You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Do we think we will sign any players that improve our first 11. I think so far Toure mignolet and aspas oh and Alberto seem to be players who improve the squad and options from the bench or for rotation but players who slot straight into the first team its only mkhitaryan who seems like one and that deal doesn't seem to be any closer than it was 30 years ago. Even if we sign mkhitaryan I don't see an improvement to the playing squad that suggest we can get anywhere near the other big five teams. My worry is we are going to try to be to clever looking for value and end up spending a huge sum on a group of players yet remaining were we are.

Do we think we will sign any players that improve our first 11. I think so far Toure mignolet and aspas oh and Alberto seem to be players who improve the squad and options from the bench or for rotation but players who slot straight into the first team its only mkhitaryan who seems like one and that deal doesn't seem to be any closer than it was 30 years ago. Even if we sign mkhitaryan I don't see an improvement to the playing squad that suggest we can get anywhere near the other big five teams. My worry is we are going to try to be to clever looking for value and end up spending a huge sum on a group of players yet remaining were we are.

I see us lining up like this next season

--------------Mignolet-------------

Johnson----Toure/other--Agger--Enrique

------------Stevie---Lucas------------

player---------Mkhitaryan------Coutinho

----------------Sturridge--------------

is it an improvement, well Suarez going would obviously be a huge loss so depends on how good Mkhitaryan is if indeed he does sign but I do think Coutinho and Sturridge playing from the start of the season will be a huge boost for us, Toure is a decent player but I'd rather not be relying on him as a starter all season so I think we need either a new centre back who'd hopefully be very good or if Skrtel stays will hopefully be back to his best, Mignolet is a big improvement on Reina in my opinion and I've left the right hand side position blank but I think one of the likes of Aspas/Downing/Borini/Alberto/Henderson/Sterling will fill that role depending on form and opposition and baring in mind that our front 4 is likely to be very interchangeable

if I am correct with my suspicions to how the window goes I'd say the first XI would probably be at a similar level to last seasons with the whole squad itselfs considerably stronger, whether that is good enough remains to be seen

Would be great if we could keep Suarez and he's fully focused on us next year.

A front line like below would be brilliant

Mkhitaryan-------------------------Coutinho

--------------Suarez----Sturridge-----------

If Suarez does go I'd hope we would bring in another forward

I don't think Toure is a better centre back than Skrtel that's a part of the squad weakened, but hopefully we get a top centre back to go straight into the starting 11. The attack will be weakened by Suarez leaving, although all these squad players will give us more options.

Daily Mirror has two articles on p50 and p51 today, facing each other. One is about Sunderland and quotes the Mignolet deal as £11m. The other is about us and quotes the deal as £10m. Quality work by the sports editor.

Anyone who uses a z in their name is a fucking tool. Just like on XBOX Live' date=' all them SniPEzzZZ pricks have blu-tac stuck on their screen when playing Black Ops.[/quote']

That's bullshit and you know it!!!

We play Modern Warfare 3. A much better game in my opinion.

A cup win? ahahahaha Brendan cant win cups, he's shit. Hopefully the signings will be good enough to cover his simpleminded philosophy.

You may laugh but I really hope his no. 2 (Pascoe?) really has some influence on him. All title winning sides started off by winning a few domestic cups. Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea. Winning a trophy of any kind instills confidence in a young team and may convince the slightly older ones to stick it out. He can also use it as a stick/carrot to get backing/money out of FSG.

I can see Aspas and Alberto being rotated with the likes of Coutinho and Sterling. Is wasn't so long ago we were looking to Sterling as our only creative outlet due to Downing and the rest going into their collective shells. We were in danger of ragging Sterling out ala Owen. We can't afford to do that again.

I can see those lads playing the cup games and once they find their feet there they'll be drip fed into the PL. Due to our dog shit cup exploits last season does it mean we'll be in an earlier round than normal in the League cup?

I can see Aspas and Alberto being rotated with the likes of Coutinho and Sterling. Is wasn't so long ago we were looking to Sterling as our only creative outlet due to Downing and the rest going into their collective shells. We were in danger of ragging Sterling out ala Owen. We can't afford to do that again.

I can see those lads playing the cup games and once they find their feet there they'll be drip fed into the PL. Due to our dog shit cup exploits last season does it mean we'll be in an earlier round than normal in the League cup?

We start in the 2nd round of the League Cup because we're not in Europe. 3rd round of the FA Cup, as normal.

The Tevez-sized hole in City's attacking line is just big enough for Rooney.

I know it will never happen. But would be funny if it did.

I actually think if City wanted him it would happen, like when Heinze wanted to join us it only seemed to be Ferguson who had a problem with it rather than the club themselves