You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Henderson scored 6 in less than half a season when he got a run in the team, what makes you think he wouldn't get 10 goals in a whole season, he also had similar amount if assists in same period.

Our worst games last season, arsenal villa united WBA Southampton all came when he didn't play, better performances when he played

Charlie Adam could score ten goals from midfeild for us in a season, its meaningless without context, extreme example a player could score twenty goals in a season and score 30 own goals or concede 30 penalties

I do believe I said Allen is no better than spearing, and so far in a LFC shirt he certainly hasn't proved he is, hopefully I'm proven wrong in the future and he drastically improves. But given Ince has retired I can say without any fuckin doubt he is not in the top 20 midfielders of last 20 years.

Top 20 English midfielders in past 20 years I would say he probably is, there's a reason he played for us United and Inter, cunt or not he was a class player in his prime and I wanted him here when he was at Inter I used to watch him week in week out, he came here and did ok for a while I thought him and Redknapp were going to be ace together but never really happend. At his pomp he was good enough to breach that top 20. Dont see any argument meself, Id agree on the Allen/Spearing comparison as well to be fair.

Charlie Adam could score ten goals from midfeild for us in a season' date=' its meaningless without context, extreme example a player could score twenty goals in a season and score 30 own goals or concede 30 penalties[/quote']

You seem to have totally missed the point, it's quite an obvious assumption to say a player who scored 6 goals in half a season when played in CM could score 10 in a whole season, doesn't matter who the player is, wound you agree

Top 20 English midfielders in past 20 years I would say he probably is' date=' there's a reason he played for us United and Inter, cunt or not he was a class player in his prime and I wanted him here when he was at Inter I used to watch him week in week out, he came here and did ok for a while I thought him and Redknapp were going to be ace together but never really happend. At his pomp he was good enough to breach that top 20. Dont see any argument meself, Id agree on the Allen/Spearing comparison as well to be fair.[/quote']

Top 20 in the world is what he said, above Pirlo and Hamann, Petit, to name 3 off the top of my head, and there was a lot more he rated Ince higher than

he is better than Evra

debatable with regards to Clichy

not as good as Cole

better than Gibbs, not seen too much of Monreal at Arsenal but from what I have not much difference

better than Assou Ekotto

better than Baines in my opinion although accept most wouldn't go with that, Baines is a better footballer but I don't think he is all that defensively and am surprised this rarely gets picked up on

That's not exactly realistic in my opinion:

- Evra is a world-class cunt but even now when not on his best he's up there with Enrique (if not better)

- Clichy ais better imo but not by much, has more pace but Jose is stronger

- Cole is still better

- agreed on Gibbs, Monreal is decent I guess

- agreed on Assou-Ekotto

- Baines is better, defensively none of them is great but Baines is technically better

Realisticaly he wouldn't be even on Citys bench with Kolarov there as well, he would be up there with Arsenal left backs, Chelsea has better options. The only team who finished above us and they would make him a starter is Tottenham in my opinion. I like Enrique and if we can use him properly he can be a really good player and an asset for our team. But an alternative is a must (loan Robinson out if he's not ready). But as we all know we have more pressing issues in other positions..

Had a Manc tell me about their run in the league recently and how the City games were again going to be the ones to decide the league. It was at that point I had to remind him that David Moyes was now managing them. Regardless of them being Man United, Moyes is their manager. They are not the draw they were last season.

why are so many people keen to pay about 12million for someone who plays against League One standard teams every week?

Mkhitaryan latest is apparently he hasn't travelled to Vienna with the rest of the Donetsk team and the SD President had previously said he would travel barring an improved offer being made before hand

could well be twitter bollocks mind

I can confirm it is true, he has not gone to Shaktar's training camp in Tyrol, Austria.

On the 22nd Shaktar's official site stated: "The team has gathered almost completely. Today, Eduardo joined his team-mates. Henrikh Mkhitaryan is the only one who’s now outside of the Pitmen’s training camp."

