You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland away

Bjornebye

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a pleasant chap aren't you.

Yes I look rather foolish for the error on Assaidi's first name but then I'm not on first name terms with him like you are. I don't look quite as foolish as someone who's envious of Luis Saha though now do I.

By the way - Stewert is spelled with an "a".

Is your approach to match threads the reason you've been negged into fucking oblivion? I suppose it is.

Now calm down and have a pleasant evening won't you.

Oh right yes! I've been negged by the ever-so-clever members that populate this board so everything I say must be wrong. If only I were you, or Code, then at least people would respect my opinion. Sigh.

By the way - Stewart Downing is actually spelt "Anonymous", so you're wrong there too.

I'll be sure to keep up with your posts to make sure you don't call Gerrard "Stevie", Rodgers "Brendan", or Suarez "Luis. Afterall, if you do, it must mean you are on first name basis with them, and I could do with some autographs.

Yes, you are right. Im sure the rest of England agree with your assessment that having Saha was of less use to Sunderland than Henderson was of use to us. (I underlined so maybe, finally, you would be able to understand the simple point I was making.)

Stop making a mong of yourself and jog on.

Frustrated like most people on here, but I thought we played well & controlled practically the whole game.

I think we need to decide whether we are a pressing team or not, as we seem to do it for a bit & then lose interest & if we are intending to press, the defenders need to move up a bit.

Oh right yes! I've been negged by the ever-so-clever members that populate this board so everything I say must be wrong. If only I were you, or Code, then at least people would respect my opinion. Sigh.

By the way - Stewart Downing is actually spelt "Anonymous", so you're wrong there too.

I'll be sure to keep up with your posts to make sure you don't call Gerrard "Stevie", Rodgers "Brendan", or Suarez "Luis. Afterall, if you do, it must mean you are on first name basis with them, and I could do with some autographs.

Yes, you are right. Im sure the rest of England agree with your assessment that having Saha was of less use to Sunderland than Henderson was of use to us. (I underlined so maybe, finally, you would be able to understand the simple point I was making.)

Stop making a mong of yourself and jog on.

Sorry but I've got no idea about half of what you're dribbling on about and I've got better things to do than try to decipher the hysterical nonsense of a shouty little fucktard like you.

"Jog on" lolz.

Like I said, have a pleasant evening now.

You are a pleasant chap aren't you.

Yes I look rather foolish for the error on Assaidi's first name but then I'm not on first name terms with him like you are. I don't look quite as foolish as someone who's envious of Luis Saha though now do I.

By the way - Stewert is spelled with an "a".

Is your approach to match threads the reason you've been negged into fucking oblivion? I suppose it is.

Now calm down and have a pleasant evening won't you.

Limp.

Sorry but I've got no idea about half of what you're dribbling on about and I've got better things to do than try to decipher the hysterical nonsense of a shouty little fucktard like you.

"Jog on" lolz.

Like I said, have a pleasant evening now.

I know you have no idea about what I'm talking about. It's called sense.

Funnilly enough you're the only to have negged me for my posts. Which explains why I don't give a crap about "negs".

Ignore list. Come on here to give a reasoned opinion not argue with a fucking twat about downing first name.

Disappointed with what some are saying about Gerrard. He was playing a deeper role today and I thought our midfield controlled the game. Some of his passing was insightful. He wasn't "dire" as some are allowing themselves to believe.

The biggest problem I saw was how easily we gave the ball away in the final third. Shelvey was particularly guilty, but did make amends with some efforts on goal. I feel we need to slow things up sometimes in their half. We seem in a rush to get to goal, and we find ourselves lacking options once we do get up there.

Borini is a bit of headless chicken at the moment. He needs to played more centrally, as only goals will settle him down. He's not going to get too many chances doing what he is doing at the moment.

Suarez, as Waddle mentioned, was a waste on the left. It wasn't until he played more centrally that he came alive for us. The problem with him playing off of the main striker is that he tends to give the ball away. What annoys me further is he is quick to blame his teammates for his mistakes. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make way to fund a decent striker in January, as the constant booing he is receiving would tempt anyone out of the door.

Overall, a positive performance, and we deserved more than a point. I think if we can give a couple more youngsters a chance (Amoo and Yesil) we might make it to January with a decent chance of attracting a striker to replace Suarez and perhaps make a surge for the European places. We're already a long way behind, but I think the competition is more evenly spread in the league this year, meaning a good run in winter could really jump us up the league and set us up nicely for next season.

Disappointed with what some are saying about Gerrard. He was playing a deeper role today and I thought our midfield controlled the game. Some of his passing was insightful. He wasn't "dire" as some are allowing themselves to believe.

The biggest problem I saw was how easily we gave the ball away in the final third. Shelvey was particularly guilty, but did make amends with some efforts on goal. I feel we need to slow things up sometimes in their half. We seem in a rush to get to goal, and we find ourselves lacking options once we do get up there.

