the wood for the trees and is creating more problems than he's solving (Brad Jones in goal yesterday). But he doesn't know better at the moment, he's got to learn how to improve, just like inexperienced players do. He's the managerial equivalent of an 18 year old promising player, not someone at the peak of his game.

I honestly believe there's not a single manager in world football that LFC fans wouldn't find a reason to hound out of the club when going through a difficult time.

• Upvote 1

It remains to be seen what promise that 18 year old player of a manager will actually fulfill.

I imagine it being a lot easier to be a manager when you've got one of the best strikers in the world playing with a partner in blistering form, Gerrard reprising some of his best midfield performances, a supporting cast playing telepathically, and a kid like Sterling buzzing off it all.

More difficult when you've sold that world class player, his partner is busted by injuries, Gerrard is clearly fading, Sterling's confidence is gone, and you've destroyed the balance of the rest of team with a bunch of poor signings.

If he's the manager you hope he is, he'll have us playing better and challenging for the top four by the end of the season. If he isn't then we will have to move on.

• Upvote 1

Sensible. But he has completely lost the plot hasn't he? I think he'll find it tough to pick up the pieces.

I reckon so too, but pragmatism dictates that we keep him until the end of the season.  He may have turned things around, and if not, we will have had time to put his replacement in place.  

I don't like the idea of hounding Rodgers out either. Other than Hodgson I don't recall every suggesting a Liverpool manger should be sacked. I even like Rodgers but he has lost the plot and hes gone past the tipping point where he can pull it back. We need a further cash injection January for a striker and Keeper and he wont be trusted to do it. The media smell blood and I think he's not far off losing some of the players. We have team sheets being leaked and ridiculous selections and substitutions every week as the desperation levels rise. His head's gone and for his own good if nothing else he needs a tap on the shoulder as soon as possible

Brendan you dont have to win anything to be a winner Rodgers.

Lap it up now supah fanzz.

Dennis, just use your brain for once.  Pitching him out now means we're going to be without a manager.  We need to line up a replacement.  The end of the season would give us the opportunity to do just that. 

It remains to be seen what promise that 18 year old player of a manager will actually fulfill.

I imagine it being a lot easier to be a manager when you've got one of the best strikers in the world playing with a partner in blistering form, Gerrard reprising some of his best midfield performances, a supporting cast playing telepathically, and a kid like Sterling buzzing off it all.

More difficult when you've sold that world class player, his partner is busted by injuries, Gerrard is clearly fading, Sterling's confidence is gone, and you've destroyed the balance of the rest of team with a bunch of poor signings.

If he's the manager you hope he is, he'll have us playing better and challenging for the top four by the end of the season. If he isn't then we will have to move on.

The manager I hope he is? Shouldn't all Liverpool supporters hope he's a better manager than he's showing at the moment? I've no strong feelings towards Rodgers either way, I've learnt my lesson with previous managers, but I care passionately about the club and I don't see how being that club who gets rid of four managers in five years is in the best interests of LFC.

He's looking quite the forlorn figure of late and blundering wildly in his pronouncements to the press. He's also benefited from having absentee owners; no troublesome Mike Ashley staring down at him, or a hands on board of directors like the mancs have.

Maybe the best thing to happen would be for Henry to come here, starting with the Bournemouth match, step up to Rodgers and tell just as he showed faith in Rodgers by hiring him, now it's time for him to deliver. Put out a winning team because I'll be in the stands with the fans watching with them and listening to them.

You want to manage Liverpool? Many, many do. Start showing why we should keep you.

The manager I hope he is? Shouldn't all Liverpool supporters hope he's a better manager than he's showing at the moment? I've no strong feelings towards Rodgers either way, I've learnt my lesson with previous managers, but I care passionately about the club and I don't see how being that club who gets rid of four managers in five years is in the best interests of LFC.

If u dont like managers being sacked your in the wrong sport.

If kenny and rafa can get the sack am not sure why brendan is immune those managers actually won stuff with us not some runners up wooden spoon man.

You know whats worse than 5 managers in 4 years? Being totally mediocre.

Remember who we are? Anyone?

• Upvote 1

If u dont like managers being sacked your in the wrong sport.

If kenny and rafa can get the sack am not sure why brendan is immune those managers actually won stuff with us not some runners up wooden spoon man.

You know whats worse than 5 managers in 4 years? Being totally mediocre.

Remember who we are? Anyone?

So you agreed with Rafa and Kenny getting sacked too? I know I didn't but if you want us to keep rolling the dice until we hit the jackpot fair enough, I just don't agree with you.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Klopp, Reus, hummels & bender or gundogan. And that agbemayang fella. About 80- 90m. Sorted.

Throw in Subotic and Weidenfella and we have a deal.

Brendan is a good coach, but now he is having to be a manager, things are unravelling.

I agree with those who say that if we can, we need to make it to the end of the season.

Will we make it that far? I hope so. I wish no ill on any LFC manager, but sometimes the script is already written. He has the look of the man who knows the game is up.

So you agreed with Rafa and Kenny getting sacked too? I know I didn't but if you want us to keep rolling the dice until we hit the jackpot fair enough, I just don't agree with you.

No but them getting sacked doth not mean rodgers will win us anything.

Rather roll dice with a winner not a taffs tavern wooden spoon uri geller who rolls his dice everytime hes given transfer funds

Dennis, just use your brain for once.  Pitching him out now means we're going to be without a manager.  We need to line up a replacement.  The end of the season would give us the opportunity to do just that. 

I agree with you most of the time Stringy and you're right that waiting until the end of the season would give us more time to line up a replacement but I fear things have already gone beyond that and the game's up for him. Having a lame duck in charge until the end of the season is a worse option than giving him the bullet now , You can never plan these things in an ideal way and its always best to do the deed quickly rather than suffer death by a thousand cuts. The only way I see you can argue the contrary if you really believe he will pull it back. Not hope he will but have real conviction it's within his compass. I'm sorry I've felt for many weeks now he just doesn't have it in him.