Today, there is an article talking about their training session along with 30 photos, none of them include Mkhitaryan. Why is he not there, 2 days on from the second to last player arriving? Their season starts in 3 weeks.

Now we've got some comments from the CEO of Shaktar Sergei Palkin from soccer.ru, which in part look similar to things he said days ago with added nutty stuff.

General Director of Donetsk "Shakhtar" Sergei Palkin commented on the rumors about the transition Henrik Mkhitaryan in "Liverpool" - "only to clarify the fact that yesterday he had not appeared in the collection "Miner", but had to do it. For whatever reason - we do not know. If Mkhitaryan in the near future on the team does not appear, it will be fined" - said Palkin. Just how likely that Henry will be in the "Liverpool" - "He does not have any contact with "Liverpool"! I am confident that reports of negotiations with the club Mkhitaryan - just rumors. In the "Miner" from the "Liverpool" proposal regarding Mkhitaryan not occur." about why a player behaves "even guessing no no. Ask about it at him. I know exactly what conflicts with partners and coaches at Henry was not about wanting to leave the "Miner" we have not heard from him. Therefore, all questions about his behavior - to the very Mkhitaryan."

he is better than Evra

debatable with regards to Clichy

not as good as Cole

better than Gibbs, not seen too much of Monreal at Arsenal but from what I have not much difference

better than Assou Ekotto

better than Baines in my opinion although accept most wouldn't go with that, Baines is a better footballer but I don't think he is all that defensively and am surprised this rarely gets picked up on

Agreed, we've a pretty good left back in Enrique; stop moaning. We've other priority areas like the DM,

As long as we win more games and particularly against the top 5 then we will be in with a chance of Europe.

Overall points isnt the target we should be setting its purely about which position we finish in.

7th simply wont cut it but a close 5th and good cup runs would be a big improvement for me but I dont really know how the owners look at it. I think European football is an absolute must next season for the manager's sake.

As long as we win more games and particularly against the top 5 then we will be in with a chance of Europe.

Overall points isnt the target we should be setting its purely about which position we finish in.

7th simply wont cut it but a close 5th and good cup runs would be a big improvement for me but I dont really know how the owners look at it. I think European football is an absolute must next season for the manager's sake.

5th, a cup win, and good football will keep the natives calm

see the Manc media is in overdrive this year to try and cover up how shit an appointment David Moyes is

They are always linked with better/higher profile players than what they actually get but some of the names this year are laughable

Dries Mertens to Napoli for around 10M€. Good buy for Rafa at a good price, in my opinion..

Yeah sounds like a great deal that.

Though i wonder how much say he'll get as far as transfers go there. Cavani is bound to leave and they will get a shitload of cash for him, reckon he'd do very well with that money if he got to decide where it should go.

Yeah sounds like a great deal that.

Though i wonder how much say he'll get as far as transfers go there. Cavani is bound to leave and they will get a shitload of cash for him, reckon he'd do very well with that money if he got to decide where it should go.

don't all/most Italian clubs go with the Manager is just a coach method like in Spain with the President/DOF doing all the deals?

Personally think he has made a mistake with that job, Napoli are only going to go downhill now as I don't think they have the financial muscle nor the recent history to progress and attract new players and keep their stars especially as you'd imagine at some point Milan, Inter and possibly Roma will have a resurgence.

Hope I'm wrong and he does well there though, and keeps his hands of Suarez

don't all/most Italian clubs go with the Manager is just a coach method like in Spain with the President/DOF doing all the deals?

Personally think he has made a mistake with that job, Napoli are only going to go downhill now as I don't think they have the financial muscle nor the recent history to progress and attract new players and keep their stars especially as you'd imagine at some point Milan, Inter and possibly Roma will have a resurgence.

Hope I'm wrong and he does well there though, and keeps his hands of Suarez

Yeah, thats usually the model in south europe, for better or worse...

Dont think Suarez to Napoli is realistic at all, they would have to throw all the Cavani money at us, when they need to strengthen elsewhere as well to progress.