Borini is a bit of headless chicken at the moment. He needs to played more centrally, as only goals will settle him down. He's not going to get too many chances doing what he is doing at the moment.

Suarez, as Waddle mentioned, was a waste on the left. It wasn't until he played more centrally that he came alive for us. The problem with him playing off of the main striker is that he tends to give the ball away. What annoys me further is he is quick to blame his teammates for his mistakes. Wouldn't be surprised to see him make way to fund a decent striker in January, as the constant booing he is receiving would tempt anyone out of the door.

Overall, a positive performance, and we deserved more than a point. I think if we can give a couple more youngsters a chance (Amoo and Yesil) we might make it to January with a decent chance of attracting a striker to replace Suarez and perhaps make a surge for the European places. We're already a long way behind, but I think the competition is more evenly spread in the league this year, meaning a good run in winter could really jump us up the league and set us up nicely for next season.

A good post in full.

Gerrard in his post match interview pointed out that change was going to take time, mentally the team were not strong last year. Rectifying that is probably a bigger task for Rodgers than the playing side.

Fucks sake, must we have this shite every time we fuck up? We are rather shite and it's high time some on here realised this and accepted it. Fucking cry babies.

Anthony stop making sense you bewildering potherb. Make your mind up FFS.

Are we shite or not. Are we fucking cry babies or not. It's high time we knew.

'We are rather shite' Fucking excellent

Suarez on the path to score 28.5 league goals this season if he keeps his standards up like he has done so far. Given he won't be suspended, so maybe 25 league goals. Now it's up to the rest of the lads to raise their fucking game and be more accurate with ther shots. Some truly appalling misses today and we should have beaten this side if we had been more clever in front of their goal.

Suarez on the path to score 28.5 league goals this season if he keeps his standards up like he has done so far. Given he won't be suspended, so maybe 25 league goals. Now it's up to the rest of the lads to raise their fucking game and be more accurate with ther shots. Some truly appalling misses today and we should have beaten this side if we had been more clever in front of their goal.

Correct.

We could have had 2 corners if we hadn't fucked around at the back, I don't think it needs to be lumped up to the front but I see no point in constant sideways and backwards passes. keep possession with short passes sure but do it going forward at the same time and do it fucking quickly!

Shearer agrees with me, maybe I was wrong.

I clearly know fuck all about football. I said earlier we would fuck them. Royally. I probably should be horse-whipped. HOWEVER there were positives. I thought Stevie improved as the game went on as did Shelvey after a shocking 1st half (id have subbed him at half time for Sahin).

We gave them too much space at times and we clearly miss Lucas positional sense in snuffing out danger yet despite this we found it very very easy to get in their box today and with more brains in the final 3rd could have won at a canter.

Disappointed he brought Christian Bale on instead of Oussama and wanted to see Sahin play some part. Borini at the moment has Dirk-itis but I can see him coming good. I Hope. I think. I know.

Shearer talking broken biscuits on MOTD, 'Yes, I think that was a fair result'.

Get fucked.

We fucking battered them, but our lack of firepower is alarming.

I found his bit about Allen interesting. People have blasted Lucas for passing backwards and sidewards and choosing the easy option (even though he doesn't) and been drooling over Allen, yet so far from the few games that have been played where Allen has been in the Lucas role he has rarely made any forward passes, whereas Lucas makes a lot of forward seeking passes. Allen possesses a really good passing range and vision, it would be nice if tried a few more forward passes even if he isn't being deployed to do that currently.

I thought we played reasonably well but it was just the same old story of needing loads of chances to get just one goal and conceding with the only real chance the opposition had. Even when he's having a good game (and I thought for the most part he had one today) Johnson always seems to have one or two really bad defensive lapses and it just wasn't good enough from him for the goal today. This probably would have been considered a reasonable result had we made a decent start to the season but the longer we go without getting that first win the more agitated people are going to get. At least we didn't lose and this is the first time in quite a while I can remember us actually getting something after going a goal down but mostly it just seemed like another 2 points thrown away.

Well, you could say we're on course to challenge for the Championship next season.

I see that challenge fading before Xmas next season. Possibly an injury may contribute.

A small part of me is worried, that the owners see a parachute payment as an income stream.

Q: When is BR going to play FB at CF???

SUAREZ IS NOT A CENTRE FORWARD.

Time and time again today we saw Stirling and Johnson cross the ball to a box of Sunderland defenders.

Even Michael Fucking Owen could have scored a hatrick today, on the crosses provided.

On a more positive note, Reina is a skilled boot changer, and we moved up the table, as duly recorded in my signature.

There were a lot of positives about today. We played quite well and really should have won. The negative is a glaring, obvious one, which of course should have been addressed at the end of the last window. If we don't start finishing off the chances I fear that by January any possible chance of fourth (I'm optimistic!) will be gone.

It's a work in progress. There is nothing wrong with how we played today. Oh, and well done Raheem. I was in favor of a rest for the lad after starting to play so much lately, but he started again and was one of the better players on the pitch. Again.