You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best 3 live gigs you have been too

Bjornebye

There have been no singular gigs that I would class as the best live gig I have been to.

Noel this year was good, but more for sentimental reasons rather than the gig itself.

My best live 'gig' was a festival in Bilbao a few years ago.

Bullet for My Valentine (very good live) Skunk Anansie, Slayer and Rammstein on the first night

The Macabees, Gomez, Jeff Tweedy, Paul Weller, Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam on the second day/night.

Feeder, Coheed and Cambria, The Soundtrack of Our Lives, Los Compesinos, The Manics and Faith No More on the last day/night.

Thought Billy Talent were good the other week in Manchester, Band of Skulls were ok on Saturday but a boring after a while. Good at what they do though.

Seen Noel (as mentioned earlier), Clapton, Kings of Leon, Foo's and Prodigy ('95 Music for the Jilted Generation Tour) but never come away or reminisced about any of them being an amazing night that I would constantly rave about. Loudon Wainwright at the Philharmonic was good a few years ago and Tommy Emmanuelle in New Brighton 5 years ago.

Deftones in Feb could be good with the new stuff out.

Also my nan, who used to live on Penny Lane grew up with Paul McCartney and he was round having xmas dinner with us one xmas. After dinner Paul recieved a call from Ringo saying he was in the area and that he had a xmas present for him so my nan decided to invite Ringo round aswell for a wee cognac. Anyway, everyones had a few drinks and reminiscing about old times when my nan's sister - who is a world renowned clairvoyant, gets the idea to get in touch with our dear departed friends George and John. What unfolded was completely beyond the imagination of any man or woman. John and George appeared in my nans living room fully suited and booted with their guitars (Think John had a Rickenbacker if i recall). You don't need me to explain what happened next. An impromptu gig with The Beatles on xmas day (And to think some people will be looking forward to getting an Ipad this xmas). Anyway after they had finished playing, we all walked along Penny Lane to say our goodbye's when literally out of nowhere, a giant mythical Liver Bird swooped down from up above and picked up George and John, whisking them back off to heaven. So yeah, probably up there with my 3 best gigs ever.

Kind Regards

Franny Del Bullshit

Page and Plant NEC Birmingham 95 ish

Pink Floyd Maine Road Manchester 88

Theres 3 I cant split Marillion 84 Royal Court Liverpool , The Black Crowes (The Verve were support band) 92 Manchester Apollo and Pink Floyd Earls Court 94.

Its hard to split the Floyd 88 and Page and Plant gigs as Zeppelin were my idiols so to see them two together was unreal.

The Floyd 88 was more than you can imagine in terms of a gig.

Giant floating 40 feet sized pig with two lasers for eyes bouncing above your head.

Every house for about 3 miles from the ground had there windows open.

Floyd 94 was a pretty amazing concert but it didnt come anywere near 88.

Floyd are 100 times better to see in a outdoor venue then indoors.

The Who - Birmingham NEC 1989

Hawkwind - Reading Uni, can't remember the year. 90s, anyway.

Roy Harper - Mountford Hall. Remarkable for staying behind for an hour or so with the man himself, having a smoke, a chat and a few more songs.

Rep for Mr Harper as I have seen him a few times and every time is a experiance.

This is from his 70th birthday gig last year when Jimmy Page joined him onstage to play the same old rock.

[YOUTUBE]M2bdLAVHbQU[/YOUTUBE]

Too hard to pick a definitive three but Roger Waters at Hyde Park in 2004-ish would be up there. Radiohead at Virgin 05(?) were superb. As were The Dandies. Gomez at Hull Uni in '99 were incredible. Blur anywhere around 1992 were inspiring, The Damned earlier this year at the Picturedrome Holmfirth were the best I've ever seen them. Can't not mention Carter USM in the early 90's who, for a guy with a punk interest were the early 90's antidote to all the dance shit that was around at the time and their gigs were always violently great fun. Willy Mason at The Cockpit in Leeds in '07 was class, had a beer with him after the show. Jamie T in Leeds 2009 was also ace.

Probably easier to pick 3 shit gigs really but I think we did that a while ago.

Leaving festivals out of this. Really tough, leaving Arctic Monkeys (Cardiff Barfly), Refused (Empire), the Bronx (Cavern), Lars and the Bastards/Mad Sin (TJs - definitely the most intense), Rancid (one of the last ever gigs at the Astoria), Subhumans (TJs) and tonnes of other great nights and great memories out. Gallows and Pure Love (Lemongrove and Cavern respectively) close too.

Steve Ignorant - Crass: The Last Supper (SB Empire) Best Gig

Vandals/Audio Karate/God Awfuls (TJs) Best Time

The Pogues/Dropkick Murphys (CIA) Iconic, perfect support.

Hon mention to Bouncing Souls (anytime, anywhere... most consistently great time around).

Such a shame that we've lost so many great venues.