You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive always liked him from the bits and pieces weve seen of him since hes been here.....

What i like about him the most is that hes extremly comfortable with both feet like all proper footballers should be .... hes never really had a run of games which is a shame as im sure he would do well , hes definatly a Liverpool player......

....You can see the hunger and desire to do well , the potential is blatently there with him , i just hope he gets a fair chance to make it here.

His reaction to Skrtle slapping him was class,looked like he was gona crack him back

He has a presence on the football field that a player at his age shouldn't have and could simply never be taught.

He struts, he doesn't walk. Put that down to his presence, arrogance or onfidence, I don't really care. He showed for the ball, trusted his ability and went for it.

Call me all the names under the sun, but what I saw of Jonjo yesterday, and against Oldham (even down to the way he runs) was a little glimmer of a young Gerrard. Not saying right now, but he may be, possibly in there somewhere, someday. He can only benefit from playing alongside Gerrard too. So who knows?

Call me all the names under the sun, but what I saw of Jonjo yesterday, and against Oldham (even down to the way he runs) was a little glimmer of a young Gerrard. Not saying right now, but he may be, possibly in there somewhere, someday. He can only benefit from playing alongside Gerrard too. So who knows?

He obviously lacks Gerrard's power and pace, but he has a very appealing manner; a confidence and bravery that can only help.

He played well last night, looked a good player.

I think we were looking for the experience and composure of Adam, and the legs and youth of Henderson. Henderson can run for days, it's just sometimes he's doing it with no positive effect. Combined, Adam and Henderson might have been looked at (on paper) as suitable replacements for Gerrard with support from Lucas? I don't know. It was hard to know what Jonjo was going to become. The times out on loan helped him a great deal. He looks far more composed now than when we first saw him at 18.

I think we were looking for the experience and composure of Adam, and the legs and youth of Henderson. Henderson can run for days, it's just sometimes he's doing it with no positive effect. Combined, Adam and Henderson might have been looked at (on paper) as suitable replacements for Gerrard with support from Lucas? I don't know. It was hard to know what Jonjo was going to become. The times out on loan helped him a great deal. He looks far more composed now than when we first saw him at 18.

Yeah i realise why but quite honestly i dont think we'd have had a worse points tally giving Spearing and Shelvey more games.

Dont mean to be a negative fuck, but makes you wonder if we really needed Adam and Henderson with Spearing and Jonjo coming through...

Yep. Welcome to the World of Wasted Millions.

Shelvey's been there all season as well, just waiting, patiently, and training hard, getting his head down. It's not like we just discovered him last week.

Coady could do what Adam has done.

That's £25m that could have been spent on a proper right winger, as opposed to playing Henderson right midfield every week. Lunacy.

We're an odd team really, we play Suarez as an out and out forward, which isn't his position. We play Henderson wide right, which isnt his position, we play Gerrard centre mid which isnt his position, we play Kuyt as a winger, which isnt his position, we play Bellamy as a winger which isnt his position, we play Maxi on the bench which isnt his position...

Yep. Welcome to the World of Wasted Millions.

Shelvey's been there all season as well, just waiting, patiently, and training hard, getting his head down. It's not like we just discovered him last week.

Coady could do what Adam has done.

That's £25m that could have been spent on a proper right winger, as opposed to playing Henderson right midfield every week. Lunacy.

We're an odd team really, we play Suarez as an out and out forward, which isn't his position. We play Henderson wide right, which isnt his position, we play Gerrard centre mid which isnt his position, we play Kuyt as a winger, which isnt his position, we play Bellamy as a winger which isnt his position, we play Maxi on the bench which isnt his position...

Shelvey does have a bright future if he can fulfil his potential. This would have been the perfect season for him to really break through. But with us signing Adam and Henderson his chances have been limited and that has certainly held him back, tho i guess the Blackpool loan did him good. I hope he gets to stay in the team for the rest of the season, if not against Everton on saturday, certainly in the rest of the prem games. For him to develop into the player his potential suggest he can become, he needs games. Looking at him play you wouldnt imagine he's just turned 20, and im not talking about how he looks, but how he plays.

Very unlikely but, for next season i'd hope we shipped off the signings that clearly has not worked out, brought in a quality defensive midfielder to play alongside Lucas, or flat out replace him if he can't come back from his ACL injury. And then gave Shelvey the chance to prove himself, and also bring in a couple of top attacking players, aswell as playing Gerrard in his best position consistently.