You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

We've had some cracking links this summer, it has to be said. Nice word, isn't it? "Linked". Ahhh, i feel better just saying it.

So you are not happy we have been trying to get top players this summer?

Atleast the club has been trying to get the right kind of players, we have been unsuccessful this summer but I want us to continue to try and get the quality we have been after.If we have to be patient and miss out on some deals so be it as long as we continue to try for these kind of players when availible.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'll rather be linked with anyone than no one. The better the player we are being linked with' date=' the more intent we show and shows how serious we are. Applies to life.[/quote']

My original point was, considering we can't seem to keep our business out of the media, if we aren't even linked to anybody who could be called a 'marquee signing' (shittest phrase ever), it doesn't speak well of our intentions over the next week.

Of course, we might still do something. We need to.

A snippet about Sakho. If he has one year it wont be a loan then, we have to put some cash on the table.

Nasser al-Khelaïfi, president of PSG, reiterated in our Wednesday paper the club's commitment to keep Mamadou Sakho, who has been keen on a move to Milan. "This is a child of the club, just as Steven Gerrard is at Liverpool; players that it is hard to imagine wearing another jersey. I'm a little surprised that he wants to leave. I had a discussion with him. My position is very clear and he knows it: we want to keep him and we will do everything we can to do that. The defender is out of contract next summer and has rejected the club's new two-year-deal.

A snippet about Sakho.

Nasser al-Khelaïfi, president of PSG, reiterated in our Wednesday paper the club's commitment to keep Mamadou Sakho, who has been keen on a move to Milan. "This is a child of the club, just as Steven Gerrard is at Liverpool; players that it is hard to imagine wearing another jersey. I'm a little surprised that he wants to leave. I had a discussion with him. My position is very clear and he knows it: we want to keep him and we will do everything we can to do that. The defender is out of contract next summer and has rejected the club's new two-year-deal.

Interesting comparison to Stevie - sounds like a message to LFC. I read somewhere that he wants very much to come here.

Interesting comparison to Stevie - sounds like a message to LFC. I read somewhere that he wants very much to come here.

Sakhos situation is similar to sturridges at man city, he was there star young player but big money came in and has put bigger names ahead of him in squad.

He was very highly rated a couple of years ago, I just don't see us going for a left footed cb when agger is basically our first choice cb.

So you are not happy we have been trying to get top players this summer?

Atleast the club has been trying to get the right kind of players, we have been unsuccessful this summer but I want us to continue to try and get the quality we have been after.If we have to be patient and miss out on some deals so be it as long as we continue to try for these kind of players when availible.

Blah, blah. At least I tried to get her pregnant. It's not my fault my cock fell off.

Sakhos situation is similar to sturridges at man city, he was there star young player but big money came in and has put bigger names ahead of him in squad.

He was very highly rated a couple of years ago, I just don't see us going for a left footed cb when agger is basically our first choice cb.

Can`t really see the preferance of what foot you use when kicking a ball has to do with playing centerbaack. If anything it surely can`t be a dealbraker.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The quality of those 2 signings would need to be stratospheric for us to challenge for Champions League places.

I'd be happy enough with Sakho and Konopylanka. Anything less than that level and the owners have failed the manager, IMO. If it's Moses and Ilori, me might as well pack up.

PSG want to keep him so much that they only offered him a 2 year contract. Problem is if he became publicly available, a CL club would probably come in for him.

We need to decide if we want to sign 2nd/3rd tier players, or pay BIG wages and sign players eating at the big boy table. I don't have a problem with the first option, but stop acting like we are in for players that we cannot get.

Sakho is the best defender we could ever sign. He is superb.

But it doesn't matter what we say here, Sakho, Mata, Eriksen etc... The owners do not want to invest the TV rights money on strengthening the squad, maybe they'll sign a mediocrity on loan and that's about it.

The quality of those 2 signings would need to be stratospheric for us to challenge for Champions League places.

This.

Sakho/Konoplyanka and I'll take back everything negative I said about FSG this summer. Get Mata and I'll start a petition to build a statue of Henry at Anfield.

Too bad neither of those will ever happen. I expect a Moses loan and a cheap, unknown centre back with "potential to be something really special in 2-3 years."