You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Di Matteo had decent players though, the thing which nobody seems to be saying in the media is that the mancs aren't playing much below their level, they've got some amazingly shit regular starters. Moyes is getting all the blame because nobody wants to point the finger at Ferguson for leaving them with Stugots.

Di Matteo had decent players though, the thing which nobody seems to be saying in the media is that the mancs aren't playing much below their level, they've got some amazingly shit regular starters. Moyes is getting all the blame because nobody wants to point the finger at Ferguson for leaving them with Stugots.

This. That they won the title last season says more about Mancini then that group of players.

I'm really upset with how shit he has been. Clueless beyond all belief and it all started so well with the league form being just right with losses and draws interspersed with wins. Since the new year he has gone all Hodgson, worse actually, and he's been nailing his own coffin shut which is impressive stuff all things considered.

Looking back those stories about how none of the players wanted to celebrate the Charity Shield win and he was surprised should have set the alarm bells ringing for all those who wanted him to bob along for the season and really fuck them up over a couple of seasons. He never ever was going to keep things going and thank Fowler for that. It's not as if he is a chancer or fraud. This is the Moyesiah in all his glory.

Twat.

Cleverly would struggle to get a game at West Brom or Fulham. Well beck has scored less in his career than Sturridge has since he moved to us. Evra is shit and slow, so is Ferdinand, Vidic and Van Percy don't give a shit. Carrick just passes the ball sideways and offers nothing going forward. Rooney is overrated and Janice eye is even more overrated than any footballer to ever play the game.

It's all Moyes fault though and Ferguson was a genius. I want them to get past Olympiakos and get battered by Real Madrid or Bayern.

They won't win it like Chelsea did or we did.

There is a school of thought to say that if as could well be the case Dave is toast if they go out tonight some of the players may not be busting a gut out there. They must know they can't win the CL and some may see Giggs in as caretaker as the right thing to happen for them and for the club.

I want them to stay in, just to feel more secure about him staying in the job, but if they have to go out I suppose I'd be happy with them winning 2-0 tonight and then going out on penalties or an extra-time goal.  That would give more than enough evidence of another "corner turned," especially if they could take a point or more from City this weekend afterwards.

I hope they go out tonight, then they will probably bin Moyes and put in some fraud manc that will galvanise them for the derby (ala Sherwood at Spurs) and they can grab 5th,with Europa League hangovers next season.

I never want them to progress in anything nevermind the quarter final of the fuckin Champions League.

This Moyes story is on its last chapter, no fuckin way will he get £100million or more time.

Its been fun while it lasted but surely the manc board are not blind, deaf and dumb?

• Upvote 1

This. That they won the title last season says more about Mancini then that group of players.

They got 89 points last season though, only six off the record.  While I agree with you about Mancini, it also says that this group of players are not as bad as some are made out to be.  They have a few crocks for sure but to say it's all down to Fergie / Mancini etc is giving Moyes a free pass, something he doesn't deserve.  He has also spent £65m since he's come in, while Brendan's net spend (don't you just love that saying) is only £71m.

So while Fergie has questions to answer, Moyes is most definitely a chump.

This amused me ..

Manchester United extend unbeaten run to two days  
1 hour ago
picture-219-1384426526.jpg?itok=-msG7d_1

Paul Watson

comments

David Moyes defiant after a promising run, writes Paul Watson... 

David Moyes has silenced the critics after his Manchester United side put together a run of 48 hours without defeat.

After Sunday’s 3-0 humiliation at home to Liverpool, many pundits speculated that Moyes’ job could be under threat.

But those so-called experts must now be regretting writing Moyes off after a gutsy two-day spell during which United haven’t even conceded a goal.

“People were very quick to criticise after the Liverpool result, but I knew after that game we had a much easier spell coming up,” Moyes told FourFourTwo.com on Tuesday afternoon.

“I always saw this period as being one in which we could avoid defeat and rebuild our confidence, and so it has proved. 

“I honestly believe we can push on and extend this run for at least another 24 hours or so.”

The real test for Moyes will come on Wednesday evening, when his team must play a match against another team – a situation that United have struggled to deal with effectively so far this season.

However, Moyes remains upbeat about the visit of Olympiakos and feels the unbeaten streak could continue.

“I think we can get a draw,” he explained. “I just know how much it’d mean to the fans if we could dig deep and get a 0-0.”

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/manchester-united-extend-unbeaten-run-two-days#Vl8YKW8td2mtXiCY.99

• Upvote 3

They got 89 points last season though, only six off the record. While I agree with you about Mancini, it also says that this group of players are not as bad as some are made out to be. They have a few crocks for sure but to say it's all down to Fergie / Mancini etc is giving Moyes a free pass, something he doesn't deserve. He has also spent £65m since he's come in, while Brendan's net spend (don't you just love that saying) is only £71m.

So while Fergie has questions to answer, Moyes is most definitely a chump.

Van Persie had a great season but City had a squad that was much better compared to Utd. Also they got given match winning decisions in their favour in crucial matches and at crucial times.

I don't buy this thing about having good players underperforming. They are now playing at their level and without Fergie's influence the teams around them have scented blood and gone for them.

But agreed, Moyseh is a chump.

Wonder if they're waiting for him to go out tonight to sack him because of people's suggestions he might have a performance clause in his contract, potentially reducing the payout he's due.  Technically - stop laughing everyone - he could still get them in the CL next year by winning it. 

If he does have a clause that say, says if they aren't in the CL next year then he can be dismissed for much less than the full 5 and a bit years bonanza, sorry, just coughed soup all over my sceen, that may explain their reticence to hoof him out the door til now.