You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

IF Mata was available we would have a good chance of signing him, I wouldn't worry about arsenal and spurs because mourinho would not want to sell to local rivals.The spanner in the works would be if Napoli came in as they are champs league and he worked with rafa.

If it was 27m I don't see why the board should block move, he is couple years older then Willian but he is proven in this league and can play a few positions we need filling.

IF Mata was available we would have a good chance of signing him, I wouldn't worry about arsenal and spurs because mourinho would not want to sell to local rivals.The spanner in the works would be if Napoli came in as they are champs league and he worked with rafa.

If it was 27m I don't see why the board should block move, he is couple years older then Willian but he is proven in this league and can play a few positions we need filling.

He is younger than Willian isnt he?

Are we trying to create a team of midgets?

Are we playing in the Premier League in Munchkinland?

Have we all forgotten what happened when Roy Evans produced a team of midgets who played pretty but ineffective football and got bullied by everyone?

I haven't watched him closely but that nzonzi would fit the bill in terms of size and adding a bit of aggression.

I'm not suggesting him as I haven't watched him enough but we need a strong dm and Michael Owen was talking about him in glowing terms during the stoke game saying he was a champions league player.

I haven't watched him closely but that nzonzi would fit the bill in terms of size and adding a bit of aggression.

I'm not suggesting him as I haven't watched him enough but we need a strong dm and Michael Owen was talking about him in glowing terms during the stoke game saying he was a champions league player.

No no no no no. He's fucking shite. A lanky string of bullying piss. Fits right in at Stoke. I wouldn't let him within sight of Anfield.

Are we trying to create a team of midgets?

Are we playing in the Premier League in Munchkinland?

Have we all forgotten what happened when Roy Evans produced a team of midgets who played pretty but ineffective football and got bullied by everyone?

Prefer footballers to [gormless] giants.

I wonder why Kelly isn't getting more chances? He seems to have huge potential and he's not done anything wrong has he? It just bugs me because he could stand in at either right back or central defence, and I really thought he was going to develop into one of our main defenders. I hope Rodgers gives him more time on the pitch in the near future anyway, and am sure he could've handled things well enough last night.

It's good to see Wisdom playing, but would like to see Kelly playing too. Maybe they could both end up solving issues for us in the future and also help us save money that we can then use in other areas instead of defence.

We've seen how many times teams like the Mancs have brought in defenders that we've thought were shite but they've at least been hackable for them, so if they can manage that am sure a player as good as Kelly could work for us and then do plenty more.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Potential silver lining from last nights injuries is that it may at last force the issue over getting what we've needed all Summer. A centre half. We always needed two - a proper long term replacement re Skrtel/Carra (vacant) and a back up (Toure). If this doesn't force the issue nothing will.

I wonder why Kelly isn't getting more chances?

Not match fit, apparently.

Potential silver lining from last nights injuries is that it may at last force the issue over getting what we've needed all Summer. A centre half. We always needed two - a proper long term replacement re Skrtel/Carra (vacant) and a back up (Toure). If this doesn't force the issue nothing will.

Yep. Over to you, FSG.

I wonder why Kelly isn't getting more chances? He seems to have huge potential and he's not done anything wrong has he? It just bugs me because he could stand in at either right back or central defence, and I really thought he was going to develop into one of our main defenders. I hope Rodgers gives him more time on the pitch in the near future anyway, and am sure he could've handled things well enough last night.

It's good to see Wisdom playing, but would like to see Kelly playing too. Maybe they could both end up solving issues for us in the future and also help us save money that we can then use in other areas instead of defence.

We've seen how many times teams like the Mancs have brought in defenders that we've thought were shite but they've at least been hackable for them, am sure Kelly could do the same for us and then more.

He's made out of prawn crackers, been in and around the team for over 2 years but always injured. I'm guessing the medical team can't trust him to make it through a game

It's going to be Sakho and Victor Moses on loan isn't it?

Didnt Barrett say/write yesterday that we've opened talks with PSG over Sakho?

Wouldnt hurt to get him in before Sunday. Not that i think he'd start, but if Skrtel should be fucked after a few minutes we are looking incredibly fragile.

I remember Kelly making errors when he was tried in central defence, Coates has made errors, and Wisdom has too, but that's partly how most goals are scored isn't it? The reaction to the mistakes seems over the top a lot of the time. If we had patience I'm sure they'd get better as they get used to playing more.

edit : Thanks Tom, Tyler. I hope we're at least patient with him and his injury issues and we don't do anything daft like sell him then.

I remember Kelly making errors when he was tried in central defence, Coates has made errors, and Wisdom has too, but that's partly how most goals are scored isn't it? The reaction to the mistakes seems over the top a lot of the time. If we had patience I'm sure they'd get better as they get used to playing more.

edit : Thanks Tom, Tyler. I hope we're at least patient with him and his injury issues and we don't do anything daft like sell him then.

We could always sell him to medical science?

Couple of outlets linking us with Sakho. I'm not getting my hopes up, the skinflint owners are done for the summer I reckon.

After last summers debacle it's hard to argue with that. But i'd be surprised if we didnt get at least two more in. Assaidi off to Stoke, and whilst i guess Ibe could be seen as his replacement it's a player for the first 11 we need to get in. And also after Toure's injury we really need to bring in another CB. Especially with Skrtel looking like he's both out of favour and could very well be sold as well.