You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will kenny still be in charge next season?

marcus50bucks

Will Kenny still be in charge next season?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Will Kenny still be in charge next season?

See the Offal has closed ranks a bit, turned off the comments section on their articles

If gobshites masquerading as fans are calling for his head and undermining him after less than one full season in charge, I don't blame them for refusing to give the time of day to that bullshit.

Some of the tools around here would do well to consider what the words "The Liverpool Way" mean, before coming out with all their counter-productive, knee-jerk, small-club, panicky bollocks.

Kenny deserves another season to see if he can turn things around in the league. I know the argument can be made to stop the rot and make a change, but what's to say that will be successful? And without a bottomless pit of money and the advent of FFP rules, we will have to view this as a 3 year project to begin to see where we are at.

This.

I voted 50-50, mainly because of two factors.

Firstly i'm not sure if it's me worrying but Kenny's looking tired, and i wonder if he underestimated how much the pressure of management would effect him. The whole Suarez affair has shown how little quality leadership is emanating from those supposedly higher up to ease the load on his shoulders.

Secondly, i have absolutely no idea where FSG stand, on almost any issue. They dithered wth Hodgson when everyone said they were ruthless in their baseball strategy. Were they trying to avoid appointing Kenny, knowing he'd be practically unsackable or do they genuinely believe in giving a manager time to rectify his own mistakes?

Right now i'd give my eye teeth for an MD i had faith in.

he deserves another season but i've got a feeling he will leave of his own accord....

if we get beaten by everton i reckon he will make the decision to step down, if we win the cup i reckon he will say 'here you go, put the pride back in the club now move forward with someone else'.

our current setup and squad is too far away from challenging for the top 4 next season without real changes.

I hope he gets another shot and a decent kitty.

I voted 50-50' date=' mainly because of two factors.

Firstly i'm not sure if it's me worrying but Kenny's looking tired, and i wonder if he underestimated how much the pressure of management would effect him. The whole Suarez affair has shown how little quality leadership is emanating from those supposedly higher up to ease the load on his shoulders.

Secondly, i have absolutely no idea where FSG stand, on almost any issue. They dithered wth Hodgson when everyone said they were ruthless in their baseball strategy. Were they trying to avoid appointing Kenny, knowing he'd be practically unsackable or do they genuinely believe in giving a manager time to rectify his own mistakes?

Right now i'd give my eye teeth for an MD i had faith in.[/quote']

You make a very good point about the paucity of the management staff at the club. During his first tenure, KD was able to rely on support on and off the training pitch from people of a certain calibre, people Dalglish knew well and trusted. He's fighting a relatively lonely battle now, and he has less energy than before.

I can understand people saying they think he deserves another season, but how people can add on they hope he has money to spend is beyond me. Kenny should never be allowed to sign a player for this club again.

His signings have sent the club back years, literally years.

I can understand people saying they think he deserves another season, but how people can add on they hope he has money to spend is beyond me. Kenny should never be allowed to sign a player for this club again.

If you're not going to give him money then you may as well get rid of him. He needs the tools to do the job.

I agree.

If Kenny completes the domestic cup double, he joins only three other managers in the history of the English game to achieve that, George Graham at Arsenal, Mourinho at Chelsea, and Houllier here.

He has a huge sense of history, it is not surprising that with us already qualified for Europe, he is concentrating on the FA Cup now.

we have been a cup team since 2000-2001. Winning cups competitions is now what we do best. Our most experienced and decorated current players have been winning cup competitions since their late teens or early 20's. They know how to do this. we've won 7 cups? (uefa, league, fa cup 2001, league cup2003, CL 2005, FA 2006 and league cup 2012) in 11 years which isn't bad going if you also consider we lost 2 cup finals in that time also but we've had 2 serious league challenges in that which fell away long before the end just like what is happening to city because we didn't get ourselves far enough ahead of united to allow for the inevitable dropping points in the run in. The problem was that was as good as it got for us in terms of league challenges and most of the players involved in the 2002 challenge were gone by the time we challenged again in 2009 which meant we only had a couple or 3 players who had experience of being in a position to win the league.

I've realised over the last 24 hours that Kenny has a really difficult job on his hands. what he has done already though is rekindled our desire and our ability to win cup competitions. we've gone close in only the CL since winning the FA cup in 2006 (final 2007, last 4 in 2008, last 8 2009?, last 4 of the europa 2010) because that was our priority mainly due to our league form peetering out at some stage to leave us well off the pace for the league. The old saying was "...2nd is nowhere" well now 5th is nowhere because you're outside the CL places. It didn't matter all that much that we didn't win anything as long as we qualified for the CL. Now we're not in the CL or the europa we've still got 2 cups to play for and look whats happened - we've already won one and we're in the last 4 of the other.

