You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jimmy Savile dead

Mendoza

Read a good Snow article about that earlier today, nicely underling the u-turn Brittan's suddenly done. 

Imagine that was pretty much the news report in question, if it was also on CH4.

Yes. Brittan seems to have had some sort of miraculous recollection of the file he claimed some time ago to have no knowledge of. Most peoples memories get worse as the get older. Not the case for Mr Brittan.

Yes. Brittan seems to have had some sort of miraculous recollection of the file he claimed some time ago to have no knowledge of. Most peoples memories get worse as the get older. Not the case for Mr Brittan.

Lord, it's a miracle.

I should imagine Brittan sent that dossier to some dimly lit corner of the Home Office as quickly as he possibly could. His problem is that he has been caught lying about its existence . Now he has miraculously remembered it he will find it difficult to deny he knows what was in it,

He will know the names it contained  

Leon Brittain just doesn't look the type. ( allegedly )

How long before some minor Royal or Political lackiy is thrown to the Wolves to hide the scent. It's par for the course in Public Schools.

The Headmaster at Eton held an assembly once, the boys not knowing the topic. The topic was corruption. He began by asking how many had taken a bung, virtually every boy raised their hand. He then explained that he meant a bribe. Hands quickly dropped. And 20 masters sighed collectively in relief.

on a par with Ernest Saunders who was diagnosed with alzheimers while in prison securing his early release.Then he made history by becoming the first person to ever make a full recovery from alzheimers.

I guess they were right after all Guiness really is good for you....

on a par with Ernest Saunders who was diagnosed with alzheimers while in prison securing his early release.Then he made history by becoming the first person to ever make a full recovery from alzheimers.

Or when the Queen suddenly remembered that Paul Burrell had told her he'd taken some of Lady Di's papers for 'safekeeping' and thus ending the Regina Vs Burrell case at the Old Bailey. All very convenient.

Just wondering why Dickens didn't go straight to the police with this dossier. Who compiled it ? At the very least, if it was so explosive why wasn't a copy of it made.

He insisted there was "no reason" why the dossiers, which he said could include evidence indentifying child sex abusers, should have been destroyed by the Home Office.

Oh I could think of a few reasons why it would have been destroyed.

Spend about 2-3 years inside, presumably an easy prison, in return for 4-5 decades of abuse. Rolf has got it pretty easy there. Hopefully they'll drain his entire life savings in civil cases and he'll end up abused in a shitty care home for the last few years

As the indicidents happend in the 70's, then the court must sentence with what would of been sentenced in the 70's - is what I've heard.

If it was today, I think the 5 years and 9 months would of been a whole lot more, or at least hoped it would of been.

As the indicidents happend in the 70's, then the court must sentence with what would of been sentenced in the 70's - is what I've heard.

If it was today, I think the 5 years and 9 months would of been a whole lot more, or at least hoped they would of been.

That seems to be the case, he's been given a tariff towards the top end of what is possible. Given his health is poor he'll probably see out his days on the inside which seems appropriate.

Hopefully his victims will at least receive generous payouts for his conduct from his £11 million although looking at the way he's arranged his finances through limited companies I suspect he'll hold onto the bulk of it.

That seems to be the case, he's been given a tariff towards the top end of what is possible. Given his health is poor he'll probably see out his days on the inside which seems appropriate.

Hopefully his victims will at least receive generous payouts for his conduct from his £11 million although looking at the way he's arranged his finances through limited companies I suspect he'll hold onto the bulk of it.

It will be a case of timings I guess from when the case's first accusations started, but If that is indeed the case and he has moved his wealth to defend it, then his wealth(sections that were moved in anticipation) should be taken by the courts and be made open to any claims by the vicims, similarly with what happens with drug barons money. They're both as bad as one another.