You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Just to echo most peoples thoughts, we have added to the squad but I will be very underwhelmed without one or two players who will add to the first team and help us kick on.

Mignolet and Aspas will go straight into the team in place of Reina & Downing, both will improve us IMO.

Toure will also be in or around the starting team as well, I think he will be a big influence in the dressing room and will play a lot of games. Another improvement even given Carragher's swan song at the end of the season.

Don't know enough about Luis Alberto but he will be a squad player I guess.

We are trying to buy the Armenian and for £20m he will go into the team as well.

If that's it and we keep Suarez we should be a much better side next season, but if he goes we will really struggle to replace him

If that's it and we keep Suarez we should be a much better side next season, but if he goes we will really struggle to replace him

I agree it would be difficult to find any player who can replicate the impact Suarez has on the team as a whole...I would however like to see the win ratio with and without him in the team for the past two years.

If Suarez is sold I hope we sign a replacement for him and a top class centre half with a def mid if there's money left over.

I am slightly concerned though that the signings of Mkhitaryan/Aspas are his replacements - as I see Aspas as being 1 of 4 strikers that the squad needs and an option for the right and Mkhitaryan playing the AM role, therefore another top class striker is required if Suarez goes.

I agree it would be difficult to find any player who can replicate the impact Suarez has on the team as a whole...I would however like to see the win ratio with and without him in the team for the past two years.

There's a table on that link below:

Magazine: Stats that suggest Liverpool can cope without Luis Suarez | Radio talkSPORT

We score more goals..

Concede less..

Win more..

More points..

Without Suarez.

I think Juventus will be a real force next season, possible CL force.

That Paul Pogba is a fucking beast as well, but allied to that I also think Vidal is a World class midfield bastard, and then you have Pirlo and Marchisio as well, boom.

In defence they are solid, with Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, and Buffon.

And then with Tevez coming in, that's a big step towards the next level. They still need some top players like, but it's a return to form for Juventus, the cheating bastards.

I think Juventus will be a real force next season, possible CL force.

That Paul Pogba is a fucking beast as well, but allied to that I also think Vidal is a World class midfield bastard, and then you have Pirlo and Marchisio as well, boom.

In defence they are solid, with Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, and Buffon.

And then with Tevez coming in, that's a big step towards the next level. They still need some top players like, but it's a return to form for Juventus, the cheating bastards.

Buffon didn't look too cleaver in the last confederations cup match. Just a blip or can he be on the slide. Thats the problem with keepers. Their decline can be so gradual that only the teams fans notice it (Reina) or it can be a complete car crash (Bosnich), you just don't know.

My uncle worked in Italy he said every single official or person of authority he needed to deal with wanted a backhander ( not slap... Moneys ) he said bar none they all wanted a bit of cash before they would even do their job. He said its a cesspit. I've never been and to be honest my uncle is a bit of a cunt.

Maybe testament to the value of focussing on the team rather than making everything about one individual.

Or rather it is testement to how lazy humans are.

You see somebody superior in skill and you let them do the lions share as they are better at it than you.

If you were gonna race Usain Bolt would you give it everything you've got? You could go into cardiac arrest and the only time you see his face is when he's looking down on you as you breath your last!

I fear thats the attitude some of the players have got. We've had it since Michael Owen and some could say before even that.

My uncle worked in Italy he said every single official or person of authority he needed to deal with wanted a backhander ( not slap... Moneys ) he said bar none they all wanted a bit of cash before they would even do their job. He said its a cesspit. I've never been and to be honest my uncle is a bit of a cunt.

I work in IT here and have never encountered anyone like that in either private or public industry. All very professional. May be different in other regions and industries ofcourse.

I'll give Juve another season or two before they get involved in another type of scandal. They just cant help themselves.

Not just them.

Italian football in general.

If it wasn't for Belusconi AC Millans fate would've been on par with what Juventus got. Is it me or do they seem to have one major scandal every 20 or so years? The last two big ones were followed up with them winning the World Cup!

Maybe England should take note.

I work in IT here and have never encountered anyone like that in either private or public industry. All very professional. May be different in other regions and industries ofcourse.

Thats the wrong racket for corruption M B.

Public sector, council business and politics.

You're looked at as odd and untrustworthy if you DON'T take a slice off the top or ask for something to help "lubricate the wheels".

Thats not just in Italy, thats the world over.

Naples is where I think he went mainly, he was in the navy and left and worked on private boats/yachts for years. To be honest I generally take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Naples is where I think he went mainly, he was in the navy and left and worked on private boats/yachts for years. To be honest I generally take what he says with a pinch of salt.

Drop him a fiver and find out word on the street in Italy on the Mkhitaryan deal.

Sounds like he knows stuff

Why hasn't anything been done in England, Stevie Wonder could see that Ferguson handed numerous refs brown envelopes. He also let Nani and John O Shea give them head too. Ferguson used sexual favours to get his knighthood. He told Tony Blair he would suck his cock if he made sure he was knighted.

Why hasn't anything been done in England, Stevie Wonder could see that Ferguson handed numerous refs brown envelopes. He also let Nani and John O Shea give them head too. Ferguson used sexual favours to get his knighthood. He told Tony Blair he would suck his cock if he made sure he was knighted.

Top post that. Fergie was and will continue to be the most ruthless pimp in the country. He let O'Shea go when he lost his pretty boy looks and the Irish twinkle went out of his eye from pleasuring everyone from Big Sam to David Ellery. Poor bastard ending out his days in a kip like Sunderland. Seriously, the Russian mafia would have more heart than Taggart. Nani got lucky he retired. Poor fucker could have ended his days at Stoke.

The ruthless swine was grooming Cleverley and Wellbeck to replace them.