2001 - uefa, league cup, fa cup, CL qualification

2002 - last 8 of CL, 2nd in league

2003 - league cup

2004 - qualified for CL

2005 - champions league, carling cup final

2006 - fa cup final, qualified for CL

2007 - champions league final, qualified for CL

2008 - champions league semi final, qualified for CL

2009 - champions league QF, 2nd in league

2010 - europa league SF

2011 - europa last 16

2012 - league cup and semi final of FA cup

The problem Kenny or any other manager has is this: we are a cup team and have been for the last 11-12 years. We have never built on consecutive top 4 finishes to win the league because we only know how to win cups or progress in cup competitions. kenny or a new manager has to change our mentality and teach us how to win leagues. When he took over in 85 he had the pressure of taking over a successful team in our most successful era. he brought in barnes, aldridge, beardsley etc but those players were joining a team with hansen, grobbelaar, lawrenson, whelan, rush who had won league after league after league. Today kenny has a team were the most experienced players have never won a league but know how to win cups so not only does he have to create a mentality of how to do well in the leagues in the new players but also in the players who are already here.

I think he will make the decision himself at the end of the season.

If he gets money to spend and wants to he will do another year but without money or support he will do the honourable thing.

The problem is in the second paragraph.

Having brought in several players, FSG will say, financially, "make the money work- you bougt them ", but also from a footballing side, players and manager need time to find the right blend. So there is a strong case for no big spending .

If Kenny "fesses up and says that he has got it wrong, he will almost certainly be told to trade out of trouble. Why would FSG risk net cash when the first round went wrong? But that would mean Kenny having to buy better with less, because we will make some horendous losses on recent signings. If he couldn't find the goods at Harrods, will he do any better at Aldi?

But a mangerial change guarantees player churn and big losses - so I can't see FSG pulling the trigger. Also from kenny's viewpoint a Cup and europe is progress. This is his last big job, he was out of work for ten years before, and he won't get another crack at the big-time, he won't walk away.

Add those two factors and Kenny will be around definitely till the end of nexy season, and probably till the end of his contract.

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't work. There is no middle ground here. Either Kenny continues as manager and gets to spend as usual, or he leaves. It makes no sense having him manage the club with his hands tied.

It's difficult enough as it is.

In all this mess,there is one thing I'm certain of,however much all this is hurting us,it's hurting Kenny more.

I am becoming seriously concerned for his health,he looks haggard and drawn and the present shambles is certainly not doing him any good.

If Kenny wishes to carry on,I'm right behind him doing so but I'm beginning to wonder if he would be doing the best thing for himself if he stood down at the end of the season.

I think the outcome of our FA cup game(s) will determine his further involvement, whether he wants it to or not. I'm still undecided myself. If there had been an outstanding candidate out there wanting to manage us I'd make a change, but we're back to the same scenario as when we sacked Rafa imo. We're not that attractive a project for the top managers and/or players to join us.

Oh, and a couple of my Manc "mates" sent me these, I have to admit I laughed a little at the first one:(

kenny-dalglish-delusionist.jpeg

6e7c8bf27a3c21da1cbfefa47977d862.jpg

they do carry an element of truth though...

The first one is pretty snide. But coming from Manc 'mates' I'm not surprised. Still I'm sure we've done worse to Ferguson. Have you sent them funny pictures that we've shopped of him?

The first one is pretty snide. But coming from Manc 'mates' I'm not surprised. Still I'm sure we've done worse to Ferguson. Have you sent them funny pictures that we've shopped of him?

That one of him bumming Webb should travel in the opposite direction.

Some bad, bad whoppers on this thread.

I think he will stay, but I voted 50/50 because you just don't know what the owners are thinking. Right now things do not look good and there is a lot of thinking to be done about how we are going to move forward. We've spent £50 million on two strikers who can't score, we've bought players who don't seem to have the mental strength required to play at a top club, and we have seen no signs of overcoming the problems we have faced since day one of the season. We are atrocious in front of goal, and we seem to let the opposition score every time they have a shot on goal. We are nearing the end of the season and we have still seen no signs as to what Kenny feels that his strongest team/formation is, etc.

My gut feeling is that he will get another year at it, but there is no doubt that this season has been a huge disappointment.

Repeatedly, so I've nothing to complain about in that regard. My brother-in-law has been subjected to quite a few, so much that Christmas dinners have been few and far between the last years;)

Apologies if anyone was offended, but surely we can laugh at ourselves as well?

It 's a close call probably to close to call if he will be in charge next season.

He wont get sacked or I mean it will be put as he gives up the managerial role at the club.

The problem facing us is he was seen as the only person to be able o restore us back amongst the contenders.

There is only a couple of options who imo might do that.

Both of them various sections of the fans want or dont want here,Rafa being one and the overcoat being the other.

Both would want a well above average warchest to start with.

If it that funding was available then to me its a easy choice and that is the overcoat.

I think it all depends on what the owners want most at the end of the day.

If they think Kenny has a chance to get us back to a champions league place after next season,I would expect him to be in charge next season, as he will want the least funding.

I actually think John Henry wants another manager and has done since the Suarez episode to be honest.