You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What difference if we were? Links schminks. It's signings we need' date=' not jackanories in the press.[/quote']

How many big signings have we made in the last 10 years that weren't know about before hand?

What difference if we were? Links schminks. It's signings we need, not jackanories in the press.

Well seens we can't hold our own water judging by the fact every player we've signed or attempted to sign has been all over the press I'm concerned there is fuck all now in it. So much for us doing our business early, fucking clowns.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

None in this window.

None for more than a decade. So, my point is that if there's nothing about Kono or Titan or anybody else, it concerns me.

None for more than a decade. So, my point is that if there's nothing about Kono or Titan or anybody else, it concerns me.

Oh ok. You must be right, then. I share your concern. I'm concerned we're not linked with Messi. Even if we don't get him it will be nice to be linked with him, hey?

Just found this at the Guardian's transfer news page, from Paul Pogba's agent :

How much is Paul worth? Without a doubt: twice as much as Bale. The price for Paul Pogba was made by the Real president Florentino Perez, when he decided to buy Bale for €100m. At this point Pogba is worth at least twice that amount. It's not me who is making these prices up, it is Real Madrid.

I said last year that Balotelli was 'the Mona Lisa' of football and if that is the case then Pogba is a Salvador Dalì because of how valuable and important he is.

Transfer news latest (Bale, Lamela, Mata, Willian) - live! | Football | theguardian.com

We could always sell him to medical science?

Only if they offer at least €100m.

REDS CLOSE IN ON MESSI

Liverpool are confident of securing the services of highly rated Barcelona falsetto numero 9, Lionel Messi. Messi, a product of the Catalan club's successful youth policy, is deemed surplus to requirements at la Camp Nou and has fallen out of favour with the fans, who hate him.

The Reds value Messi at £25m but will be careful not to pay over the odds for a player on the wrong side of 26. Nevertheless, manager Brendan Rodgers has been given the green light to make a full blooded pursuit of the player as he looks to reshape his attack for the visit of Manchester United this weekend. The Anfield club have a warchest and the manager won't have to sell anyone honest cross my heart.

Written by Tory Biff

Read on Sky that Chelsea are close to signing Atsu from Porto. So i guess it's quite certain Moses will be loaned out, and even more questions to be raised about Mata.

Having Willian, Hazard, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Oscar, Atsu and Mata for 3 positions is surely overkill.

Doesn't that van Ginkel play there as well? I met a lad from Belgium the other night and he reckons De Bruyne is better than Hazard and will be one of the top players in the world in a few years. Sack Mata, lets get him in!

Reckons Mingolet is gonna be a top keeper as well and he's very highly rated.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oh ok. You must be right' date=' then. I share your concern. I'm concerned we're not linked with Messi. Even if we don't get him it will be nice to be linked with him, hey?[/quote']

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I just want to be linked. That's exactly the point I'm making. Well done.

Really happy we got our business done early it's been the best window for ages they told us...

So how does this work we desperately desperately need a cb, are we now in a strong position to negotiate and what happens if the price is too high?. Do they do what they did with Willian and Dempsey etc and say let's leave it till Jan.

Let's not forget we also need a quality left sided player or number 10, and I would like to see another mobile midfielder arrive. Oh that Sakho is apparently a leftsided cb as well so seems a strange one.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
We've had some cracking links this summer' date=' it has to be said. Nice word, isn't it? "Linked". Ahhh, i feel better just saying it.[/quote']

You see, the problem with missing the point and being arrogant is that you look a real clueless cunt to anybody with the modest intellect to understand it.

Strange them going for Atsu' date=' like Marin it just seems they're willing to buy any cheap well rated talent for the sake of a punt.[/quote']

Looking forward to FFP. Stockpiling attackers, just look at Chelsea and City's shotgun approach to it...

Schurrle - £22m

Moses - £13m

Willian - £26m

Hazard - £37m

De Bruyne - £13m

Oscar - £26m

Mata - £39m

Van Ginkel - £7m

Jovetic - £24m

Navas - £17m

Nasri - £16m

Silva - £35m

Milner - £16m

Just sat on a pile of attackers (not forwards/strikers either).

Just one of those players can make a big difference to a club like ours, even if they kept four each and let 5 go, that's 5 teams that could be more competetive.

The state of the game, honestly, trophies for sale. The FA and Premier League are just two willing sellers.

Edited by Funnneeeee

Yeah' date=' that's what I'm saying. I just want to be linked. That's exactly the point I'm making. Well done.[/quote']

I'll rather be linked with anyone than no one. The better the player we are being linked with, the more intent we show and shows how serious we are. Applies to life.