You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Once he develops the physical side of the game he'll be a great player. Unfortunately the management seem intent on destroying him, allowing the headless chicken that is Henderson time to nurture his minimal talent. GRRRRR! Should have just kept him at Blackpool. Two of our most promising players (Coates and Shelvey) can't be very pleased with the way the management are monitoring their progress...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once he develops the physical side of the game he'll be a great player. Unfortunately the management seem intent on destroying him, allowing the headless chicken that is Henderson time to nurture his minimal talent. GRRRRR! Should have just kept him at Blackpool. Two of our most promising players (Coates and Shelvey) can't be very pleased with the way the management are monitoring their progress...

The young players like Coates, Shelvey and Flanagan have been ruined this season by the management.

I don't understand why we can't send him back to Blackpool?

He was happy there and I recall Blackpools manager being interviewed saying they'd be looking to take him back once our injuries/suspensions cleared up.

I'm not 100% sure but you can only go out on a short term loan for only 3 months, which he pretty much nearly completed before we recalled him

I'm not 100% sure but you can only go out on a short term loan for only 3 months, which he pretty much nearly completed before we recalled him

That's all about to change as well isn't it. Aren't UEFA doing away with all these out of window loan deals that the championship clubs use? Will make it even more difficult to get young players the experience they need.

That's all about to change as well isn't it. Aren't UEFA doing away with all these out of window loan deals that the championship clubs use? Will make it even more difficult to get young players the experience they need.

It's also going to fuck a whole load of lower league clubs too, ridiculous ruling. Literally no positive side to it.

Guest ShoePiss
I think you have all maybe got caught up in the Beckham to Preston loan deal and thought yeah loan players out to lower league clubs cos then they get experience what.

I dont know if you are like me and noticed that players like that would have made it anyway?

Just be patient and wait there is no hurry for these players to come through' date=' we are in the final of the League Cup and 4 points of fourth.

Hold your knickers and lets see where we finish up.[/quote']

I've no idea what you're talking about.

Given how highly Kenny rates Shelvey, the suggestion that the management have somehow acted to his detriment has non-plussed me. He was recalled against a background of injury to Lucas, and Gerrard being out for a then indeterminate length of time. I suspect he'll feature heavily on the bench for the rest of the season, and has the possibility of playing a part in one cup final (not as a starter) and helping the team towards another.

Am I in the minority here in thinking this is about his level?

Never have I seen a player so hyped and also seemingly for no reason thought by millions to be a centre midfeilder when he is either a slow wideman or classic AM and not much use in either role at the top level due to his slow speed, erratic shooting and headless chicken approach to footy. I really get baffled by it all. Having said that he seems to have done well on his time out on loan and I am judging him on his limited first team time, some of which covered the Hodgson period.

Still, baffling as a BAFTA smoking a bifta in the bath.

Agreed

Got to say was in town after Xmas and saw Shelvey who walked passed us in a bar, so my mate put his hand out to shake his hand, but he ignored the handshake offer which he clearly saw, so my mate patted him on the back instead as he walked past, he looked at my mate like he was a piece of shit in a very arrogant manner, he was stopped by a another lad who was a bit of a gripper and told how rude he had just been, needless to say he returned and shock my mates hand. He looked quite embarished as a few people were looking at him. Anyway the top and bottom of this is that his attitude stinks and he needs to come back down to earth.

Got to say was in town after Xmas and saw Shelvey who walked passed us in a bar, so my mate put his hand out to shake his hand, but he ignored the handshake offer which he clearly saw, so my mate patted him on the back instead as he walked past, he looked at my mate like he was a piece of shit in a very arrogant manner, he was stopped by a another lad who was a bit of a gripper and told how rude he had just been, needless to say he returned and shock my mates hand. He looked quite embarished as a few people were looking at him. Anyway the top and bottom of this is that his attitude stinks and he needs to come back down to earth.

Jesus fuck leave the poor lad alone

And that's certainly not how he's seen by Blackpool fans....very positive reports of him gving people his time and returning to watch games after his loan spell ended. Dont judge a person on the basis of one incident. Oh, and he's 19 isnt he?

That story is terrible. What the fuck do you expect of the lad?

Shelvey no doubt had loads of meff's go up to him when he's out - with a 50/50 chance someone popping by to shake his hand might be a blooshite, and might abuse him as such. Any player should be reluctant to about being too friendly when they are out and about - given the sheer volume of wankers that prey the streets these days.

The Blue Oyster can be an intimidating place for any young man.

who's your mate? evra?

If I was a footballer I wouldn't shake someone's hand in a pub either, in fact I wouldn't engage them in conversation at all as it'd probably be only a matter of seconds before some coke-head tried to make a name for himself. The only words I'd utter would be 'make way'.

All things being equal I'd keep Shelvey here and send Heonardsen out on loan, but there's no way Boro would be able to afford his wages.

I'm glad that you and Brendan are bonding over Henderson, but Heonardsen is one of the lamest nicknames I've ever seen.

I think it's fair to say it has to be one of those "you had to be there at the time moments". It was bad coz no one was really there and the lads are decent lads, I leave it at that.

I don't doubt that you and your mates are decent lads, but how is Shelvey supposed to know this? Can you imagine the jealousy thats thrust his way when he's faced with gang's on lads in a night out in Liverpool? The names he's called by bitters?

Sorry mate, there's no way you can paint Shelvey in a bad light in a sitaution like this, imo.