You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

No matter who we sign / don't. As long as the Suarez thing doesn’t carry on too long. The on going thing that he’s staying / going yet lo and behold at the last minute he’s gone but we’ve no time to spend anything received. Be quite sceptical about our status / aims if that happened.

So Moyes is taking his Everton assistants with him to OT.

I really hope he fucks this up, it will be hilarious.

we're about to see what happens when you swap a bunch of proven winners for a coaching team who's mentality for ten years has been that they'd be happy to come 19th providing Liverpool came 20th

on one hand, he got Everton 6th place last year with not many good players, so what can he do with Man U.

On the other hand, I believe him to be shit and would love it of they were out of Europe at Christmas and out of top4 by May, with us in 1st spot. (I can dream)

I think he should have taken small steps working with the old coaching set up like Paisley, Fagan & Dalglish did with us, not what Souness did.

we're about to see what happens when you swap a bunch of proven winners for a coaching team who's mentality for ten years has been that they'd be happy to come 19th providing Liverpool came 20th

Yep exactly, they're still in a hugely advantageous position, you'd have to really screw it up but it will only cause a slight decline to cause panic amongst their ranks. They're already understandably nervous, if they'd brought in someone who'd actually won something at the highest level they'd be less concerned.

It's going to be a very interesting season coming up for us and the Premiership in general, with three out of the top four in a state of change. Now if only we can genuinely get our act together this summer?

It still feels as though we're a year away from being a genuine top 4 team.

True, we've still two months of the window to go but I can't see any side seemingly making wholesale changes like us getting their shit together so quickly. We're likely to have about seven or eight new players in the squad by the end of August.

The team lacks steel. We don't seem to be targeting a 'Wanyama type' midfielder which we're crying out for and we have yet to land a dominant centre back. I'd also like to see upgrades on Johnson and Enrique but I can't see us addressing this before next summer.

The signings we made sound good but apart from possibly Mignolet we haven't improved the starting eleven as yet.

The team lacks steel. We don't seem to be targeting a 'Wanyama type' midfielder which we're crying out for and we have yet to land a dominant centre back.

Although, on the whole I am far more optimistic and positive about next season than you seem to be, I don't think anyone could disagree with that sentence.

Nailed it there mate.